What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 13 2020 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
There's been a lot of injuries this year, perhaps more than previous years, and that would have to have something to do with the difficult season in regard to Covid-19.

Depth wins premierships. A truism if there ever was one!

Tonight might be the Dragons last breath of real fire for 2020. They're actually not that far off the better sides, but its seems obvious that Ben Hunt is a bit of a misfit there.

Manly have had it all over the Warriors in the last ten years or so. Expect that to continue tomorrow at Brookie.

Rabbs v Broncs, coach v coach! There's a good story there. I'd love an upset but what really is an upset there? The Rabbitohs aren't playing all that well.

Storm v Bulldogs. Now, that's where we really want an upset.

Knights v Tigers, gee, Wests have a nightmare run home, and haven't played finals footy since the Warriors shocked them in the second-half of that SFS classic in 2011. Dropping two points to the Warriors this year might be what keeps them out of the play-offs again.

Panthers v Raiders. Match of the round.

Titans v Cows. Qld isn't the powerhouse of NRL footy this year, that's for sure.

Sharks v Eels. Match of the round. Uh oh, I've already said that. However, this game deserves top Sunday billing. SJ is bringing it all home now. Watch him go this week, if you're still skeptical.

Enjoy, and I hope you've got the weekend off, like I do!

Blair

Coach
Blake The Rat.

Well that didn't take long, Green's in the Newcastle side.

Also, 'future Warriors coach', Wayne Bennett, has had to self-isolate for 14 days. He broke NRL rules by eating at a Sydney restaurant.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Ominously, Melbourne are now seven from the last seven and top of the ladder.

41-10 over the Bulldogs. They're having a good time based up there on the Sunshine Coast.

Blair

Coach
Blake's Knights are destroying the Tigers.

34-4, 30 mins left.

Tigers look gone for 2020.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Is young Cleary the best halfback that has come through since Joey ?

Think we may have our top 8 now, Tigers look shot again and by the time we are resembling anything healthy might be too far away

JJ

Immortal
Dunno re Cleary but he’s playing brilliantly atm huge step up

Crichton is a talent, Kikau awesome, Yeo a stud, Martin underrated etc etc... hope they’re not peaking early though

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Dunno re Cleary but he’s playing brilliantly atm huge step up

Crichton is a talent, Kikau awesome, Yeo a stud, Martin underrated etc etc... hope they’re not peaking early though

Their depth is incredible. No matter what the old drunk idiot on 360 says, Gould put in place this system in Penrith that sees the young guy rolling off the production line. Must be very exciting as a Warriors fan to imagine what he may bring to the club in the future

With Cleary I look at his age and imagine the improvement, Cronk was developed at an older age and Thurston wasn’t established til a bit further into his career as well

soc123_au

Staff member
Their depth is incredible. No matter what the old drunk idiot on 360 says, Gould put in place this system in Penrith that sees the young guy rolling off the production line. Must be very exciting as a Warriors fan to imagine what he may bring to the club in the future

With Cleary I look at his age and imagine the improvement, Cronk was developed at an older age and Thurston wasn’t established til a bit further into his career as well

Gould made some mistakes in his last few years with us, but the foundations he put in place were fantastic & as long as we dont f**k it up should see us competitive at worst for a long time.

There is a lot of similarities between Penrith & Warriors. Huge nursery & years of under achievement. I'm not sure of the Warriors financial situation, but if it's doable I'd be giving him whatever he needs to develop the pathways to the Warriors squad for young kiwi kids. And let him put the systems in place like we have with the academy. It's about time the Warriors made use of the untapped potential. He could be the best signing in Warriors history.

Blair

Coach
Gould made some mistakes in his last few years with us, but the foundations he put in place were fantastic & as long as we dont f**k it up should see us competitive at worst for a long time.

There is a lot of similarities between Penrith & Warriors. Huge nursery & years of under achievement. I'm not sure of the Warriors financial situation, but if it's doable I'd be giving him whatever he needs to develop the pathways to the Warriors squad for young kiwi kids. And let him put the systems in place like we have with the academy. It's about time the Warriors made use of the untapped potential. He could be the best signing in Warriors history.

Gould's sense of self-importance worries me. He won't be stalking the corridors at Penrose, will he? Also, his heart and soul were at the Panthers, so he threw himself into that job with gusto.

soc123_au

Staff member
Gould's sense of self-importance worries me. He won't be stalking the corridors at Penrose, will he? Also, his heart and soul were at the Panthers, so he threw himself into that job with gusto.
Gus's heart & soul is Rugby League. He strikes me as a man that will give his all in whatever job he takes. He might overstep for sure, but it will be well intended. I think the positives will outweigh the negatives. Commentary aside he has done pretty well at every role he has taken across a few clubs.

Blair

Coach
That was Dessie's 400th game as head coach, and 285th with the Sea Eagles.

He'll want to forget that one, or, he'll use it as motivation, making sure it doesn't happen again!

Also, in regard to Hetherington, does he go to the judiciary as a Panther or Warrior? That might be a 1-2 week difference in penalty!

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Really disappointing from the Tigers last night, I thought they had turned a corner under madge.

Maybe the bakes wore thin?

Blair

Coach
SJ on fire in atrociously wet conditions at Kogarah.

12-all, midway through 2nd-Half.

It's comedy gold watching them play in a lake! How fitting that it's Sharks and Eels playing in the water.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
That should be the 8, but only 2 pts in it so changes possible

yet again top 5 or 6 is really the cut off for being a good team