What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL dreamteam

watatank

Coach
I think Baptiste is a wasted selection here, especially as half. Mitch Cornish is a smarter pick IMO

mxlegend99

Referee
I think Baptiste is a wasted selection here, especially as half. Mitch Cornish is a smarter pick IMO
If both play for the Raiders from round 1, both will go up in value pretty quickly and can be traded against better players.

I picked my squad and had about a million left over by playing it conservative and trying to fit in guys I saw as cash cows. I then went crazy upgrading positions until i only had about $170k left, and then looked at which position could be upgraded most effectively with that money. With head to head rounds starting after 4/5 weeks. I am hoping I can make it through that period without having to make any trades in the first 3 rounds, and then having a few players who have bumped up in value to get my team in a better position for rounds 4 and 5.

I'll tweak it once we see who is picked Round 1. I'm sure some of the guys I think might get picked won't, while another new name who could be great to hold onto for 3/4 weeks will be picked. Last year the first team I picked, and the team I had for Round 1 would have been lucky to have had 10 of the same players.

Ausguy

Coach
Good comment.

Posting sides now doesn't do much but give others players to look at. I say if you have done your research don't tell anyone.

That's what I hate about the DT twitter accounts and Loney/Tom Sangster, they give away all the cash cows or give tips to people who don't put the hard yards in.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Good comment.

Posting sides now doesn't do much but give others players to look at. I say if you have done your research don't tell anyone.

That's what I hate about the DT twitter accounts and Loney/Tom Sangster, they give away all the cash cows or give tips to people who don't put the hard yards in.
scott moore should be in everyones team ;-)

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Hey guys,

I've never played DT before, is it much different to SC?
scoring system is different. Main difference is the attacing stats, points are given by their total metres gain/10 instead of getting 2 points for belted and driving back 10m

Also kicking metres points are given as well which makes a difference in the playmakers

abpanther

Staff member
Thanks man

Do you have to join leagues or does everyone just compete for highest score?

watatank

Coach
Already have to change my teams with Keary and Coote out long term and will now have to take a different approach. Might have to make a few decisions to have all the players I want. Still a week of trials to go, might just wait until the teams are named for Round 1 :lol:

Bamboujikin

Juniors
Less than a week out from Team Lists but sides still don't look settled.

My biggest issue with DT this year is the salary cap, and how harsh they are on Errors and Missed Tackles. It takes a lot of halves out of the game as someone like Carney might set up 2 tries - but loose all those points from 5 MT.

Satsok

Juniors
Hi guys, we have three spots left in our comp..

Would like it if Sameagle joins again, our league code is 4i2d2Rhv

Please only join if you're serious or semi serious and not going to bail on the comp and give people free wins after week 5.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
Have changed my team about 30 times today, valuable way to spend a sickie lol.

Currently torn between:

Bird, Taumololo, Hoffman and Glenn for my last backrow bench spot.

Holdsworth, Dobson, and Witt for my last cash cow spot in the halves.

Hampton or Tedesco to join Hayne and Milford as my back 3.

Keen to join a serious league if there's any spots left. Finished first in the ACT during the finals last year and in the top 20 (from memory) after the regular season.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
anyone remember what the password requirements were? (capital, non capital, number), cant login and still haven't received an email with a link to reset my password when I click the forgot password option