What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 12 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Parramatta, what an ordinary club.

They're sort of back in it though, 30-22, Souths. Nine mins to go, but I've got no confidence in this Eels outfit.

Edit: true to character, the Eels didn't have a comeback win in them.

42-26, Souths. Final.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Amazing scenes on the Central Coast after the Mariners won the A-League GF. I love an old school pitch invasion to celebrate. That's how it was back in the day before everything got so rigid.

Just on the Central Coast (Gosford, Woy Woy, Terrigal, etc, just north of Sydney for anyone who doesn't know) it's wanted an NRL side for years and soccer has shown what can happen when league leaves a void.

The Central Coast Bears is/was the dream. It just doesn't seem to be happening. I can't remember whether the Northern Eagles also included the Central Coast?

Edit: Now Manchester United have stunned Manchester City to win the FA Cup. Beautiful. Just like the good old days!

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Go the Titans, some Dessie magic brewing…
I'm scouring all my inventory for Titans gear.

My window has largely closed for Tigers gear! That's always three weeks of pre-season, and three weeks into the season itself. Although, there's always a moment or two later. The key is to get the gear up for sale on the night of an unexpected win.

Blair

Coach
It was another great round of footy.

Rd 12 Ladder:

1716762233420.png

This show's how dismal our four-straight losses was. But four-straight wins now (including the bye) could have us in the top-four.

Just getting in the eight and staying there would be a relief though. The Eels, Tigers and Rabbitohs - three important Sydney clubs - are the stragglers right now. The NRL will be worried. It reminds me of the late-90s and we know what happened then.

Blair

Coach
The 'two points for the bye' gets a bit of grief as to why? But my theory is this:

If every round is cancelled and each team is awarded two points for games not played then the team that had the bye is unfairly punished. In a tight competition it could mean missing finals or losing a spot on the finals ladder, or the spoon, or the minor-premiership. By allocating two points for a bye regardless it avoids this scenario.

The whole round could be cancelled because of a terrorist attack, weather event, etc. It's highly unlikely, of course.