What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 1 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

13-12. I hate to say it but the Broncos might be the real deal this year.

Plus how will all those egos - on the field and in the stands - at Penrith handle losing this year? They've had it so bloody good.
Missing Api and Kikau. I'm sure they will come good.
Broncos have to hold themselves together for another 26 rounds.

Reactions: JJ

Blair

Coach
Six-a-piece at Brookie.

Manly should be leading but couldn't take advantage of their momentum. The homeside look tired.

Blair

Coach
Burton's kicking momentum back to Manly! His second kick out on the full.

13 on 12, with a Dog in the bin.

Frenetic finish to the half! The Fox makes a meal of it, Manly score. Will the Bunker ruin that miracle try?

Bugger, no try. 12-6, Manly at halftime.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
The Fox is having a shocker, Kikau terrible pass to a debutante, spills it, Cherry-Evans kicks through, the Fox was hopeless in the chase.

18-6.

Ciraldo is coaching a rabble! They're handing Manly the game.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The Dogs were pathetic, we were conservative and did what we needed too, won’t take much out of it though

Kikau will be the dud signing of the year, wasn’t interested today, only 2 runs in the first half

Blair

Coach
Thriller in Townsville. 19-18, Cows. Four mins to go.

C'mon Raiders.

Edit, Canberra blow field-goal position, "Wighton spills it". Does he think he's still celebrating his 30th?

Edit, Cowboys hold out, 19-18 win. But they were 18-nil up so Payten won't be happy, as coaches are.

Last edited:
Burton's kicking momentum back to Manly! His second kick out on the full.

13 on 12, with a Dog in the bin.

Frenetic finish to the half! The Fox makes a meal of it, Manly score. Will the Bunker ruin that miracle try?

Bugger, no try. 12-6, Manly at halftime.
Sin bin seemed a bit harsh but Turbo sold it.
But side point how good where the Manly haircuts, numbet 4s or less!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Was a really rough binning, but Dogs were playing that bad regardless I don’t think it changes anything

The haircuts were for Bear Cottage which I think is something to do with kids that are doing it tough, shame not every player got involved in it for a top cause

Need to get the 18th team up and running, shit to get the season underway today then not have a game next week

Sharks v South’s has been a great contest, and a step above some of the other games so far, I’m buggered though so will have to tap out and head for bed

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah this Dolphins side won’t get the spoon if injuries don’t get them and expose their depth.
they’ll win this, Butcher in the bin for 10 of the past 17 min now

Yeah this Dolphins side won’t get the spoon if injuries don’t get them and expose their depth.
they’ll win this, Butcher in the bin for 10 of the past 17 min now
Will be interesting if they stick with 3rd man in tackle below knee is a bin all season.
Roosters slow starters again.
Dolphins halves makes ours look 2nd grade, Kafosi made some big plays.
10 point win, Wayne magic.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
People seem to forget Sheens got sacked 10 years ago because his coaching went south rapidly, purchasing Api K and barely playing him today suggests not much has changed

Blair

Coach
People seem to forget Sheens got sacked 10 years ago because his coaching went south rapidly, purchasing Api K and barely playing him today suggests not much has changed
There was such a buzz around Leichhardt in the pre-season before the trials losses. Now this, rolled by the Titans at home in week one.

I fear for the future of the Tigers, as others do.

Latest posts