What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL launches touch football premiership

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I met the Touch footy president during a footy trip away. We got chatting and he told me z touch football approach the ARL in 1996 to affiliate and the ARL knocked them back!

I just got off the phone to Ken Aurthurson and he denies this so I phoned John Quayle and he told me to ring the editor of a London newspaper to uncover the full story. I'll give him a ring in a second.

Stallion

First Grade
Was he private school educated or public?

Public. I could tell. He spoke with an Aussie accent and had a lively sense of humour . Was genuine as well. Mind Ive a few private school blokes and they are decent enough fathom the unfair tactics suffered by rugby league through union's influence so not all are ignoring or bigots .Unlike many private school dudes I've met.

Stallion

First Grade
I just got off the phone to Ken Aurthurson and he denies this so I phoned John Quayle and he told me to ring the editor of a London newspaper to uncover the full story. I'll give him a ring in a second.

Sadly I'm being taken the piss of but I am true to my word and experience .

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Lol. So you have been asserting this grounds demise without official notification! Amazingly negative!

Not really. My only point about Brooky, is that if Allianz has been deemed to be an OH&S death trap, then how long until Brooky is deemed unusable? It is a fairly logical conclusion to arrive at.

Stallion

First Grade
Not really. My only point about Brooky, is that if Allianz has been deemed to be an OH&S death trap, then how long until Brooky is deemed unusable? It is a fairly logical conclusion to arrive at.

On the contrary two very different grounds. Brooky has two decent hills which are popular for families and fans like myself. Don't think that follows suit from something like the SFS.

Perth Red

Post Whore
On the contrary two very different grounds. Brooky has two decent hills which are popular for families and fans like myself. Don't think that follows suit from something like the SFS.

By popular you mean like a 12k crowd avg popular? Yep they are quite literally flocking to those hills lol.

Stallion

First Grade
By popular you mean like a 12k crowd avg popular? Yep they are quite literally flocking to those hills lol.

You don't need to interject .You're a Pom! Most pommies want the seating everywhere unlike most Aussies whom like the more casual setting of a hill. Their's a big difference in what Aussies like compared to Pommies.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
You don't need to interject .You're a Pom! Most pommies wanthe searing everywhere unlike most Aussies whom like the more casual setting of a hill. Their's a big difference in what Aussies like compared to Pommies.

Translation? Your English really does need some work.

If you knew anything about RL you'd know most "poms" prefer standing on the terraces to seats to watch RL lol

And given the grounds with the lowest crowd avg's are also the ones with the most grass hills I'd suggest the evidence makes your statement foolish.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

The Eagles attendances don't seem to suggest that they are popular. Besides, even if they were packing the joint out at every game - what has popularity got to do with the condition of the stands when Government officials step in and decide that the ground is no longer fit to host matches because of it's condition?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Eagles attendances don't seem to suggest that they are popular. Besides, even if they were packing the joint out at every game - what has popularity got to do with the condition of the stands when Government officials step in and decide that the ground is no longer fit to host matches because of it's condition?
They aren't, last year, lowest drawing crowd grounds (4 games or more):

Campbelltown
Brookvale
Kogarah

What do they have in common?

Stallion

First Grade
Translation? Your English really does need some work.

If you knew anything about RL you'd know most "poms" prefer standing on the terraces to seats to watch RL lol

And given the grounds with the lowest crowd avg's are also the ones with the most grass hills I'd suggest the evidence makes your statement foolish.

I've amended it . Took note straight away. Haven't read any more of your rant after "Translation " Sorry for the typos.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade

Like I've stated before hyperbole is just that. No official condemnation is evident so its fine. I enjoy it and so do plenty of others. I like hills and you don't? We differ . Live and let live. Brooky is good!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
They aren't, last year, lowest drawing crowd grounds (4 games or more):

Campbelltown
Brookvale
Kogarah

What do they have in common?

They are suburban grounds in need of repair that the NSW Government have turned their back on, instead deciding to focus on ANZ, Allianz, Parra in terms of rectangular stadia in the future. It is great to get the rose coloured glasses on about old suburban grounds like @Stallion goes on about but the fact is that Parra and Allianz will be two of the best stadia in the country when they are built and ANZ should have a lower bowl at least that provides a very enjoyable experience for regular NRL matches and will provide people with a much better experience than the older grounds that are lacking in facilities.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Like I've stated before hyperbole is just that. No official condemnation is evident so its fine. I enjoy it and so do plenty of others. I like hills and you don't? We differ . Live and let live. Brooky is good!

Dodging the question? What happens when it is condemned? And it will be - because neither the NSW Govt nor the local council want to spend money on it.

siv

First Grade

SAw kids kicking a football and the members security wanted to kick them.out