What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Digital Network Launched - NRL.com

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
And fans will now use a single login across the network, a change the will drive the development of individually tailored advertising products.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...e/news-story/2f0d17a811c04d021809843ef537b7d6

I think this is the biggest opportunity in all of this...

The personal ids will allow the NRL to follow user activity and tailor offers to them. Mostly they should be thinking about advertising cheap tickets. Make that a common thing, and it will probably boost traffic too.

And it will probably see the end of fans bitching about paying full price then the clubs offering big discounts later. If the offers are personalised and not displayed publicly, what will people have to complain about.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Only problem ive had is that they videos wont load

First day, months away from the seasons KO. Ithink ill reserve judgement for now.

Great to see them bringing this stuff in-house. The other thing they should be looking at to bring in-house merch and jerseys. im actually surprised they havent tried before

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Was just looking at the club profiles and they list the Titans as being founded in 1999. Come on. The brand wasn't even launched until mid 2005. And that makes many of the founding dates of other clubs just pure bullshit. They should just go with a standard year of when they entered the competition.

I actually dont mind that. They are saying the club was founded that year and was promoted to the NRL in 2007.

I mean, if the Brothers are chosen as the Brisbane2 expansion team, you cant expect them to say "founded in 2019" or some rubbish like that.

I wouldnt mind seeing that with all the clubs (starting their "history" from when the club was formed, not just when it was promoted to the top grade), but i wish theyed write a little bio just to give the date some context.

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
Only problem ive had is that they videos wont load

First day, months away from the seasons KO. Ithink ill reserve judgement for now.

Great to see them bringing this stuff in-house. The other thing they should be looking at to bring in-house merch and jerseys. im actually surprised they havent tried before
try turning off adblocker if you have one.

GongPanther

Referee
Before using the app,or using it on computer,clear your cache with Ccleaner and ATF cleaner if you don't want to be snooped on where you've been if you are privacy conscious.

It's a shame with the Google app that you can't view the games live wherever Foxtel are broadcasting.Which in essence means that you still have to have pay tv if your broadband carrier isn't Telstra. I stalled my Penrith membership in waiting to see if we would be able to watch the NRL games without Foxtel. Unfortunately,this isn't going to happen for another 5 long years. Unless someone posts the game later on another medium.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Slowly warming to the website now. There is a lot of news article content they're uploading. The layout is clean which is good.

Interested to see how the full match replay stuff will work

GongPanther

Referee
Slowly warming to the website now. There is a lot of news article content they're uploading. The layout is clean which is good.

Interested to see how the full match replay stuff will work
Reason why its better because javascript is not in use.The NRL webring and it's affiliates,and you can include the Australian cricket website, were absolute bloatware.

Even so,you still need adware and noscript for your peace of mind privacy. Also be aware of websites using your psu to mine bitcoins. In your addons,you can search for an app that blocks this kind of software.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Reason why its better because javascript is not in use.The NRL webring and it's affiliates,and you can include the Australian cricket website, were absolute bloatware.

Even so,you still need adware and noscript for your peace of mind privacy. Also be aware of websites using your psu to mine bitcoins. In your addons,you can search for an app that blocks this kind of software.
just turn up the brightness and contrast

no name

Coach

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I have to say, the article are really well done...

I had doubts over an NRL-run news site being successful; when it is all positive and not controversial, can it keep people interested?

But it really seems to have taken on the spirit of RLW and Big League (which were nothing short of propaganda) and it is doing quite well.

I hope it is successful enough to at least sustain itself financially. It might not directly give the game much income, but having some control over the games media will be great in other ways,,,,