What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Bid 2013 - Join the team

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
the eagles were playing richmond live on free to air t.v at the same time as the reds game. i dont think there were to many afl people at our game anyway, mainly league and union people.

Exactly. It was an away game, on television. It was able to be taped and viewed later. There was no imminent requirement to see it live, or physically be at the ground.

Most people in perth actively involved in sport, have memberships to other clubs, in other sports. The AFL having a home game in Perth, at Subiaco Oval, definitely would have an impact on the crowd attendance.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Who designed the logo? Because dead set it's terrible!

My only issue with it, is that the WA Reds logo doesn't sit anywhere on the poster. I don't expect the WA Reds logo to feature, as the purpose and message of the poster is totally different - though if you want the general community, of whom do not follow the NRL much (that is - casual supporters of the sport), to get behind the bid ... it would've been good to provided them with a tangible and representative image of the club (it's logo); so the public have something to identify with.

Other than that - it fulfills its purpose.

black and gold

Juniors
Exactly. It was an away game, on television. It was able to be taped and viewed later. There was no imminent requirement to see it live, or physically be at the ground.

Most people in perth actively involved in sport, have memberships to other clubs, in other sports. The AFL having a home game in Perth, at Subiaco Oval, definitely would have an impact on the crowd attendance.
you have no idea mate, this game was built as one of the biggest games for the year so far for the eagles who are in poor form and it was a must win for them, also it was ben couzins 1st game back against his old club. i know a hell of a lot eagles fans and they were talking about this game all week. many eagles supporters actually travelled to melbourne to watch this game.you should also check the t.v ratings for this game, it was 2nd behind channel 7 news for the week for perth veiwing. lets face it most die hard afl fans dont really care about rugby league or rugby union, i would say a high percentage of them wouldnt know the difference between the two codes, they think its just rugby.

***MH***

Bench
you have no idea mate, this game was built as one of the biggest games for the year so far for the eagles who are in poor form and it was a must win for them, also it was ben couzins 1st game back against his old club. i know a hell of a lot eagles fans and they were talking about this game all week. many eagles supporters actually travelled to melbourne to watch this game.you should also check the t.v ratings for this game, it was 2nd behind channel 7 news for the week for perth veiwing. lets face it most die hard afl fans dont really care about rugby league or rugby union, i would say a high percentage of them wouldnt know the difference between the two codes, they think its just rugby.
You'll find that WA has one of the highest population growth rates in AU due to many NSW and QLD residents migrating to the west coast for jobs and real estate. Many of these ex-pats will be holding on to their passion for Rugby League and really only have AFL to follow over there. League needs to set foundations in WA now for the next wave of interstate migrants and for the fledging local support.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors

You honestly need to reassess how you approach, and speak to people, Black and Gold.

I am well aware of the media 'hype', and the rivalry that exists between the West Coast Eagles, and Richmond Tigers. I am well aware of the way it was marketed, and the emotional attachments involved with the game. I've long been actively involved in Aussie Rules football, so you're not speaking to someone who is uneducated, or unaware; therefore should lose your "holier than thou" attitude.

You've clearly ignored the fact that I stated an AFL home game would decrease Rugby League crowd numbers more, as opposed to an away game. This is irrespective of the "hype" surrounding the away game (the only exception being the Grand Final). I'm not going to further attempt to justify my viewpoint here, least of all to you.

Last edited:

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
You'll find that WA has one of the highest population growth rates in AU due to many NSW and QLD residents migrating to the west coast for jobs and real estate. Many of these ex-pats will be holding on to their passion for Rugby League and really only have AFL to follow over there. League needs to set foundations in WA now for the next wave of interstate migrants and for the fledging local support.

I agree.

I believe QLD still has the fastest growth rate. WA's economy is slowing (I think it was suggested today, that our state economy is amongst the slowest in the country due to the cessation of the resource "boom").

Regardless - There's plenty of room available for Rugby League and the NRL to co-exist over here.

Many people who follow AFL, have memberships to the Western Force or Perth Glory. In other words, there are tonnes of cross-code supporters. Tonnes of people who simply love sport.

NRL has always been a sport that has great marketing potential - in that it generates much energy and hype around it (whereas Rugby Union seldom does this) - so in a commercial sense, NRL would succeed very well over here.

The only thing we need is a franchise! ... and a good developmental infrastructure at community level.

black and gold

Juniors
You honestly need to reassess how you approach, and speak to people, Black and Gold.

I am well aware of the media 'hype', and the rivalry that exists between the West Coast Eagles, and Richmond Tigers. I am well aware of the way it was marketed, and the emotional attachments involved with the game. I've long been actively involved in Aussie Rules football, so you're not speaking to someone who is uneducated, or unaware; therefore should lose your "holier than thou" attitude.

