What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 25 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

I think it is still a bit of a mixed bag, not many thrilled with the initial appointment, but can’t fault much so far and winning people over. I’m probably in that boat too. I didn’t rate him or like him, hated the treatment of Hasler, but there does seem to be an improvement going on, and a tap into the past of the club rather than completely wiping it. All in all it seems like they are on the up and he is doing a reasonable job, he was under fire a few months back though when Arthur became available

Interesting story coming out today that Tom Trbojevic hasn’t felt comfortable with the amount of time he has spent injured so approached the club and NRL to trim 300k off his current deal for the next 2 years. NRL quite rightly said they couldn’t do it, but shows the calibre of him
Tom just donate it back via the Manly Leagues Club. 😀
Who do they need to buy with the extra $300k

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I like James Graham, but currently assessing his sanity as I listen to him say the Eels should rest players next week to make sure they’re good to go for spoonbowl in round 27
I don't get this anyway. If the Eels win this week, they can't get the spoon, because the Tigers aren't going to beat them by 60 (plus what they'd win by). So it's dumb to start off with.

But yeah, that's one of the most cooked opinions I've ever seen. That's the trouble with the internet, podcasts and talking head shows...at some point there's nothing to say, and you have to invent things. That is an all-time dum dum one. Up there with GI saying he couldn't get to (Brisbane?) because it was raining and the planes weren't flying.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I don't get this anyway. If the Eels win this week, they can't get the spoon, because the Tigers aren't going to beat them by 60 (plus what they'd win by). So it's dumb to start off with.

But yeah, that's one of the most cooked opinions I've ever seen. That's the trouble with the internet, podcasts and talking head shows...at some point there's nothing to say, and you have to invent things. That is an all-time dum dum one. Up there with GI saying he couldn't get to (Brisbane?) because it was raining and the planes weren't flying.
Tigers have the bye this week, so they will enter the final round on the same points so it’s loser takes all

Last edited:

Big Marn

Bench

He also played for the Dragons so maybe he wants the Eels to lose this week to keep his old teams chances alive. Thats about the only sane but biased reason.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
yeh. So come on the Dragons this week, so the spoonbowl has some interest to it.
Absolutely, I am all for that. I'll watch that game.

Quite a few big games this weekend - can't believe the Pennies are 4th now, and not inconceivable they end up out of the 4...although you'd have to think they destroy the Bunnies this week. Eels Dragons is big for both clubs, Dolphins Broncs is huge, too. Dogs and Sea Eagles is massive, even if it wasn't such a big thing in terms of top 4 and top 8. The Cows will want a home final, and the Storm might have the cue in the rack ahead of the finals. Sharks will definitely want to towel us up and look for a top 2 spot, same with Roosters v Raiders - Raiders love ruining other people's seasons. Knights Titans might be the only one without any real consequence, although I spose the Knights have vague hope.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
They still have a 60-point differential advantage, right? So if the Eels win, their points diff can only improve, and then it's only a spoon fest if the Tigers beat them by 60 odd?
Points differential irrelevant unless Parra win this week and they have a draw the week after. They are both currently on 16, Tigers get to 18 this week with their bye, if Parra win they go to 18 as well, and the winner of the game between them will go to 20

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Absolutely, I am all for that. I'll watch that game.

Quite a few big games this weekend - can't believe the Pennies are 4th now, and not inconceivable they end up out of the 4...although you'd have to think they destroy the Bunnies this week. Eels Dragons is big for both clubs, Dolphins Broncs is huge, too. Dogs and Sea Eagles is massive, even if it wasn't such a big thing in terms of top 4 and top 8. The Cows will want a home final, and the Storm might have the cue in the rack ahead of the finals. Sharks will definitely want to towel us up and look for a top 2 spot, same with Roosters v Raiders - Raiders love ruining other people's seasons. Knights Titans might be the only one without any real consequence, although I spose the Knights have vague hope.
Storm looking like resting 10 this week then full side against the Bronocs so that’s very nice for the Cowboys home final chances

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Points differential irrelevant unless Parra win this week and they have a draw the week after. They are both currently on 16, Tigers get to 18 this week with their bye, if Parra win they go to 18 as well, and the winner of the game between them will go to 20
Yep absolutely, the point I was making is that the spoon bowl isn't set up yet...Eels can beat the Dragons and it's a dead rubber, basically. Unless the Tigers take refuge in the fact they could be 'last equal'

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yep absolutely, the point I was making is that the spoon bowl isn't set up yet...Eels can beat the Dragons and it's a dead rubber, basically. Unless the Tigers take refuge in the fact they could be 'last equal'
I think you’re confusing yourself mate, the Tigers are automatically up to 18 competition points this week, no matter what the Eels do this week, they aren’t a win ahead of the Tigers.

If the Eels lose this week it’s Tigers 18 Eels 16, and an Eels win in the last round takes them back past on points differential with both sides finishing on 18, other scenario Eels win this week and both enter the last game on 18 and the winner goes to 20 leaving the loser on 18, so not a dead rubber, a “loser takes all”

Blair

Coach
I think you’re confusing yourself mate, the Tigers are automatically up to 18 competition points this week, no matter what the Eels do this week, they aren’t a win ahead of the Tigers.

If the Eels lose this week it’s Tigers 18 Eels 16, and an Eels win in the last round takes them back past on points differential with both sides finishing on 18, other scenario Eels win this week and both enter the last game on 18 and the winner goes to 20 leaving the loser on 18, so not a dead rubber, a “loser takes all”
I've just had to make the same explanation to a workmate.

The Spoonbowl is on! And time for some massive Warriors schadenfreude.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
You Win Runner Up GIF