What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 24 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Someone should pass a law, that this season should never end. It's just so good!

Thursday night kicks it all off again with a Lodge-less (I can probably print his name in full size now) Manly hosting Penrith in what might be a last dance at Brookie. That's tough for Manly but they have the players - and support - to keep their season alive.

Friday, the Sharks look to have returned to form whilst the Titans are probably just playing for pride now (Dr Death needs to come in here and write a few teams off now, I don't have the heart, having been on the receiving end for most of the last 13 seasons!)

My deep Parra mole has written off their season ('too many injuries', 'too many bad ref calls', 'tough draw to finish', etc etc). He's right on the last point, they don't want to be playing Brisbane - in Brisbane - with their season on the line.

Saturday, the Rabbitohs have a St George definitely playing for pride, then it's on to Hamilton for the Tigers home game v the Warriors. Wests have another win left in them this year, they've been showing enough to suggest that, if they can only hold on to a lead or complete a comeback. The Roosters have a desperate show of 'can we make it?' v the Dolphins. Robbo will be the sweatiest man in Sydney that night. Ol' Wayne? Ice cool as usual.

Sunday, and it's a horror show up in the coaches box, Bellamy v Sticky. A Raiders loss here will see them slide alarmingly down the ladder due to their appalling f/a. So I think Sticky will be the most tense. We close with the Knights having a sweet ride against Canterbury. That's the game you want at home when you just can't afford to lose.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Eels simply have to win this week, I’m hoping they do tbh

Luai and Kenny out for Penrith, and Manly in similar place to Eels

Cronulla should be up for it around Wade Graham, what a player he’s been

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Cronulla should be up for it around Wade Graham, what a player he’s been
Was interesting to hear when we played Canberra in Croker’s 300th that clubs are actually LESS likely to win big milestone games. We should take heed as it’ll be SJs 250th the following weekend

Reactions: JJ

Blair

Coach
Maroon on pink is a bit confusing!

Anyway I think the Panthers have started strong. Six-nil. Big crowd! Edit: Manly have stormed back into the contest, leading 12-6. The Pink Panthers on the bench look surly.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Having a good crack tonight, tough to concede a try that included 2 knock ons and a pass off the ground the play before it

Blair

Coach
Having a good crack tonight, tough to concede a try that included 2 knock ons and a pass off the ground the play before it.

I can't believe all this fun is over in a month or two. It's not so bad for you guys in NZ (presuming you like cricket) as you have a great cricket season (South Africa and Australia), which won't happen here (Pakistan and West Indies). That's just one-sided mud.

It's always a long off-season anyway.

GoSouths

Juniors
im guessing Garrick will never kick on the first again.... magnificent attempt by Woods to tackle Taruva....

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
im guessing Garrick will never kick on the first again...
That was a Seibold master plan, f**k me

I understand the concept, Koula and Saab are 2 of the fastest in the league, but use the ploy off a set play scrum ffs, like they did in 2021 with great effect

Blair

Coach
Great crowds at the Women's WC in NZ. I'm so proud. 32,000+ at the Cake Tin for today's Spain v Netherlands game!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Great crowds at the Women's WC in NZ. I'm so proud. 32,000+ at the Cake Tin for today's Spain v Netherlands game!
just a shame the football ferns dropped that game to the Phillipines, was a real missed opportunity to progress to the knockout stage.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Sharks beating Titans at half time by more than we could get against 12 men after 80 mins!
I think the Titans (Tino aside who had a rest lol) are a bit flat after the effort they put in against us at home). Sharks are definitely pulling finger to secure their finals spot too.

Blair

Coach
just a shame the football ferns dropped that game to the Phillipines, was a real missed opportunity to progress to the knockout stage.
The TV coverage here has been a disgrace. If a team aren't the Matildas' current opponent then they don't exist. That's not how you broadcast a World Cup.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The TV coverage here has been a disgrace. If a team are'nt the Matildas' current opponent then they don't exist. That's not how you broadcast a world cup.
That’s just Australian sport in any major tournament, happens every Olympics. I always miss the NZ Olympic coverage where you get a way better variety of coverage instead of endless swimming replays.