What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

JokerEel

Coach
The changes to the voting system certainly helped him.
I'm just shocked that Shaun Johnson didn't win it.

I think it was actually 11 wins as 12 was also in the finals...

He wasn't in the top 10 after round 21 didn't play round 27 so in 6 games jumped everyone..

His 6 points in the second last round was like Wightons 3 to win it...

King-Gutho94

Coach
Major Competition Award Nights like the Dally M & in the cricket AB Medal is basically a non-event these days are losing there luster.

Half the players don't really want to be there and have the cameras on them the whole time. Getting there reactions during the voting count.

The wives and partners get judged by Sydney Confidential on what there wearing.

And every season there is always complaints on who won what.

I didn't watch it last night as personally no one from Parramatta was going to win anything. So i couldnt give two shits.

But the Dally M is not as prestigious i feel as it was 15 years ago.

At least were not dropkicks like the fumbleball in Melbourne who read out every vote for every game like fair dinkum talk about a snooze-fest.

Didn't realise NSW have only had 15 coaches in 44 years of Origin... as my preference/memory is mostly club footy.

So Fittler finishes with a 50% win record - the only NSW coaches to do the same or better were Wayne Pearce, Tom Raudonikis (RIP), Phil Gould (in both stints), Ron Wiley (RIP), and Terry Fearnley (RIP).

Gus is now retirement age, f**k bringing that old fossil back imo.

If Ivan Cleary gets a three-peat, then he might be tempted to take early release and do a rep job instead? His presence in the Game 3 coaches box was... weird.

Pazza

First Grade
Major Competition Award Nights like the Dally M & in the cricket AB Medal is basically a non-event these days are losing there luster.

Half the players don't really want to be there and have the cameras on them the whole time. Getting there reactions during the voting count.

The wives and partners get judged by Sydney Confidential on what there wearing.

Don't worry there are plenty of footy players and wives who would love the attention.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'd give the gig to Toovey, let's face it, Origin coaches are not actual coaches but big dick man managers and motivators.

the biggest challenge is to get him a couple of assistants that are actual coaches.

Ennis and Johns will do.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don't get the hype about Joey as a coach. Yes he was the greatest player i have ever seen.

But he is a sook at the best of times. Matty gave him a bath before origin this year about the coaching and it proved correct. Joey couldn't handle it spat the dummy and hasn't returned to the show. He has been working with the halves for the past 2 years for NSW.

Tell me how many of his predictions does he get right. You read his previews in the herald i reckon he is going at 33% with his predictions.

Then lets go to his consultancy roles at club land - has he been involved with any club that has had success. Walked out on the Roosters they later went on to win a comp. Our attack with Joey as a consultant went backwards. Then improved again after he left.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't get the hype about Joey as a coach. Yes he was the greatest player i have ever seen.

But he is a sook at the best of times. Matty gave him a bath before origin this year about the coaching and it proved correct. Joey couldn't handle it spat the dummy and hasn't returned to the show. He has been working with the halves for the past 2 years for NSW.

Tell me how many of his predictions does he get right. You read his previews in the herald i reckon he is going at 33% with his predictions.

Then lets go to his consultancy roles at club land - has he been involved with any club that has had success. Walked out on the Roosters they later went on to win a comp. Our attack with Joey as a consultant went backwards. Then improved again after he left.

yeah I get that, but at least he gives 2 f**ks about the jersey, and this team needs passion to guide them.

Gronk

Staff member
His defence seems to be “she’s a nut job”.

Her position is “he’s a cranky merkin with DV form”

Neither have been cross examined as yet.