What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 24 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
After the Sharks and Broncos both getting serious about finals footy last night the 9th placed Bunnies are looking pretty ordinary at half time over a dragons side who aren’t going away.

Blair

Coach
...Imagine the tactic of making top 4, first game thinking we can't beat Broncos or Panthers at home, rest talent that needs it (sports science/physio based) knowing you have the next is at home. Psychologically a loss with full potential team is worse than a loss with certain talent rested?
It will never happen though.

And imagine the caning the coach would get if we got walloped in both games!

Blair

Coach
I'm being mean but there's a part of me that's pleased the Dolphins have gone belly up.

They annoyed me at first, in the competition for five minutes, and racing out with all those wins. Everyone was talking them up for finals in their first season and, here was I, a fan of a club who couldn't catch a trick in that regard.

Now we're in finals and they aint. That just feels right. I wish them luck for next year though.

I'm being mean but there's a part of me that's pleased the Dolphins have gone belly up.

They annoyed me at first, in the competition for five minutes, and racing out with all those wins. Everyone was talking them up for finals in their first season and, here was I, a fan of a club who couldn't catch a trick in that regard.

Now we're in finals and they aint. That just feels right. I wish them luck for next year though.
I liked it because it made expansion look more possible and it more of a lack of coaching talent than player talent.

Blair

Coach
Wade Graham's retirement, jumped before he was pushed?

Sorry, I'm being mean again.

GoSouths

Juniors
Depth was always going to catch up with the Dolphins by the end of their first season. Future looks bright with some home grown talent coming through and some more quality signings to build depth

GoSouths

Juniors
The Chooks have pulled away. A big win is likely and they're another team, like Souths, who could be tricky for us in the semis.
Yeh, they are improving at a rapid rate. Billy Smith in the centres has been impressive the last few weeks. They match up well against us in all departments. I hope they miss the finals.

Blair

Coach
Canberra showing them up as pretenders again, they shouldn’t be in the 8.
20-2, Storm. Halftime. I was hoping Melbourne wouldn't get a big f/a boost but it looks like they will. Canberra? Their f/a doesn't really matter - it's so bad - as long as they keep on winning!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Canberra concede 48, storm catching our for and against
Actually cements us for the top 4 though as Canberra are well out of it.

Blair

Coach
Newcastle thrash Canterbury 42-6 to launch themselves into the eight! Rd 24 Ladder:

1691917897894.png

Three games left, are Manly really gone? What if they win their last three? And the Cowboys are still in it too.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The 2 points separating 5th to 9th will make for an interesting scrap for the lower half of the 8. Don’t really see the top 4 changing.