What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

mongoose

Coach
This is getting kinda depressing. We used to say our crowds were crap but at least we were hammering afl on tv. Another week of finals, another tv battle lost

Friday
NRL paytv. 390k Fta 1.273mill
Afl paytv. 361k Fta 1.356mill

Saturday
NRL paytv. 409k Fta 1.256 mill
Afl paytv. 552k Fta 1.428mill

Source:https://mobile.twitter.com/MediaweekAUS?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

552k on fox for the GWS game that started some time around 6.00?
yeah that seems legit...

Diesel

Referee
How accurate are the Fox ratings?

They paid more for ALF and wouldn't surprise me if Rupert is saving face with an extra hundred thousand added to the figure

magpie_man

Juniors
This is getting kinda depressing. We used to say our crowds were crap but at least we were hammering afl on tv. Another week of finals, another tv battle lost

Friday
NRL paytv. 390k Fta 1.273mill
Afl paytv. 361k Fta 1.356mill

Saturday
NRL paytv. 409k Fta 1.256 mill
Afl paytv. 552k Fta 1.428mill

Source:https://mobile.twitter.com/MediaweekAUS?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

There is a massive amount of interest in Melbourne and the AFL States in general around Richmond's long-awaited resurgence.
It's a bit similar to the groundswell of interest for the South Sydney finals run in 2014.

DIOGENES

Juniors
What will the international ratings be like for the grand finals? Last year Warwick Hadfield said on ABC that the AFL gf was seen by 100 Million world wide - that's 5 M in Australia and 95 M who didn't have a clue what they were watching. (I guess it could have been on in every nursing home in the developed world). I will make a big prediction and say that if this was true then the NRL gf will be seen by a billion people

The quality of NRLs finals games has been so much better than AFLs. Significantly. Every game a cracker.

It sh!ts me however that they are getting better ratings and have the media spotlight for a Richmond team. In terms of narrative, Storm with their retiring stars is excellent. But the Cows are like nothing else. Its hollywood stuff their story. Mainstream media obviously does not give a stuff.

Now i know whats it like to be a union fan in Australia..

Coparugby

Juniors
What will the international ratings be like for the grand finals? Last year Warwick Hadfield said on ABC that the AFL gf was seen by 100 Million world wide - that's 5 M in Australia and 95 M who didn't have a clue what they were watching. (I guess it could have been on in every nursing home in the developed world). I will make a big prediction and say that if this was true then the NRL gf will be seen by a billion people
That means they were accessible to 95 million on one of their 400 pay TV channels they can choose from when sitting down in front of the TV to relax. In that context, 95 million is tiny.

Stallion

First Grade
The quality of NRLs finals games has been so much better than AFLs. Significantly. Every game a cracker.

It sh!ts me however that they are getting better ratings and have the media spotlight for a Richmond team. In terms of narrative, Storm with their retiring stars is excellent. But the Cows are like nothing else. Its hollywood stuff their story. Mainstream media obviously does not give a stuff.

Now i know whats it like to be a union fan in Australia..

Point of difference is union is a crap code whereas rugby league deserves better and is the best code overall. (I like soccer as well but thats another topic )

Heritage XIII

Juniors
The Today Show on Nine, you know the station that covers the NRL, will be doing a live show at Richmond AFL's training ground this Friday. They've done it the last few years while the NRL grand final teams just get a live cross from Tim Gilbert or the like.

A strange decision by Nine as Sunrise do the same thing for AFL, so in effect None are promoting 7's event. No wonder ratings have plummeted for nine.

hutch

First Grade
The Today Show on Nine, you know the station that covers the NRL, will be doing a live show at Richmond AFL's training ground this Friday. They've done it the last few years while the NRL grand final teams just get a live cross from Tim Gilbert or the like.

A strange decision by Nine as Sunrise do the same thing for AFL, so in effect None are promoting 7's event. No wonder ratings have plummeted for nine.

I remember they did it last year, they were referring to it as grand final day. They are utter scum.

Perth Red

Post Whore

"Australia's game"

Diesel

Referee
Drove past South Bank about 3:30 this arvo, there were tens of thousands already there sitting and waiting for Riverfire to start. I'd question AFL's ratings if they are higher than last years

Nobody just nobody outside of Australia has the slightest interest in aFL let alone its grand final.
If there was interest they would have at least one semi professional or professional club out of Australia but theirs not.
They even have to pay broadcasters to televise games in Europe and North America

insert.pause

First Grade

looking at foxsports homepage you wouldn't even know the NRL GF was on today, one story underneath the 3 main headlines, 2 about afl & 1 soccer.

How accurate are the Fox ratings?

They paid more for ALF and wouldn't surprise me if Rupert is saving face with an extra hundred thousand added to the figure
Well when you take the former AUSTAR customers who were all subscribed via satellite, except Darwin I believe, they cannot be counted at all, its all one way, they had no way of receiving data from a subscribers box. I was told years ago it's just subscribers to package * %, in a grand final because it should/would 'rate' higher the % used is higher. No different to free to air ratings.

Nine, you know the station that covers the NRL.............or the station who runs the NRL. The NRL have apparently agreed to a request by Nine to delay the kick off tonight from 7:15 to 7:30.

SOO starting later than advertised time and now the GF, pi55 this mob and Greenberg off.
If I can be bothered watching any game during the non-World Cup, at least it will be on a channel that will provide a new and fresh coverage.

Latest posts