What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

Gronk

Staff member
Paul Kents profile makes him both more susceptible to these allegations but also access to the best Legal teams.

Comes with the territory I suppose.
I am unsure if allegations are more frequent against those with high profile lives. I do know that those who can afford $20k a day silks have a fundamental legal advantage over those who can’t.

This guy is flew his silk from Sydney mid defamation rape trial to his Toowoomba rape trial yesterday.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am unsure if allegations are more frequent against those with high profile lives. I do know that those who can afford $20k a day silks have a fundamental legal advantage over those who can’t.

This guy is flew his silk from Sydney mid defamation rape trial to his Toowoomba rape trial yesterday.

The Guardian hey? Are they aware of the irony of how their reporting of these cases proves the legal system isn't working for him? He is innocent until proven guilty, meaning the allegations are false until proven true. But this massively powerful media rag is painting him as the villain.

Gronk

Staff member
The Guardian hey? Are they aware of the irony of how their reporting of these cases proves the legal system isn't working for him? He is innocent until proven guilty, meaning the allegations are false until proven true. But this massively powerful media rag is painting him as the villain.
Ok so which part of the article does not afford the accused the presumption of innocence ?

Bruce Lehrmann’s lawyers to challenge witnesses in bid to prevent Toowoomba rape case proceeding to trial​

Lehrmann, 28, is accused of raping a woman twice in October 2021 but denies the allegations.

Former Liberal staffer Bruce Lehrmann’s lawyers intend to cross-examine witnesses in an attempt to prevent allegations he raped a woman in Toowoomba from proceeding to trial.

Lehrmann, 28, is accused of twice raping the woman in October 2021, and the charges have been subject to a committal process since January to determine if there are sufficient grounds for a trial.

Toowoomba magistrates court on Wednesday accepted a proposed schedule from Patrick Wilson, acting for Lehrmann, to file notice describing proposed evidence and for the prosecution to respond.

Lehrmann, who is attending a federal court defamation trial against Network Ten and journalist Lisa Wilkinson in Sydney, was excused from appearing in person, and Wilson appeared by phone.

“The intention is to seek to cross-examine witnesses as part of committal proceedings,” Wilson said.

Lehrmann’s lawyers have previously sought medical evidence and extensive phone text message records from the alleged victim, resulting in prosecutors challenging the scope of the request.

Wilson also sought a directions hearing to cross-examine a person on the contents of their written statement, with notice filed within a month.

Magistrate Louise Shephard said that period was significantly longer than usual practice but crown prosecutor Nicole Friedewald said she was satisfied with the proposal.

Wilson said if both defence and prosecutors had filed their materials for the case by 31 January he would need about two hours for a directions hearing.

“It’s not going to be incredibly complicated in the factual sense but there may be some matters to discuss,” Mr Wilson said.

Ms Shephard set a directions hearing for 26 February.