What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL boss David Gallop offers $250,000 incentive to Dragons to move semi final to SFS

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
I have one opinion on this... dont move it. Why work so hard all year and not play at Kogarah, especially after all the time it took trying to decide between the two grounds.

I also believe that Rothfield is turning the NRL and the 15 other types of supporters against us. The telegraph say that the ground capacity at Jubilee is 18 000, but we have had in excess of 20k there, and they expect over 20 for tonight. Manly didnt move last year. WHY SHOULD WE?

dragons75

Juniors
What a load of crap. Maybe the idiots at the telegraph are realising there bullsh*t over the last few weeks has done no harm so now the agenda is to take away our EARNED advantage of home final . Mr gallop you run the game not channell 9 not phil f**kface and the daily astonisher. let us play at our HOME GROUND After all it is the fans game

j0nesy

Bench
Maybe if they offered us the entire mil, a 10 point start a written apology from rothfield and a salary cap exemption for next season. OR MAYBE NOT!!!

TheRev

First Grade
If were playing Penrith, it wont be quite the drawcard of Parramatta.. the Ch9 commentators were carrying on like we wont have a choice in the SFS in Week 1, but frankly tonight showed how valuable a home ground advantage can be, and thats not something im keen to give up, even if it would be good practice playing in front of a big crowd.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
We are f**king stupid if we move it, plus we just won a hundred grand. We need a win far more than the money and our fans deserve a home semi like all other top 4 sides!

grandorient

Bench
Won't happen, just Gallop making himself look right and proper in the grand scheme of things.

Relax.

GO

big pat

Coach
only if they burn rothfield on a huge bonfire as part of the half time entertainment.

STG-MACCA

Bench
I say leave it at Kogarah but the only way they could tempt me to favour a switch is if they release the entire side seating to St.George for them to sell to their members first. Give our members a crack at 4 tickets per member or something (could be 40K there) and then the remainder go back into the ticketek pool for general sale.

The end bays could be released to the public in the first instance.

Plus we need to benefit from gate takings since we would lose out on revenue from food and bev sales.

18to87

First Grade
I say leave it at Kogarah but the only way they could tempt me to favour a switch is if they release the entire side seating to St.George for them to sell to their members first. Give our members a crack at 4 tickets per member or something (could be 40K there) and then the remainder go back into the ticketek pool for general sale.

The end bays could be released to the public in the first instance.

Plus we need to benefit from gate takings since we would lose out on revenue from food and bev sales.

Not a bad idea, give Gallop a call. Would anyone really object to playing at the SFS if it was over 80% Dragons fans.

TheRev

First Grade
The advantage of playing SFS in Week 1 is some practice playing finals footy in front of a big crowd, but id rather just get a win first up (which is more likely at Kogarah) and have a week off.

The first time we will taste sudden death football is Week 2 or 3.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Comments made in The Australian newspaper yesterday...
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26027753-5012431,00.html

PETER DOUST:

"It's unbelievable anybody would try to promote change of a policy that has been in place for some time now," Doust said.

"It's been a pillar of NRL policy for some years now that clubs strive for a top-four finish in order to reward their sponsors and members for their support all the year.

"To turn around now and say it's not good enough or it's not appropriate seems to me to be policy on the run managed by people who don't perceive some of the qualities and loyalties we have to the people who support our clubs.

"Who is driving the agenda here? Who is managing the game?"

"What happened when we played Manly last year at Brookvale? There was no talk about moving that," Doust said. "What are they going to do when the Titans insist on playing the Broncos if they get to play them in a home semi at Skilled Park, when there's a 50,000-plus seat venue up the road that would be full for sure?
"What was the criticism of Parramatta selling out and shutting out passes at Parramatta Stadium last week against Penrith?
"Are the Dragons the focus, or are all these policies decisions on the run?"

BRONCOS CEO:

"One of the prizes of making the top four is to host a home semi-final, and as a club I'd find that extremely difficult to relinquish," Cullen said.

"There may be financial incentives for the club, but as CEO of a club I would take the advice of the coaching staff rather than look at it from a monetary perspective."

MELBOURNE CEO:

"They're not being forced to change -- it's their choice," Waldron said

"We're in a totally different situation -- we're Melbourne and they're Sydney."

My favourite is this one from the PARRAMATTA CEO:

Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne said his club would consider the offer, but would more than likely remain at Parramatta Stadium.
"We'd probably stay at home because I wouldn't want to give away our home advantage," Osborne said.

So there you have it, the Eels wouldn't do it either.

Where's the sense of moral outrage now Cumberland?

AJ_82

Juniors
He is still crying from Friday night Willow and can't see your post! :crazy::sarcasm::lol:

Tell 'em to get stuffed.

dragondad

First Grade
There had better be a decision pretty soon, or at least an announcement confirming Kogarah, because I need to organise my morning. I'm a member of the SFS so won't need to buy tickets for that venue but I'm very much against moving the match. As I said yesterday, Mr Gallop, leave us alone!!!