What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 17 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
who are the commentators for ABC now? is it still Morrow? i havent listened to them in years.
Morrow went over to 2GB, used to listen to plenty of him, Warren Ryan and Craig Hamilton on radio sport on a Sunday afternoon

Morrow gave it up last year and is in a pretty bad way currently with what from memory is brain cancer

Blair

Coach
Morrow went over to 2GB, used to listen to plenty of him, Warren Ryan and Craig Hamilton on radio sport on a Sunday afternoon

Morrow gave it up last year and is in a pretty bad way currently with what from memory is brain cancer
Now you've got me nostalgic, which doesn't take much these days. About 10 years ago, and more, the ABC would have an NZ broadcast from Mt Smart. Alan Mack? And Owen Wright? What happened to them?

The ABC would've taken its feed from RNZ, or whatever the state-run set-up was then.

They're good memories. I'd be drunk here at home on a Saturday night. Like things have changed now!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Now you've got me nostalgic, which doesn't take much these days. About 10 years ago, and more, the ABC would have an NZ broadcast from Mt Smart. Alan Mack? And Owen Wright? What happened to them?

The ABC would've taken its feed from RNZ, or whatever the state-run set-up was then.

They're good memories. I'd be drunk here at home on a Saturday night. Like things have changed now!
Alan Maclaughlin chucked it in a long time ago, he was the league man on radio sport for many, many years, and also did cricket commentary in the good old days when all the domestic games were ok the radio too. Gee he lived a tough life during his era as the main warriors man, used to have a league hour with Brendan Telfer every Monday morning and he would stick up for them every week

I was always a huge fan of Peter Wilkins on the ABC

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Go the Knights

shit Moses is a petulant little bitch, that last play didn’t bother trying to chase Best at all, too busy turning around abusing the Queen

Blair

Coach
Phil, you'll be a Knights fan after this game, no? Free piss and a seafood platter...

34-26, Newcastle. Final. A thrilling finish. The Eels should've won it, should've scored twice but Best had other ideas, with two end-to-end runaways, including one at the death.

JJ

Immortal
Four losses in a row for Brisbane. With the Panthers next week, albeit at home. They should be more worried than, say, Cronulla, who are receiving more stick for losing.
It’s origin time, they’ll bounce back soon

Blair

Coach
It's currently six-all early in the second-half down in Melbourne. What a grim contest. Gee, the Storm really kill the good vibes in the NRL, don't they? Expansion has a lot to answer for.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
St George doing a number on the Dolphins and the Dogs getting up on Friday is compressing the mid table even further. Means we’re not really moving up, but it’s also keeping us within two wins of 5th spot (4th if the Tigers can roll the chooks tonight). 3 points separating 9-10 teams in the middle of the table, crazy.)

Blair

Coach
The weather's ugly again in Penrith. Big crowd though, they certainly love their Panthers!

Badger in the Bunker. Let's see how she goes today.

With Newcastle currently in a thriller with Parra, I hope, for our Phil's sake, the beer isn't running out in the corporate box.
Hahn Super Dry ran out and had to go to XXXX for the final 2 drinks in the last 10mins!
Crowd was pretty happy at the end of it all.
Got you sucked into the Newcastle chant.
Food was good, pies and sausage rolls came out at halftime, woman's squad also came up and got a free feed after their halftime introduction on field. Most more interested in their phones than the game.
Back to mates house to watch Warriors beat Broncos was icing on cake for the night.

Last edited: