What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NQ Cowboys v Wests Tigers - 2005 NRL Grand Final - Match Thread and *Spoilers

Who has your support in this years season decider?

• Total voters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
*Bump*

Referee confirmed as Tim Mander.

Lots of support showing through this morning for the Wests Tigers - don't forget to vote in the poll to let everyone know who you're rooting for in this weekends decider!

Timmah

Staff member
Team line-ups announced!

Grand Final Day now only 5 days away!!!!

Bomber

Bench
Cowboys 28
Bowman 2, Bowen, Southern, Payne tries
Hannay 4/6 goals

Tigers 20
Halatau, Hodgson, Prince tries
Hodgson 4/4 goals

Halftime - 8-all.

Clive Churchill Medal - Matt Bowen, another short fullback in the mould of the great man

Timmah

Staff member
Betting updated again - FootyTab Points Start added.

Timmah

Staff member
Interesting to note the majority of 'Dogs fans are supporting the Cowboys :lol:

Two days guys... two days. GO COWBOYS!

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
I can't beleive Wests Tigers are favourites.

Many of the tries they have scored througout the finals have been oportunistic in nature (i.e. intercepts & from kicks). They have also been very lucky on ocasions not to be scored against. Last week they looked flat to me. The dragons opened up for them and also made a ton of errors.

The Cowboys however have been going from strength to strength since their loss to Wests Tigers in the first round. Their defence has tightened up ensuring there will be no gapeing holes for the Tigers to exploit.

The Cowboys are peaking at the right time and will win easily. I'm tipping 40 nil.

Balmain_Boy

Frustrated Fan said:
I can't beleive Wests Tigers are favourites.

Many of the tries they have scored througout the finals have been oportunistic in nature (i.e. intercepts & from kicks).
They have also been very lucky on ocasions not to be scored against. Last week they looked flat to me. The dragons opened up for them and also made a ton of errors.

The Cowboys however have been going from strength to strength since their loss to Wests Tigers in the first round. Their defence has tightened up ensuring there will be no gapeing holes for the Tigers to exploit.

The Cowboys are peaking at the right time and will win easily. I'm tipping 40 nil.

Huh?

I don't necessarily agree with any of what you've written, but you're entitled to your opinion. The bold bit however is just...wrong? One intercept try and I can't recall any from kicks.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Huh?

I don't necessarily agree with any of what you've written, but you're entitled to your opinion. The bold bit however is just...wrong? One intercept try and I can't recall any from kicks.

Yeah i'll cop that. After all they have scored plenty of tries througout the series and some were very classy indeed. But i'm not changing my tip.

Hari Kari

Juniors
0neye said:
:lol: BI BY BYE TIGER:lol:

0NEYED_QUEEN_29783.gif

:lol:

shadow grinder

First Grade
how the f**k did thurston get dally M this year! he was terrible tonight.....worst player EVER!

pretty average game aswell.

wittyfan

Referee
I'd feel very disappointed if I was a Cowboys fan tonight. They played several notches below of what they are capable of.

Firman was very ineffective as well.

Ghoulies

Bench
shadow grinder said:
how the f**k did thurston get dally M this year! he was terrible tonight.....worst player EVER!

pretty average game aswell.
I could have sworn he set up all 3 Cowboys tries. :-k

Anyways.... Congrats Tigers!

shadow grinder

First Grade
Ghoulies said:
I could have sworn he set up all 3 Cowboys tries. :-k

Anyways.... Congrats Tigers!

pfft...what about all the sh*t kicks and errors...for every good thing he did he did 2 bad things.