What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Why were my 2 posts deleted!?

Because you did not source them. Our forum rules have been posted by another poster above. Also you were given a reason when they were deleted in the form a s post deletion notification.

Everyone gets one if they have a post deleted.

insert.pause

First Grade
I was listening to the Triple M NRL radio show that came on at 6pm last night. I was just getting out of the car, so didn't hear it all, but they quoted the Brisbane Lions TV figures and the numbers were unbelievably poor despite being aired on two free-to-air channels.

Does anyone know where to find those figures? I thought it'd be quite enjoyable reading.

I posted them earlier;
Gee, that hundred million dollar northern expansion is really paying off...

Total local ratings for NSW & Qld AFL sides this week;

Suns 42k Bri (FTA 30k / STV 12k)
Lions 29k Bri (FTA 19k / STV 10k)
Swans 51k Syd (FTA 30k / STV 21k)
Giants 66k Syd (FTA 42k / STV 24k)

https://mobile.twitter.com/MediaweekAUS

Diesel

Referee
f**k your know you're going bad when the Suns out rate Brisbane... in Brisbane.

51k for Sydney and 66k for the Giants is pretty piss poor too

Happy days

Last night main games:
NRL FNF 1mill+
AFL FNF 630k+
Not only are fumbleball TV viewing figures dropping in Sydney and Brisbane they are dropping in Melbourne as well. Fumbleball is certainly on the nose with with Australian sports fans.
Uncle Rupert must be having sleepless nights with the overs he payed for a sport that's on the decline not only in Sydney and Brisbane but Melbourne as well

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not only are fumbleball TV viewing figures dropping in Sydney and Brisbane they are dropping in Melbourne as well. Fumbleball is certainly on the nose with with Australian sports fans.
Uncle Rupert must be having sleepless nights with the overs he payed for a sport that's on the decline not only in Sydney and Brisbane but Melbourne as well

Probably why tney signed for six years

Perth Red

Post Whore
I posted them earlier;

188k in nsw and qland, what were nrl's viewing figures in vic, sa and wa? We can mock but seeing as we dont get high enough to get a rating half the time outside the heartlands we aren't exactly pulling up trees ourselves.

insert.pause

First Grade
188k in nsw and qland, what were nrl's viewing figures in vic, sa and wa? We can mock but seeing as we dont get high enough to get a rating half the time outside the heartlands we aren't exactly pulling up trees ourselves.
AFL STV latest rd (Syd, Bri)
28k(14k,14k), 26k(11k, 15k), 21k(6k,15k), 20k(8k,12k), 8k(4k,4k), 30k(21k,9k), 17k(6k,11k), 17k(7k,10k), 49k(24k,25k) = 216k total / 24k avg (SYD 11k, BRI 13k)

NRL STV latest rd (Mel, Ade, Per) (excluding thursday night - no breakdown available)
30k(14k,4k,12k), 12k(6k,4k,2k), 23k(15k,2k,6k), 23k(14k,2k,7k), 11k(8k,2k,1k), 19k(10k,1k,8k), 26k(21k,1k,4k) = 144 total / 21k avg (MEL 13k, ADE 2k, PER 6k)

https://twitter.com/MediaweekAUS/with_replies

In NSW & Qld the AFL rate ~6k for each expansion club on STV, or about the same as the NRL get in Perth, and the NRL don't even have a team in Perth!

Seems like the AFL is really getting their monies worth...

user_nat

Coach
I would guess that is the second largest audience for anything in Brisbane this year (behind mens AO final).

Billythekid

First Grade
Latest Tv tonight for Friday test and AFL.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/05/friday-5-may-2017.html
NRL crushed them.

Just a shame we don't take the international game seriously. This is a meaningless one off match that everyone knows won't be competitive. It's given maybe a week of build up and for the most part the RL media can barely muster any enthusiasm for the game if they even acknowledge it.

There is so much potential for international rugby league and that's one of our great strengths over the AFL. It's also quite an effective way of pulling in audiences across Australia. We'll be in a much stronger position when we take the international game more seriously.

Edit: Not bad ratings for the other matches considering they were basically total after thoughts. Actually seems pretty promising for the World Cup later this year. I can't remember but are fox showing many of the games? I feel they will rate pretty well there.

Last edited:

Latest posts