What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2020 Finals Series - Your Predictions

Tooooks

Bench
Ok, no fence sitting, your predictions for the finals series. My tips are very optimistic I admit....

WEEK 1:
Penrith v Roosters - Penrith
I can’t see Rorters turning that performance around in a week.

Storm v Parra - Storm
If we defend like we did in the first half against Penrith and play direct in attack, we are a chance. But I’m tipping with my head here.

Raiders v Sharks - Raiders
With their first grade team on the field, Raiders will easily dispose of the gummies.

Souths v Knights - Souths
Recent form just can’t be ignored.

WEEK 2:

Roosters v Canberra - Raiders
Raiders will get their revenge for last year by knocking the Roosters out.

Parra v Souths - Parra
We should be at full strength (touch wood) and the lesson they gave us a few weeks ago will give us the edge.

WEEK 3:

Parra v Penrith - Parra
Since we’ve made it this far in my hypothetical scenario, why not go one further. The loss they’ve been due for since we last beat them.

Raiders v Storm - Storm

GF

We finally break our Storm finals curse and get our ultimate revenge.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ok, no fence sitting, your predictions for the finals series. My tips are very optimistic I admit....

WEEK 1:
Penrith v Roosters - Penrith
I can’t see Rorters turning that performance around in a week.

Storm v Parra - Storm
If we defend like we did in the first half against Penrith and play direct in attack, we are a chance. But I’m tipping with my head here.

Raiders v Sharks - Raiders
With their first grade team on the field, Raiders will easily dispose of the gummies.

Souths v Knights - Souths
Recent form just can’t be ignored.

WEEK 2:

Roosters v Canberra - Raiders
Raiders will get their revenge for last year by knocking the Roosters out.

Parra v Souths - Parra
We should be at full strength (touch wood) and the lesson they gave us a few weeks ago will give us the edge.

WEEK 3:

Parra v Penrith - Parra
Since we’ve made it this far in my hypothetical scenario, why not go one further. The loss they’ve been due for since we last beat them.

Raiders v Storm - Storm

GF

We finally break our Storm finals curse and get our ultimate revenge.

Why do you think we lose to the Storm in week one of the Finals, but the somehow beat them in the Grand Final - when the pressure is ramped up ten-fold?

strider

Post Whore
I will be entirely honest ...

Week 1
Roosters beat Panthers in a close one .... that last roosters game was not legit
Storm beat Parra ... not an absolute flogging, but they will win comfortably
Bunnies beat Knights ... newy are gash
Raiders beat Sharks ... sharks are gummies

Week 2
Parra beat Bunnies ... in a very tight one
Panthers beat Raiders

Week 3
Roosters beat Parra
Storm beat Panthers

Week 4
f**k Melbournes eyes

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ive thought all year that The Storm will win the whole shooting match. Ive had visions of Cam holding the trophy and announcing his retirement closely followed by a presentation of another Diamond Ring to Barb and Diamond necklaces to his kids. Who wouldnt shed a tear on such an occasion.
Obviously would love our Eels to do a Bradbury but in a way it will be fitting if The Pennys win. They truly have had a season to behold. Kinda like our Eels in 2001. Oh hang on..............

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The top 4 make the GF qualifier then who knows what happens, probably depends on who has the least injuries etc

84 Baby

Referee
Week 1
Smugfers
Canbra
Souffs

If we lose to Scum, that means we’d have to beat the inform Souffs and the mighty Smuggy Smugfers to make GF, which would likely be Scum again.
If we beat Scum, we play the winners of the rematch of last years GF (I predict a Canbra vengeance) in order to play GF. This scenario also has the most intrigue for the other half as it’ll be between the Smuggies, Souffs and Scum. It also gives us the “best” opportunity to win the whole thing so clearly it should be win at all costs this week

Angry_eel

First Grade
I keep feeling that we'll beat the Storm. We're not perfect but we're playing different his year. Problem is, we won't be in the GF, other teams are just as strong if not stronger than the Storm.

T.S Quint

Coach
If we don’t win then I hope Penrith does.
I’ll be able to sense the smugness from Gould without even listening to him, but it will still be better than the other alternatives.

84 Baby

Referee
My order of preference:
Eels
Daylight
The Dissolution of the NRL
The Apocalypse
Knights
Whatever existence is left
Rorters
Sharks
Smugfers
Souffs
Scum (only if #CAMillionaire announces his retirement pregame then does a Carige but only win because all of Canbra are mortally wounded by Scum wrestling)
Canbra
Scum (any other scenario)

84 Baby

Referee
Or any other team winning and then be found guilty of cap rorting before the start of next season. That’s always a surefire winner

84 Baby

Referee
Plus I’d take PVL having a brain snap and entering a last minute wild card of any of the other 8 teams, AFL teams, Rugby Union teams, the Indian cricket team, a team consisting of @hineyrulz @IFR33K @Mr Parramatta and their mates, the Manson family or a team made of sentient Matt Nable promos over the Scum winning

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We'll lose the grand final to the Storm, f**k their eyes.

Or we'll lose to Penrith in week three and they'll lose to Melbourne.

Glenneel

Bench
I keep feeling that we'll beat the Storm. We're not perfect but we're playing different his year. Problem is, we won't be in the GF, other teams are just as strong if not stronger than the Storm.
Doubt we'll beat the Storm for one reason only, speed. They have it and we don't.

BA needs speed for next year which means Gutho goes to another position, Who thinks BA will do that? I don't.