What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NQ Cowboys v Wests Tigers - 2005 NRL Grand Final - Match Thread and *Spoilers

Who has your support in this years season decider?

• Total voters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2005 Telstra PremiershipNational Rugby League GRAND FINAL
TELSTRA STADIUM, 7:05PM

SUNDAY 2 OCTOBER 2005

NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS vs WESTS TIGERS
nqcowsgrandfinal.jpg
westsgrandfinal.jpg

REFEREE Tim MANDER

VB PREMIER LEAGUE 3:50pm
Sydney Roosters v Parramatta Eels
JERSEY FLEGG CUP 2:00pmSt George-Illawarra Dragons v Parramatta Eels

Initial Team Line-ups
cowboys2.gif
Cowboys 1 Matthew Bowen 2 Ty Williams 3 Josh Hannay 4 Paul Bowman 5 Matt Sing
6 Johnathan Thurston 7 Brett Firman
8 Paul Rauhihi 9 Aaron Payne 10 Shane Tronc 11 Steven Southern 12 Luke O'Donnell 13 Travis Norton (C)

Interchange 14 Rod Jensen 15 David Faiumu 16 Justin Smith 17 Mitchell Sargent

tigers2.gif
Tigers 1 Brett Hodgson 2 Daniel Fitzhenry 3 Shane Elford 4 Paul Whatuira 5 Pat Richards
6 Benji Marshall 7 Scott Prince (C)
8 Anthony Laffranchi 9 Robbie Farah 10 John Skandalis 11 Ben Galea 12 Mark O'Neill 13 Dene Halatau

Interchange 14 Liam Fulton 15 Chris Heighington 16 Bryce Gibbs 17 Todd Payten
Reserves 18 John Wilson 19 Bronson Harrison

Tab Sportsbet Prices
12:50am Monday 26/9
Cowboys 2.30 Tigers 1.55
5pm Tuesday 27/9
Cowboys 2.20 Tigers 1.62
Midnight Friday 30/9
Cowboys 2.20 Tigers 1.62
FootyTAB Points Start
Cowboys +3.5

Head to Head 2005
TELSTRA FINAL SERIES WEEK ONE Tigers 50 Cowboys 6 @ Telstra
TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP ROUND 23 Tigers 28 Cowboys 16 @ Campbelltown
TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP ROUND 6 Cowboys 44 Tigers 20 @ Dairy Farmers

Who has your measure?

What's your team?

The Grand Final is only days away!

Jordan

Juniors
Go Cowboys!

I think we can win, but only if we play to our best and have the same desperation in defence that we did against the Eels. I haven't seen that kind of defence from the Cowboys since last year's finals series. I flew down from Townsville to the game today and it almost was as if the Cowboys have spent half a season waiting for this game. The hunger was back...the desperation... they made a few mistakes especially at the start of the game, but they were fired up..they wanted to make amends for last year, and they did just that.

I think the GF will be a close game, and not as much of a high scoring affair as people might expect. Should be a beauty...can't wait! :)

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Pat Richards is a HUGE loss, made worse by the fact that they have nobody to replace him.

The Cowboys SHOULD win, but the Dragons should have won and the Eels should have won, so nobody will know until the fulltime siren sounds on Sunday night.

Timmah

Staff member
Unfortunately for the Tigers their first real test of depth has come on Grand Final Day.

They have the players to back him up but whether they're of premiership standard only time will tell.

Go COWBOYS!!!

A_J_Gray

Juniors
Go The Tigers
this one will be close but I think we can hold off
However everyone will just be interested to see weather the wing replacement can be up to it, cause if he isnt it will be exploted ALA Matt Sing bomb invasion 2004, series game 1

Timmah

Staff member
The Tigers bandwagon obviously hasn't been online yet... :lol:

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I think Sheens will push Elford out to the wing & bring Johnny white legs Wilson into the centres, or bring Collis back. But wilson has been training with the team & warming up with them b4 the games, so that would be my guess. Go tigers.

Scott

Bench
Elford to the wing, Wilson in the centres. I think Halatau is important at Lock and going into dummy half as often as he wants. He may not get to do this from centre.

Kid

Juniors
I'm surprised at the generous odds offered for the Cowboys. A stack of players with State of Origin experience and a drubbing of the minor premiers would have to make them favourites in my book. Still i'll be hoping and praying for the mighty WT to complete the fairytale.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
The Cowboys should win.

I don't really mind who wins. If i was pushed, probably the Tigers.

Mr Saab

Referee
i think the cows will win, only because of the pattern sine 1994.
Fav/outsider/fav/out...etc etc
last yr was the fav that one...this yr it is the outsider.
That is all that i am basing it on!

Parra_Eels

Bench
yeh im goin to the game and im still a bit torn on who to support. atm im saying wt but living in qld it'll be hard not to get swept up in cowboys fever. i think wt should be favourites