What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2021

Blair

Coach
It's on, with no Warriors, again. Plus played in Queensland.

Friday: Storm v Sea Eagles.
Saturday: Roosters v Titans.
Saturday: Panthers v Rabbitohs.
Sunday: Eels v Knights.

Let's go.

Rooster v Titans will be interesting.
Did we just make Titans look that good and only home team in finals.
Storm v Manly will be close.
Panthers should take care of Bunnies.
Eels should sort out Knight.
but this is sport and anything could happen.

Though gold Coast would have a home game, but it's up to Townsville for them.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Hard to keep a lid on it for Friday night, should be a beauty

If the refs keeps a decent 10 and ruck speed we will have a shot, if they are allowed to kill the ruck all game we will struggle mightily to attack

Would really spice up the comp if Penrith and Melbourne ended up on the same side of the draw too

Blair

Coach
Is it Friday yet?

No, but this time tomorrow I'll be done with work for the week and will be very close to reaching into the fridge for my first beer.

I'll be nicely sozzled by kick-off. The mrs will watch it with me because she's from the NBs and is a fan of the 'Turbo guy'.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Is it Friday yet?

No, but this time tomorrow I'll be done with work for the week and will be very close to reaching into the fridge for my first beer.

I'll be nicely sozzled by kick-off. The mrs will watch it with me because she's from the NBs and is a fan of the 'Turbo guy'.
Fridays come around fast, and being nicely sozzled is more frequent these days

but hard not to be a fan of Tom T regardless of where you’re from

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Was a video going round last week of Parker having to jump into a pool fully clothed after an 11-0 table tennis loss to Tom

Croker out injured, welcome to the big time Karl Lawton, starting hooker needing 80mins

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Was a video going round last week of Parker having to jump into a pool fully clothed after an 11-0 table tennis loss to Tom

Croker out injured, welcome to the big time Karl Lawton, starting hooker needing 80mins
Big ask for Karl. Always rated him when he was with us but never struck me as an 80 minute hooker.

Blair

Coach
All the fans I met today, whose teams were in the finals, were ridiculous creatures. Defeatists, the lot of them!

For example this Rabbitohs guy. He pretty much wrote his side off and said he'd be 'hardly watching it'. What a joke.

I replied, 'firstly, try being a Warriors fan before you take these occasions for granted and, secondly, when Souths score two quick tries and take an 18-16 lead in the 65th minute then you'll bolt upright!

So much for 'hardly watching'.

Last edited:

Campion

Juniors
I think being ugly as a bag of spanners actually makes him more likeable too, instead of him being the SBW type where you look at him and just think “bastard got all the luck” you’re more like “good on him for being real good at footy”
You reckon he's ugly? I thought he was 'medium'. He's not a model, but he's no Corey Horsbrough either.

Blair

Coach
I think being ugly as a bag of spanners actually makes him more likeable too, instead of him being the SBW type where you look at him and just think “bastard got all the luck” you’re more like “good on him for being real good at footy”
Space, let me break it to you, the ladies (including my mrs) think he's a very long way from being ugly!

Anyhow, here I am, half-cut, exhausted from another week's work as a pandemic-slave in a supermarket and exactly where I don't want to be, overly sentimental about past Warriors finals!

I really did love those days though. Who didn't?

Blair

Coach
A disastrous start for Manly, had the run of play, a tackle break, nice off-load by Taupau, but it went to ground.

Who was there to scoop it up? Smith off course. Passed to Lumelume who bolted in.

6-0.

JJ

Immortal
I love watching Manly get destroyed, hate watching Melbourne win…. A conflicted goodnight here…

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Harper having a mare, that combined with only 1 side being refereed and it’s a pretty tough night

Great work Desmond, back under that radar

Harper again killed by Olam on Storms last try by Paps. Had them tripping over each other.
30-6.
Still plenty of time, but Manly pulling out a Warriors like performance.

Haha, what a try by Manly, Garrick kick from 20m restart and Lumelume loses it and Saab grabs it 8m out and scores.
Manly pulling out some interesting tries of late.
30-12 28mins left.