What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 13 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Round thirteen, unlucky Origin round! My ex-Deep Parra Mole has told me he's 'glad to be out of the basketcase of a club' and it's not 'why it was done' but 'how it was done' that's made him mad. He has a point.

It was the first time I've ever seen him without an Eels shirt or jacket and he said 'of course' when I asked him about wanting 'all the goss' from the many years he had connected with Parramatta and, therefore, I look forward to our next talk.

Tonight, it's the new era Eels hosting Cronulla. Don't write them off just yet. There's often a 'new coach bounce' when these things are done during the season and Cronulla were hammered last week. However, the Sharks might be angry bastards - à la Penrith last week - and show us how to get a season quickly back on track. What sort of crowd will rock up? That stadium needs to pay for itself. Expect some sweet home-ground calls.

Friday, Newcastle and Canterbury are in a classic mid-table rumble, with the weather expected to turn wet again, favouring the aforementiond slug-fest.

Saturday, a nice double. An Origin-affected Panthers should still do the disappointing Dragons and Wayne v Sticky - Redcliffe v Raiders - is always an old school stoush.

We close with a fired up Tedesco odds-on for a blinder against the nearly eight losses in a row Cowboys. I bet the latter watched the Blues selection hoping for a Teddy reprieve! Not to be.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Izz

Bench
Sharks aren't the same team without Hynes imo (which i guess is a pretty obvious thing to say lol)

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The Celtics look the goods this year. Have you been following the play-offs?
Yep have been watching plenty of them. Celtics haven’t convinced me so far but are where the need to be. Celtics v Kyrie in the finals would be interesting

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Gutho got through more work in less than 60 minutes of last nights game than Latrell does in a month. That’s what you need from a fullback

So, what photos do the Knights have of the guys in the bunker? I've never seen a team get so many calls go their way. Dolphins try taken off them, no penalty try or professional foul for us, Gold Coast try denied, now Dogs player competing for the ball sin bin. :)

Blair

Coach
I was right, it's a soggy slugfest in Newcastle. 10-2, Bulldogs. Halftime.

Curran with a loose carry on Newcastle's line, with plenty of tackles left, to end the half. His coach wouldn't be happy with that. It started a melee too! Choice.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Buzz bagged Gus Gould all off season and continued on with it the first month of the season. The old drunk is pretty quiet on them now, Gus is doing a sensational job turning this club around

Blair

Coach
Buzz bagged Gus Gould all off season and continued on with it the first month of the season. The old drunk is pretty quiet on them now, Gus is doing a sensational job turning this club around.
I notice the Dogs are doing the breathing circle. That might've been from Gus days at the Warriors.

32-2, Dogs. Final. Tonight they were helped along by the abysmal Newy attack. They don't seem to have progressed in that area at all. Without Ponga it can be blunt as. I can't believe we lost to them.

Curran's already a cult figure there now. It never takes him long, ay? It can't just be the headgear and hair, can it?

I notice the Dogs are doing the breathing circle. That might've been from Gus days at the Warriors.

32-2, Dogs. Final. Tonight they were helped along by the abysmal Newy attack. They don't seem to have progressed in that area at all. Without Ponga it can be blunt as. I can't believe we lost to them.

Curran's already a cult figure there now. It never takes him long, ay? It can't just be the headgear and hair, can it?
I think a few clubs are doing the breathing circle now post try, but would have to watch and confirm.

Knights might have been reading their own hype as had been going well without Ponga.

Very annoying we lost to them, but in the buildup on fox highlights against us showed some real lack of energy on our behalf.

Blair

Coach
Very annoying we lost to them, but in the buildup on fox highlights against us showed some real lack of energy on our behalf.
It was a dreadful game and, looking back, we were in such a hole at that point. If someone had told me we would've turned it around so brilliantly I wouldn't have believed them.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just flicked the tv on and a classic match from 2005 on

Didn’t know it at the time, but shit Peter Ropati and McIvor went well in the sky studio, nearly 20 years on and they are a mile above the dross we see dished up every week

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lazy play from the Dragons but what an effort from that young Penrith winger in the wet to punish them

Seems to be always raining in Sydney these days ! Barely had any rain here for months, I’m jealous

JJ

Immortal
Penrith just getting beaten down by the cap, by origin, and injuries…

unpredictable competition atm

Blair

Coach
Lazy play from the Dragons but what an effort from that young Penrith winger in the wet to punish them

Seems to be always raining in Sydney these days ! Barely had any rain here for months, I’m jealous.
It was a spirited upset win by the Dragons, 22-10 and 10-0 down at halftime.

The Panthers could've gone top of the table but it wasn't to be, in a dreadfully bleak night in Penrith.

Latest posts