What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 24 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

I think the Titans (Tino aside who had a rest lol) are a bit flat after the effort they put in against us at home). Sharks are definitely pulling finger to secure their finals spot too.
Hard done by Fafita showed up for his 2 minutes in a game and video ref taking his try off him!

Fifita with a poor tackle on the line for sharks try and then a shoulder charge and chat back from team mate gets 10mins!
Wonder if Des can get anything out of him, potential seems endless, just seems lazy.

Blair

Coach
Fifita with a poor tackle on the line for sharks try and then a shoulder charge and chat back from team mate gets 10mins!
Wonder if Des can get anything out of him, potential seems endless, just seems lazy.
Has any younger brother of a famous older one been much good?

36-6, Sharks. Final. 'Up, Up, Cronulla' playing. Are they a finals force?

JJ

Immortal
Has any younger brother of a famous older one been much good?

36-6, Sharks. Final. 'Up, Up, Cronulla' playing. Are they a finals force?
Don’t think this David Fifita has a famous brother

Blair

Coach
Parra are gone, down 24-zip at halftime.

The Broncos attack gets a lot of attention, and rightly so, but their defence is really good too. They could upset Penrith in October.

Although, every time I look at them, I feel one big night out could derail their entire season!

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Parra are gone, down 24-zip at halftime.

The Broncos attack gets a lot of attention, and rightly so, but their defence is really good too. They could upset Penrith in October.

Although, every time I look at them, I feel one big night out could derail their entire season!
Brisbane will be very concerned about Walsh and Kotoni Bags in Vegas next year

maybe Lodge can lead a supporters group over there to show what USA is all about

Blair

Coach
Haven’t really been following it at all, but why were they playing a big game at 1pm on a Friday afternoon ?
I'd say it was because there were two semis in one day, Australian and overseas TV was factored in, and, now don't laugh, but a lot of female fans aren't sitting in an uncovered stadium at night, smack bang in the middle of a New Zealand winter.

Shoot me for that last one if you want.

Top 2 set!
We can't catch them. Max 40 points for us. Panthers might drop last game if they rest players like previous years. Broncos with the bye next week.
Do Broncos rest players?
Or tactics at play regarding who you want to play (3rd or 4th)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Top 2 set!
We can't catch them. Max 40 points for us. Panthers might drop last game if they rest players like previous years. Broncos with the bye next week.
Do Broncos rest players?
Honestly after seeing Brisbane play I’m not sure it matters too much whether we end up 3rd or 4th- either of the top 2 are going to be a massive challenge. With that in mind if we win the next two games I’d seriously look at resting key players in the last two rounds once we know we’ve got a top 4 finish sewn up in order to be as fresh as possible for the finals.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Top 2 set!
Do Broncos rest players?
Heard Walters on the radio last weekend, no resting at all for them, he likes momentum so full steam ahead

I grew up with a massive dislike for the Broncos, this current mob are hard to dislike though, aside from Reece Walsh. I also think Kevin Walters is a really decent bloke. Can’t see myself cheering for them on Grand Final day, but their style of footy is so good to watch, it’s lightning fast

GoSouths

Juniors
Has Walsh's defence improved since he went to the Broncos? That was his main knock here (on the field). He was like a turnstile.
On attack he has so many keys to unlock defences. Just a weapon. Frustrating to watch considering he was once here.
I guess he was a Maloney type. Never going to stay long here. They all find excuses to leave. I know hes considered a prick, but i dont put him in the Lodge category of low human being.

GoSouths

Juniors

interesting stats. Broncos have 3 of the top 11 players for errors with Walsh worst in NRL. So if you can get a few turnovers from them and dont turn the ball over on your side, you could give yourself a chance. Still have to stop that attack though.

nswarrior

Juniors
The top 8 is really starting to sort itself out.
Manly and Parra out of the running now.
Cowboys, Roosters and Raiders fighting fir the last couple of spots?

JJ

Immortal
Seems very much like a two horse race this year?

Penrith are not as good as they were last two years, but still an excellent side, and Brisbane are ahead of the rest - Melbourne and us a bit behind, and presumably Souths (and until last night the Eels) held hope they could step up...

People will point to Penrith as how the cap is working, but the way some teams continue to load up on big talent and salaries is intriguing to say the least

Scott

Bench
It's a 2 horse race for sure.
Penrith are very very methodical and Brisbane are very very fast.

I truly believe that we are the only team that can beat them though. If we are near perfect. Our resiliance this season leads me to this. We are going to finish 3rd or 4th and will likely play them both in September. A true test indeed.

Bring it on.

Heard Walters on the radio last weekend, no resting at all for them, he likes momentum so full steam ahead

I grew up with a massive dislike for the Broncos, this current mob are hard to dislike though, aside from Reece Walsh. I also think Kevin Walters is a really decent bloke. Can’t see myself cheering for them on Grand Final day, but their style of footy is so good to watch, it’s lightning fast
Agree with momentum, but anyone with a niggling injury could always have a break, eg Harris for Warriors.

Imagine the tactic of making top 4, first game thinking we can't beat Broncos or Panthers at home, rest talent that needs it (sports science/physio based) knowing you have the next is at home. Psychologically a loss with full potential team is worse than a loss with certain talent rested?
It will never happen though.

Last edited: