What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 25 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
It's haere ra to SJ and I never thought the day would come but here we are. I didn't plan it but I have Simple Minds on again - Don't You Forget About Me - we all know that one and I'm not sure he'll ever be forgotten. However, vanity, insecurity...also come to mind when thinking about his career, the song really hits the right notes for what will be an emotional night.

Before that though we have an interesting little 'avoid the spoon' battle at Leichhardt, Tigers hosting Manly. In Wests favour is the fact Manly aren't always at their best playing in the city.

Friday, Mt Smart/'Shaun Johnson Stadium', Warriors v the Dogs, Webby v Ciraldo, a sell-out, can we do it for our famous number seven?

Damn it, I want the Eels to beat Brisbane up there even though it will condemn Wests to the dreaded spoon. It's just that I dislike the Broncos and don't want them sneaking into the finals. Twisted logic.

Saturday, after the Warriors hangover we start with the 'let's gone' Raiders hosting Penrith. Too easy to pick that one. The Storm should further dent Redcliffe's finals hopes (they looked so good all season, so it's a bit sad) and Souths know they won't get the spoon while Newcastle know they won't likely make the eight, so, fellas, chuck the ball around, ay?

Sunday, the GC may as well entertain their fans too against Easts. It's disappointing at Robina as the Titans really did go on a bit of a run there for a while. Easts will be aiming at an unlikely top-two finish, Penrith won't let them have it but, hey, go for it anyway.

We close with St George getting tense already, knowing there's no room on the ladder to drop this tough one against Cronulla. The Dolphins, St George and Brisbane, and maybe Newcastle, are the desperate dudes eyeing eighth spot. They remind me of a bunch of guys in a nightclub at ten minutes to three! It wasn't pretty to see then and it hasn't got any prettier now!

Enjoy.

Big Marn

Bench
News today that it seems the Western Bears are confirmed for 2027
Ok wannabe managers,
Construct a team for me. Who do you want playing for the Bears and who do you think they can get?
I reckon a couple of UK imports wouldnt go astray just to add a bit of flavour. I guess the North Sydney Bears NSW cup team would be their feeder team, but who do that team currently feed for NRL?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Ok wannabe managers,
Construct a team for me. Who do you want playing for the Bears and who do you think they can get?
I reckon a couple of UK imports wouldnt go astray just to add a bit of flavour. I guess the North Sydney Bears NSW cup team would be their feeder team, but who do that team currently feed for NRL?
Think they are currently tied up with Melbourne

Clubs have been smart in preparation for this news by securing players for longer, it’s hard to know who might be available for them to pick up. Although contracts don’t always mean a hell of a lot

possibly guys like Sua Faalogo that can’t get a start currently, might be able to promise Wishart a first grade spot in 1 position

Last edited:

Big Marn

Bench
you cant tell me hoodoos arent a real thing.

Manly have now lost 8 of their last 10 at Leichhardt and their last 5 in a row there.
3 in the bin in one game doesnt help.
How you feeling Beaver?