What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NQ Cowboys v Wests Tigers - 2005 NRL Grand Final - Match Thread and *Spoilers

Who has your support in this years season decider?

• Total voters

rabs

Staff member
congrats to the tiges, they deserved it and North Queensland were probably flattered in finishing second this season
be interesting to see how wests back up next season, this could be the start of a dynasty with the buys they've made
good on em for playing a great brand of footy and having a real go

pantherz9103

First Grade
shadow grinder said:
everyone has said that tigers deserved it..which they did they played good and wanted it more. But that doesnt mean it was the best game in history!!

Never said it was. I'm just sick of the bitching and moaning on this forum. Geez, things aren't that bad. Sure I agree with some of your points, e.g. the annoying ads. But what about Marshall's long run to set Richards up, what about Thurston's two great passes to set up tries for the Cowboys.

TIGERS won the comp!! I can't believe it :)

congrats to the tiges, they deserved it and North Queensland were probably flattered in finishing second this season
be interesting to see how wests back up next season, this could be the start of a dynasty with the buys they've made
good on em for playing a great brand of footy and having a real go

imo Tigers have too continue too play the same way we did this year but looks like sheens listen to the papers and bought big guys imo this will hurt us cause we love too wear teams out and this is what we have done over the year anyways we won the grand final wooooooooooo GO U TIGERS :d

Meanie

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
Marshall is not a superstar in the making, he's already a superstar. The most exciti9ng player in the comp for mine. His side step is sublime.
Karmichael who?
Sonny who?

Don't speak too soon. Sonny Bill would've had a massive year if not for injury. Hopefully Benji's shoulder problems leave him alone for good.

aussies1st

Staff member
aqua_duck said:
Marshall is not a superstar in the making, he's already a superstar. The most exciti9ng player in the comp for mine. His side step is sublime.
Karmichael who?
Sonny who?

Where did I say a superstar in the making?
Anyway next year will be his test. He needs to stay injury free to raise his superstardom.

*Sandy*

First Grade
pantherz9103 said:
Never said it was. I'm just sick of the bitching and moaning on this forum. Geez, things aren't that bad. Sure I agree with some of your points, e.g. the annoying ads. But what about Marshall's long run to set Richards up, what about Thurston's two great passes to set up tries for the Cowboys.

TIGERS won the comp!! I can't believe it :)

panthers9103 there's always a thorn in every rose. Enjoy it Tiger fans ... not the thorns ... just ignore them. :D

aqua_duck

Coach
aussies1st said:
Where did I say a superstar in the making?
Anyway next year will be his test. He needs to stay injury free to raise his superstardom.
You didn't but I was just eluding to the fact that many think of him as just that.

dhurga

Juniors
you guys just crack me up!

ha ha he he ..tigers had more hunger more will to win and a great captain and justifiably Churchill medal winner!

well done scotty and the tigs

bowen_1

Juniors
I'm devastated. Really we shouldve won that game, but just made too many errors. Still, congrats to the tigers, you were brilliant gor the second half of the season and worthy premiers.

Thurston tried hard, adn defended well, but he also made some poor decisions and errors. Buying Firman was a complete waste of time, money, and space. I honestly havent seen him play a half decent game since joining our club, and we play much better footy when thurston and bowen are running the show. It seems he stifles our attack. Anyways we can hold our heads up for getting this far, and we'll be bak again next year, bigger and better than ever. Go Cowboys!!

Congrats to our boys, and commiserations to the Cowboys. You were in it right til the end. Congrats on a great season.

Go the Tigers!

aussies1st

Staff member
Cowboys kicking game wasn't as good as the Tigers. And their defence let them down at times but great effort by the Cowboys.

aids

Bench
you recon bowman will live off the justin hodges special in the first half?

Iafeta

Referee
brooksy19 said:
Farah was the best on ground IMO.

I agree.

He won the match for mine. He slaughtered them straight up the guts.

He should get a Roos jersey.

Anybody got the TV figures?

This site claims it has figures from last night's GF. It's not very well written (a blog, what do you expect) and made a number of unnecessary digs at several organizations. Regardless, here are the numbers claimed:

National: 2.569 million (up from 2.1 million last year)
Sydney: 1.186 million
Brisbane: 778,000
and for the city channel 9 says does not rate rugby league,
Melbourne: 514,000 winning its time slot.

AFL GF in Sydney though got 994,000. Not surprised given a local team was involved.

If anyone's got an official release, or a newspaper article, it would be much better.

Latest posts