What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 19 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Not sure is call it an upset, it’s like a NSW cup side for Souths

bugger the rain at the Ashes.
If the Bulldogs don't take advantage then there's some serious issues going on there!

A great Ashes series thus far, with the English weather playing its part for most of it. I haven't been able to take my eyes of it. Although that bouncer-a-thon was a bit tedious.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
He looked like a park footy player, thrown in because the boys were caught short.
What was he doing for those couple of years on the Gold Coast? Not developing his game apparently. Guy obviously still has some raw talent but doesn’t seem to have honed it into first grade standard at all.

The RLPA have really misread the room with this complete media boycott they are running, all it does is make them lose face with the fans. I saw interviews with both Abdo and Newton, and I know which horse I’d be backing in the intelligence stakes
It's an interesting approach, as I can't say it's really been missed? Most interviews are the same old cliché, little honesty, conversation lead by journalist and nothing said to motivate the opposition next time you play.

Blair

Coach
It's an interesting approach, as I can't say it's really been missed? Most interviews are the same old cliché, little honesty, conversation lead by journalist and nothing said to motivate the opposition next time you play.
Players can be funny and original when they want to be though, just look at Canberra's try celebration from the other night!

Blair

Coach
16-14, Dolphins. An intrigueing 25 mins to go.

A thriller in progress, 20-all, seven mins to go. Will Foran's experience bring the Titans home?

Edit: high drama at Robina! A richocheted field goal cancels out the Dolphins' one. O'Sullivan's try disallowed in between.

21-all, time's up. Golden point.

Edit: well that was an anti-climax, Isaako misses the field goal but the Titans pinged for offside! 23-21, Dolphins. Final.

Nathan Fien did the onfield post-match for Redcliffe. He's assistant coach up there.

Last edited:
These 3 byes really throw the ladder out.
Should be Broncos, Panthers, Raiders, Sharks, Rabbits, Warriors, Storm, Eels.

Blair

Coach
These 3 byes really throw the ladder out.
Should be Broncos, Panthers, Raiders, Sharks, Rabbits, Warriors, Storm, Eels.
I know, and I have no confidence doing the Rd 19 Ladder but here it is!:
1688900311840.png
The negative f/a have sides like the Titans, Dolphins and Roosters screwed I reckon. I also can't help looking at the Roosters and think how did we drop four points to them?

Let's look at the spoon and f/a. St George look like it's theirs. The Tigers are playing with more fight.

Interestingly, the Knights have quite a positive f/a and they're 14th! Conversely, Canberra have a significant negative and they're fifth!