What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NOTICE - THE Release Date Thread

Pierced Soul

First Grade
if there is a bug i at least hope they fix it without releasing it first. too many games have bugs and just get released anyway....

the fact so many people keep asking abotu when it'll be released is positive, but if it keeps dragging on, people will jsut forget about it or be too pissed off to care when it does come out

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I still don't know where you're all getting Nov 15 from, it's a Saturday, therefore it cannot be released. You'll find it will probably be released on the 17th (Monday)

Goleel

Juniors
Well Rugby 2004 in NZ is apparently slated for release on a Saturday, but come on, stores can't get deliveries on weekends as far as I know, so it'd have to come in on the Friday, and most stores would make it available ASAP, so friday 14th it most likely is, if they stick with their Nov. 15 date, which I think they will.

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
Yeh im pretty sure about that too, i was told 14th/15th so i would probably say the 14th which is great, friday.

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
this god damn game better be damn as well worth it if they keep putting it off and extending release dates :evil: :evil:

otherwise im going to be pissed

tHe_MaC

Juniors
Gol is wrong.
If they have they get the game on the Friday, they must wait until the saturday to release it, if that is the release date.
Which was the case with Rugby 2004, all the shops got it the day before and contacted those who had ordered it telling them to come pick it up tomorrow because it has arrived in store.

JannoSharks

Juniors
Id wait until Mario confirms it...Dont get too heated just yet. But far out i want to play the game so much
The sharkies with Vagana will win it

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
if the game gets delayed till december 12th i would probly have 2 wait till next year 2 get it unless they release the pc version first

Dover

Juniors
tHe_MaC said:
Gol is wrong.
If they have they get the game on the Friday, they must wait until the saturday to release it, if that is the release date.
Which was the case with Rugby 2004, all the shops got it the day before and contacted those who had ordered it telling them to come pick it up tomorrow because it has arrived in store.

Technically yes they have to wait........... but does that actually happen - no, not everywhere

If you are after a new DVD, computer game or even toy that you know the release date, then 90% of the time you can pick it up 1-2 days before the release date. Some stores will hold their stock until the date, but others (knowing the demand of a product) will get it out early.

For example - 2 weeks ago I went in to purchase Matrix Reloaded the day before its release. Big W told me know, the release date was the next day - come back tomorrow. So I said "No thanks" and confidently walked down to GB where I found a nice big Reloaded display - picked up my DVD and went home happy. Target also had them out for sale.

The only thing to scare a store with releasing a product early is litigation, and that would probably only happen if stock was received LONG before the date. eg Star Wars Ep 2 toys were released in some stores a month before their due date. Hasbro got on to that Very quickly, sending warnings to all stores.

So whatever the expected release date is, you may find it out a day or so earlier - ESPECIALLY if u have preordered!!!

My guess is that the only it will be released everywhere on the release date is if stores only receive their stock on THAT day.

And as much as I'd love to see them release the PC version first (what i'm getting), they won't - marketing suicide!!!! All or nothing - remember, as much as we want this, HES and SIDHE are businesses and want a profit from this. Marketing will be very important to them.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I always wanted to play GTA Vice City on PC and look how long that took to come out.

Some things are worth waiting for.

nz_kid

Juniors
I have some good new for you all i have just been into central park interactive to pre order a copy of stacey jones rugby league and the guy there said they were expecting it on the 5th of november thats only about a week away But i don't think it will come out then because they usally put out a release date about 2 weeks before the release date Oh well i just thought i would tell you that

roosterman57

Juniors
Well i just sent mario a private message and he said they are estimating november the 15th at the moment but could be early december if bounced back by sony.

Those words came from mario the one who knows best so how bout we believe that instead of posting all these stupid unrealistic dates which have been given 2 u by EB or other stores. If people here one little thing about a release date, even if a bum on the street told them, they will post it and make a big deal bout it. I think its just out of boredom. Lets just stop going on bout the release date until mario gives us an official one. Dont get me wrong. i cant wait til it comes out but every second or third post is about the damn release date. Not just in this thread either. I think im not the only 1 sick of it.

hulkster

Juniors
roosterman57 said:
Well i just sent mario a private message and he said they are estimating november the 15th at the moment but could be early december if bounced back by sony.

Those words came from mario the one who knows best so how bout we believe that instead of posting all these stupid unrealistic dates which have been given 2 u by EB or other stores. If people here one little thing about a release date, even if a bum on the street told them, they will post it and make a big deal bout it. I think its just out of boredom. Lets just stop going on bout the release date until mario gives us an official one. Dont get me wrong. i cant wait til it comes out but every second or third post is about the damn release date. Not just in this thread either. I think im not the only 1 sick of it.
well mate thats way this thread was put here so people can post release dates they heard so what if its unrealistic people are just saying what they heard and told