What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Gymnastics - Backflip Event.. T.Peachey (AUS)

roofromoz

First Grade
As big a misunderstanding as my son claiming it was an accident every time he is caught jumping on his bed.

As a Panthers fan, he should honour his contract and go.

davi

Juniors
Panthers have said they won't be able to fit Peachy under their salary cap even if he secured a release. There are just too much obstacles for Peachy and he would be better to accept he has a contract with the Gold Coast and honour it.

Also whether you like it or not atleast Daly Cherry Evans and Josh Papali did their backflips within the rules. Peachey is trying to break a contract and does not have a cooling of period like Cherry-Evans and Josh Papali. Slightly different.

mxlegend99

Referee
Penrith.

The new grub club
Except Panthers have nothing to do with it.

Peachey had a contract for 2019 with Panthers which we happily released him from as Titans had a better offer for him.

We just did the exact same thing for CHN going to the Bulldogs. Other than Moylan we have happily released players when they received a better offer elsewhere.

MilkShark

First Grade
NRL cannot allow him to backflip.

He either:

1. sits out the entire length of his contract
2. pays out his contract to Titans and stays at Gould Panthers
3. plays at Titans

I don't buy into his excuses for wanting to stay in Sydney. Suck it up mong, you're paid bloody huge amounts of money to miss your family.

Someguy

First Grade
NRL cannot allow him to backflip.

He either:

1. sits out the entire length of his contract
2. pays out his contract to Titans and stays at Gould Panthers
3. plays at Titans

I don't buy into his excuses for wanting to stay in Sydney. Suck it up mong, you're paid bloody huge amounts of money to miss your family.

Why not let him play at panthers but they pay him the same amount he is due at titans + a cap penalty of what would be considered his market value

MilkShark

First Grade
Why not let him play at panthers but they pay him the same amount he is due at titans + a cap penalty of what would be considered his market value
?

Because the Titans are screwed over now. They at the drop of a hat have to find someone to replace him, how is that fair to them?

NRL needs to set an example here

Quicksilver

Bench
It has very little to do with the NRL at this stage.

The Titans have the power.

Either they make him come, release him or use it as leverage against the Panthers (if they are behind it) to do a deal and get someone else (or money) they can use.

It should be negotiated by the parties concerned. The only time the NRL should be involved is if there’s a breach of a contract and another club attempts to sign him. No doubt the NRL would block that unless a deal is made.

James Hooper reckons its just a ploy by Peachey and his Manager to get more money out of the Gold Coast. Apparently Peachy has a clause in his Titans contract giving him bonuses if he makes rep teams in 2020-2021, but he wans to be paid those bonuses in 2019 for making the 2018 Origin team.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well it's obviously not the Panthers who are behind it.

He was contracted to us for 2019. We gave him (along with 5 or 6 other players) permission to talk to other clubs. He came back requesting an early release saying Titans had offered him a huge contract starting in 2019. We happily granted him the release.

Corey Harawira-Naera came in requesting a release for 2019 saying the Bulldogs had offered him a nice big contract for 2019 and we happily released him despite the fact he shouldn't have been discussing contracts with other clubs before November 1st.

I know everyone here hates Phil Gould and by association the Panthers. But Phil Gould is very generous to players when they request a release. Especially any player who has a better career opportunity elsewhere. We could easily have stacked our reserves forcing guys to stay.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Hang on.

How are the bulldogs able to offer anyone a contract?

I thought these pricks were struggling with their cap

age.s

First Grade
James Hooper reckons its just a ploy by Peachey and his Manager to get more money out of the Gold Coast. Apparently Peachy has a clause in his Titans contract giving him bonuses if he makes rep teams in 2020-2021, but he wans to be paid those bonuses in 2019 for making the 2018 Origin team.

If this is true they should pick a better time then 2 days out from a massive finals game to be selfish dickbags.

mxlegend99

Referee
PANTHERS general manager Phil Gould has lifted the lid on Gold Coast’s recent bid to swap incoming star Tyrone Peachey with Penrith five-eighth James Maloney in 2019.

Speaking on his podcast Six Tackles with Gus, Gould gave incredible insight into a behind-the-scenes conversation in which the Titans attempted to lure Maloney north, allowing the Panthers to keep rising star Tyrone Peachey.

“The Gold Coast said, ‘We’re prepared to do a little bit of a trade. We wouldn’t mind having James Maloney at the Gold Coast, you can keep Tyrone Peachey and we’ll take James Maloney because we’d like a player of his experience’,” Gould said.

“I said, ‘James Maloney’s not for sale’. That wasn’t going to happen. It’s within their rights to make the inquiry. But Tyrone will honour his deal at the Titans.”

Maloney is in the first year of a three-year-deal with the Panthers, while Peachey has muddied the waters after hinting to a potential backflip on his deal with the Gold Coast that will start in 2019.

Peachey has signed a three-year-contract, but on Wednesday admitted to having doubts about whether he would leave the Panthers, before retracting his comments a short time later.

Although Gould said the 27-year-old representative utility would honour his contract, he said he told Maloney’s manager of the approach after knocking back the Titans’ inquiry.

“I spoke to (Maloney’s) manager just to let him know the inquiry’s come in,” Gould said.

“I refused it but I rang his manager and said, ‘Gold Coast Titans have made an inquiry about James Maloney, I’ve said no, I’m just letting you know they’ve shown some interest.’

James has brought so many great things to our club. We’ve signed him for three years for a reason, and he’s only in the first year of that contract. I can understand the Gold Coast Titans too because they’re a young club on the rise, they’re within their rights to chase the player they think can help their club as well.

“I think other clubs know we’re going to run into salary cap issues over the next couple of years so that’s why they make approaches to Corey Harawira-Naera and those sorts of players. We’d like that to be in our control but by the same token we’re mindful that if our players are worth more money and other clubs are wiling to pay it and we can’t, we’ll look at that with a compassionate view.”
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/9b33bf8bac3d0d381cb8642e80303379

Well it's obviously not the Panthers who are behind it.

He was contracted to us for 2019. We gave him (along with 5 or 6 other players) permission to talk to other clubs. He came back requesting an early release saying Titans had offered him a huge contract starting in 2019. We happily granted him the release.

Corey Harawira-Naera came in requesting a release for 2019 saying the Bulldogs had offered him a nice big contract for 2019 and we happily released him despite the fact he shouldn't have been discussing contracts with other clubs before November 1st.

I know everyone here hates Phil Gould and by association the Panthers. But Phil Gould is very generous to players when they request a release. Especially any player who has a better career opportunity elsewhere. We could easily have stacked our reserves forcing guys to stay.

Sounds like Gus wants to keep him now that he's an Origin player.