What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

RWB

Bench
:lol:

Princess I actually don't mind the Roosters as a club or team so you can forget that.

I was responding to your claim that the NRL are looking to adjust the salary cap for Money Bill due to statistics etc.

My issue is with Money Bill, not the Roosters club. But to claim Politis and Gyngell are not exerting pressure on the NRL to change the cap for him is either ignorance or stupidity. Take your pick.

You can keep referring to them as 'some statistics' but lets cut through the bullshit and call them what they really are; increased exposure and revenue.

If you think any organisation with the primary goal of making money needs external pressure to alter their structures to keep an asset that significantly increases revenue and exposure you're deluded.

Continue with your conspiracy theories though, they're cute.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
You can keep referring to them as 'some statistics' but lets cut through the bullshit and call them what they really are; increased exposure and revenue.

If you think any organisation with the primary goal of making money needs external pressure to alter their structures to keep an asset that significantly increases revenue and exposure you're deluded.

Continue with your conspiracy theories though, they're cute.

Ok, so its stupidity. Thanks for clarifying :p

Players have been lost to league before (Falou ring any bells????) but no concessions were given. Remember the sky was going to fall in unless something was done to stop the imminent downfall of league at the hands of AFL and Yawnion? No concessions were handed out then.

Why is this bloke so special? (asked in a rhetorical manner as I wouldn't dare ask a Roosters fan what is so "special" about him)

Not denying he does have positives (as I've said before). Just also saying that there are a lot of negatives that go along with this bloke and his attitude of not seeming to give a shit about anything that does not effect SBW himself.

Good luck to the Chooks though. If it were any other club they would be trying to use leverage too (if they had it). TO claim they are not using their influence is so ridiculously stupid it beggars belief.

Players have been lost to league before (Falou ring any bells????) but no concessions were given. Remember the sky was going to fall in unless something was done to stop the imminent downfall of league at the hands of AFL and Yawnion? No concessions were handed out then.

Why is this bloke so special? (asked in a rhetorical manner as I wouldn't dare ask a Roosters fan what is so "special" about him)

Not denying he does have positives (as I've said before). Just also saying that there are a lot of negatives that go along with this bloke and his attitude of not seeming to give a shit about anything that does not effect SBW himself.

Good luck to the Chooks though. If it were any other club they would be trying to use leverage too (if they had it). TO claim they are not using their influence is so ridiculously stupid it beggars belief.

But what concessions are you talking about? Do we even know what they are?
If one of them is to not count his boxing pay, then that's more than reasonable as the Roosters are not supplying the purse. In fact, it's ridiculous to to count it against the cap in first place.

I also remember the NRL assisting Newcastle to keep Andrew Johns including talking Gyngell into to giving him a post league career at channel nine as a carrot to stay in the game. Not many on here complained about it at the time.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
I'm sold on this thread.

Nice Beaver seals it.

Yeah, it cracks me up too...everyone going off (one way or another) on sonny bill playing for the Roosters in 2014. He hasn't even signed yet (Feb 2014 lol) but he's saying he's going to play....oh wait :sarcasm:

Fat Krion

Juniors

Remember the NRL making an allowance to keep Andrew Johns in the game when he was being pursued by the waratahs and aru....

GONZO72

Juniors
I couldn't resist. The Thread of the millennium, courtesy of Bullfrog Farce.
I can recall that whenever this thread got to the 3rd or 4th page, the bullfrog would regurgitate it, particularly when the Roosters lost a few matches late in the season.
He coped a hammering, after they won the premiership.

Bulldog Force

Referee
The Roosters are the benchmark of the competition and will undoubtedly win their 2nd consecutive Premiership in 2014!

GONZO72

Juniors
Haha. A response that was expected . What else could you say, after that clanger last year. I applaud you Bullfrog on a quick witted response, which for you is totally out of character.

The Pip

Juniors
Haha. A response that was expected . What else could you say, after that clanger last year. I applaud you Bullfrog on a quick witted response, which for you is totally out of character.

Actually, Bullgrub Farce you are to be congratulated, as your Bulltards are currently the benchmark of the comp along with...the Titans. Surreal as it may seem, the inclement weather has helped the filth to 2nd spot, as they are heavily reliant on their blobby potato sack forwards. They will be flushed out as imposters when the rain ceases.

dogslife

Coach
The adult virgin club has doubled in size with gonz and fat krion joining these spastics.

Or should I say it's still only got 1 member?

GONZO72

Juniors
Why so nasty Dogs breath. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. There is no need for hysteria. Have a tablet and chill out. Your team have suprised the league world after 5 rounds, albeit in suitable circumstances. The Dogs are a realistic chance to squeeze into the 8. They might lose one player to origin and again have the luxury of playing the roosters without their 5-6 origin stars. Also they play Manly who will be missing a number of quality players.

Tommy Smith

Referee
This thread is ALMOST as good as the GF thread at 18-8 down when everyone was having a giggle at us and SBW.