What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Fantasy Coach 2024

Nutz

Bench
That's hilarious. I had a player that didn't make it onto the field and another that under performed so drastically I am dropping him first chance.

My captain hasn't played yet so pretty pumped.
Ha ha, I had Ezra Man as a chiepie half back and for most of the match he was -6. He ended up barely 6 at full time.
Early days brother, we could be sitting last by the end of the round :)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Ha ha, I had Ezra Man as a chiepie half back and for most of the match he was -6. He ended up barely 6 at full time.
Early days brother, we could be sitting last by the end of the round :)
I'm taking a screen saver shot of the ladder now so I can reference back next week and remember my glory days.

Nutz

Bench
I'm taking a screen saver shot of the ladder now so I can reference back next week and remember my glory days.
Your leading Ned, well done my man.
My two halfbacks are duds and I've fallen from grace. I've got 3 big guns left but I doubt I'll hit a 1000pts at rounds end.
I really don't think I'll be putting in any Wests Tigers' player come rd2. Bula was great when when he first started but costs a bit now.
Bateman is our best scorer, I think he's in the top three best but way too expensive.
WT need to start winning for any players to consistently score well.
That's the big issue, consistency.
Good fun hey.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Yeah Nutz, I'm really enjoying it. I have way more interest in all the games this year and I get pretty excited watching fantasy team scores.

I've got a dreadful feeling that this competition will be a welcome distraction from what the Tigers are doing.

It's amazing the difference it has made for my fantasy league teams to leave out Tigers players. I have Galvin in but I think he might remain the only one for the season.

I've got 4 players to go so I can't see me hitting 1000 points either.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I still have 9 to go with Cleary as captain.

So is 1000 points a par score? a long way to go for me
Cleary is my captain too and his halves partner is a future Tiger. I wonder if you can guess who.

My goal for this comp is the same for the Tigers. To not finish last.

Iamback

Coach
Sucks you need to wait until after Round 1 to see the opponents team.

I have 151 but only have had 4 guys play. The opposition is 272 but likely used more

I have some big scoring guys in Tino, Yeo and Hopgood to come.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
I still have 9 to go with Cleary as captain.

So is 1000 points a par score? a long way to go for me

No that is what they guess your team will get.

I added Cleary late to my team even, Him as captain makes sense but we have a difficult start to the year.

That was why he was 50/50 for me to even play him but of the 7's he will score the most across the season

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The guy coming first in the whole NRL Fantasy comp has 915 so far.

I'm on less than half that. I'd love to see his team.

Iamback

Coach
The guy coming first in the whole NRL Fantasy comp has 915 so far.

I'm on less than half that. I'd love to see his team.

No one player has scored heaps, He has probably had most of his 17 play.

I have only had

Morgan Smithies
Ben Trbojevic
Xavier Willson -
Jacob Host

So you will get that, across the round

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Even though I am 80 points in front of my opposition there are 102 players yet to make it on to the field and I have 2 of them so it's still anybody's game.

Yeah I have had just 4 players score over 50 plus my captain. I have 3 in the low 20's with Papenhuyzen being my lowest on 20. Thanks for the tip iamback. I was sucked in like a beauty.

Nutz

Bench
Cleary is my captain too and his halves partner is a future Tiger. I wonder if you can guess who.

My goal for this comp is the same for the Tigers. To not finish last.
Hang in their for a few years and get a 3peat :)

Your going good mate. The key is to not have too many players from 1 club. It looks like you've got the gist of it.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Hang in their for a few years and get a 3peat :)

Your going good mate. The key is to not have too many players from 1 club. It looks like you've got the gist of it.
Thanks.

It's the first time I have put any real thought into it and I'm loving it. Not just because I'm doing ok so far in our little comp but because it's so much fun.

Iamback

Coach
Thanks.

It's the first time I have put any real thought into it and I'm loving it. Not just because I'm doing ok so far in our little comp but because it's so much fun.

I gets you having an interest in terrible match ups

Nutz

Bench
Thanks.
A lot of luck was involved.
Hopefully the lads can get a few more wins over the season.
Well I started out alright and ended up the worst round1 in 3 seasons. Last year I scored 1050 in rd1. I have to get rid of a couple but unfortunately they aren't my bye players.... that's when it gets tricky.
I hate byes.

Nutz

Bench
How does it work?
Is it an even contest, like 3 Tiger Teams and 3 Panther teams?
There wasn't enough players so @Iamback opened it up for anyone and we got a couple others, a South's supporter I think.
To answer your question Ted, you came second with 758pts but leading the WT v Panthers I fink? Overall....
You won 1-0
Whatmyteam won 2-0
I lost to panthers kinghippos 2-1
So I think tigers may have won 2-1 but iamback my know if there's any other panthers.
The winner of the round was a South's fan SISIG with 769pts.

These I don't know.
Blue B&lls beat Iamgoingtotown who I think is a Panther.
LFCDolphins lost to you, hairy hamburgers lost What'smyteamagain

I'm waiting for a protest :)

If any of you guys are reading this say hello.
The panther's thread is the main one, everyone should go there and say hello too.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I have been pushing hard for Galvin to be in our first grade team singing his praises high and low.
OK I'll come clean with my conflict of interest. He is in my fantasy team and if he does play first grade from this weekend on it will boost my team no end.