What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 2 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Only 5 unbeaten teams and 6 Owen’s at the bottom, looks like a tight comp again
That top-four has a refreshing look about it, Raiders, Cowboys, Sharks, Sea Eagles. It's a shame it won't be quite like that at the pointy end but, yeah, early signs are good,

Plus, from a Warriors point of view, sure I wanted to win those opening games but we didn't, so I'll get all philosophical on you all.

Maybe it's better we didn't race out and go top, only to, inevitably, start dropping? All that hype would somewhat deflate. It's preferable to slowly climb, and steadily build that hype.

But, we do need to start winning, of course.

Blair

Coach
The Raiders are top. What I'll notice on Friday is the number of original Canberra fans at our game. What I mean is, they're Kiwis who supported the Green Machine pre-95, and still do!

For me personally '95 was a nice time to switch from the 1994 premiership-winning Raiders to the new Auckland franchise. It seemed natural, Canberra had peaked with three titles (they haven't won another) and Auckland was my home club.

However, scan the crowd on Friday night, and you'll see a few blokes who still think Mal Meninga is running around. Bless 'em, though. It's loyalty.