You've clearly ignored the fact that I stated an AFL home game would decrease Rugby League crowd numbers more, as opposed to an away game. This is irrespective of the "hype" surrounding the away game (the only exception being the Grand Final). I'm not going to further attempt to justify my viewpoint here, least of all to you.
please dont talk to me like that, who are you anyway. id like to know what you have done in rugby league. r u a player a administrator or a supporter. because you seem to think you know everything about anything.did you check the tv ratings for the eagles game.maybe i will nominate you for the board of the warl and everything will be running just fine.whats this strength and conditioning label on your threads obviously nothing to do with the reds cause none of them have heard of you

joondalup_giant

Staff member
please dont talk to me like that, who are you anyway. id like to know what you have done in rugby league. r u a player a administrator or a supporter. because you seem to think you know everything about anything.did you check the tv ratings for the eagles game.maybe i will nominate you for the board of the warl and everything will be running just fine.whats this strength and conditioning label on your threads obviously nothing to do with the reds cause none of them have heard of you

lol who are you?!

Swamp

Juniors
the eagles were playing richmond live on free to air t.v at the same time as the reds game. i dont think there were to many afl people at our game anyway, mainly league and union people.
I was actually standing behind a father & son to enter the game that were wearing Eagles hats & an Auskick bag. My immediate thoughts were that this was quite surprising since Cuzzy Bro' was playing his old team at the same time.

Swamp

Western_Eel

Juniors
I was actually standing behind a father & son to enter the game that were wearing Eagles hats & an Auskick bag. My immediate thoughts were that this was quite surprising since Cuzzy Bro' was playing his old team at the same time.

Swamp
Well its good to see they would rather see our RL game then ''Kick Tennis''

joondalup_giant

Staff member
any1 else see the article in 2day's west about the rabbitoh's wantin 2 bring a game a year here 4 the next 3 year's? I no its not exactly new news but it was great 2 see it in the west!

Nicolas Hart

Juniors

You honestly need to grow up, 'Black & Gold'. You behave like a troubled juvenile starved for attention.

Fortunately, your sweeping statements regarding what you believe people 'think' has only demonstrated how little you actually know about mine, or anyone's involvement in the Rugby League fraternity.

I recommend you don't speak on behalf of others - especially when you're clutching at straws. If you cannot address the purpose of the thread without attempting to abuse others (or target their credibility (which only damages your own)); what are you doing here?

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
any1 else see the article in 2day's west about the rabbitoh's wantin 2 bring a game a year here 4 the next 3 year's? I no its not exactly new news but it was great 2 see it in the west!

Yep! . Was thrilled when I read it . It'll keep Rugby League in the forefront of peoples minds which should be good.

That, and, more Rugby League is always a bonus.

Nuke

Staff member
There was also a full page article in this week's Rugby League Week magazine (page 50) about the WA Reds 2013 bid. As soon as I got the magazine, I went through the whole thing trying to find something on how well last weekend's game in Perth went. The further I went into the magazine, the more I was feeling that there wasn't going to be anything. Then I saw it! The big, bold title is 'Push For Perth', and it goes into the WA Reds push to be included in the NRL for 2013.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great news, I was hoping Sth's would bring their Gosford game here as well and play two games a year. One game isn't going to be enough to really build momentum.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
There was also a full page article in this week's Rugby League Week magazine (page 50) about the WA Reds 2013 bid. As soon as I got the magazine, I went through the whole thing trying to find something on how well last weekend's game in Perth went. The further I went into the magazine, the more I was feeling that there wasn't going to be anything. Then I saw it! The big, bold title is 'Push For Perth', and it goes into the WA Reds push to be included in the NRL for 2013.

Out of curiosity - when was the NRL Footy Show on last week?

I was eager to watch it (to see if Perth was mentioned); though the TV guide didn't have it , and we waited on Channel Nine (in hope it'd come on) and didn't get a chance to see it.

black and gold

Juniors
You honestly need to grow up, 'Black & Gold'. You behave like a troubled juvenile starved for attention.

Fortunately, your sweeping statements regarding what you believe people 'think' has only demonstrated how little you actually know about mine, or anyone's involvement in the Rugby League fraternity.

I recommend you don't speak on behalf of others - especially when you're clutching at straws. If you cannot address the purpose of the thread without attempting to abuse others (or target their credibility (which only damages your own)); what are you doing here?
well, why dont you answer the question

black and gold

Juniors

Swamp
thanks for proving my point mate. 2 out of 15000 aint many ah bro