What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not even a Thank You for Noddy's 300th

Danish

Referee
Well the roosters season ticket holders (and the few dogs fans that stayed around after the game) gave him a massive standing ovation as he left the field... so we did our bit.

Something tells me that the roosters would have allowed the dogs to have a banner or something similar for Noddy had they requested. I mean FFS why wouldn't they?

Iafeta

Referee
Noddy has a right to be dirty about it, the NRL should be looking after blokes like him who have chosen to ignore the big money OS and other codes to stay in this comp.

Hindy will probably crack it next year and will be treated the same.

In cricket, they used to, and I think still do, around the county scene have a benefit match. The match is usually a big occasion in the first class calendar where a bloke who has given enormous service to a club gets a fair percentage of the gate take.

To me, we could be killing a few birds with one stone here.

+ Big crowds for the event
+ Payments to our players who have been loyal to code and probably club, crowds will generally also flock to support good blokes if they've been a good member of the community rather than some of the prats we have had in our code
+ The event has a special atmosphere to it

A lot of home games these days are same old, same old. Some tragic electronic music thumped out pre-game, and then the game with some kids doing footy at half-time (that part is cool btw). We could certainly gloss it up into a good event.

I'm a proud Warriors fan and I love to hate Noddy when he plays against us. But all that aside WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT! for a loyal LEAGUE STAR.

Red Bear

Referee
In cricket, they used to, and I think still do, around the county scene have a benefit match. The match is usually a big occasion in the first class calendar where a bloke who has given enormous service to a club gets a fair percentage of the gate take.

To me, we could be killing a few birds with one stone here.

+ Big crowds for the event
+ Payments to our players who have been loyal to code and probably club, crowds will generally also flock to support good blokes if they've been a good member of the community rather than some of the prats we have had in our code
+ The event has a special atmosphere to it

A lot of home games these days are same old, same old. Some tragic electronic music thumped out pre-game, and then the game with some kids doing footy at half-time (that part is cool btw). We could certainly gloss it up into a good event.
They have testimonial games in Soccer as well, eg Allan Shearer and Roy Keane's a few years back, Carragher has one coming up.

Bulldogs could've done more though you would think.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They have testimonial games in Soccer as well, eg Allan Shearer and Roy Keane's a few years back, Carragher has one coming up.

Bulldogs could've done more though you would think.
Our hands are tied with an away game in many senses, as shown last year though we do acknowledge things with Saints and Hazem's 300.

I imagine we'll see something at ANZ next week - our first home game there since June 4th - nearly two months ago.

Iafeta

Referee
In fairness to the Bulldogs, I must praise them for some of their recent initiatives. The thing they did a year or two ago when $BW was about to do the Pink-Panther on them for the Warriors fans was epic, and their support of Steve Price earlier this year was also an extremely good effort.

I don't know, I kind of feel the NRL could really market the hell out of these types of events. Instead we hear the same monochrome radio ads for the same games, you know, a spot of Ray Warren commentary and the teams names and when they play.

I'm not trying to apportion blame, but I feel we could do a lot more at an NRL level as well as a club level to really bring these fixtures to life. For the record, awesome game yesterday. That was a credit to rugby league.

sooperdooper

First Grade
I dont see why the NRL should have done something for Kimmorley... i mean he is a money chasing merkin. Who got to the 300 club after being punted from 3 or 4 clubs.
It is not like he did it play for one team...

I heard the bulldogs fans held a riot in Kimmorley's honour, walking through town today its pretty obvious the club celebrated in its own special way.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I don't like AFL but they have the edge on the NRL when it comes to promoting their game and acknowledging player achievements.

Timmah

Staff member
He's the first halfback to ever have played 300 games - a phenomenal effort regardless of how many clubs he achieved it with.

green eyed mike

Juniors
At the very least the Roosters should have thanked him for throwing the forward pass that gave them the chance to win the match... Maybe that's why the Roosters fans gave him a standing ovation!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The NRL aren't a f**king Parties "R" Us organisation. If you want some sort of celebration for some big achievement, you should look towards the club you play for.

I never minded you too much Noddy, but you've been hanging around that softcock sooky botch Michelle Ennis too much and it's turned you into a pissweak bitch.

So was it 300 games or 300 different clubs he wanted to celebrate.

Bay City

Juniors
The Dogs get the chance to do something this Friday night in a game likely to draw a big crowd. They can paint it up as Noddy's first home game since cracking 300.

Rather than whinge the Dogs should be running some form of promotion centred around Noddy for this weeks game.

oldmancraigy

Coach
He's the first halfback to ever have played 300 games - a phenomenal effort regardless of how many clubs he achieved it with.

I don't really like him that much (as a player, nice guy though) - but I can't believe the Dogs didn't try to get something organised AND THEN have the audacity to come out AFTER the event and blame the NRL.

Why not petition the NRL hard during the week, or even in the papers to do something?

Poor form from the Dogs to not do anything and then blame the NRL...

Johns Magic

Referee
The Roosters probably didn't want to spoil their party for Anasta's 200th game. They made a bit of a fuss about it.

Timmah

Staff member
I don't really like him that much (as a player, nice guy though) - but I can't believe the Dogs didn't try to get something organised AND THEN have the audacity to come out AFTER the event and blame the NRL.

Why not petition the NRL hard during the week, or even in the papers to do something?

Poor form from the Dogs to not do anything and then blame the NRL...
:?

The Bulldogs were the away team. How do you know they didn't approach the Roosters? (Who lets be fair did SFA for Bwaif apart from a nice little banner).

The bottom line I think is that the NRL needs to keep tabs on these things and help out clubs when these sorts of legends reach these milestones.

StormChaser

First Grade
You'd think with all the negativity of late (yes yes, Storm scum, cheats, etc etc) the NRL would jump at a chance to promote something positive.

user_nat

Coach
I dont see why the NRL should have done something for Kimmorley... i mean he is a money chasing merkin. Who got to the 300 club after being punted from 3 or 4 clubs.
It is not like he did it play for one team...

Took him 6 clubs, 2 of which don't actually exist anymore though.