What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 3 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Three weeks in and the chickens are coming home to roost somewhat. What team wants to start the season zero from three? There's a few anxious clubs out there.

Tonight, I want to be at Penrith just to hear the sledging! The big-shot Broncos are in town and last year's GF is still pretty raw. A fan told me he's never seen so many 'drunk fans' as he did at Penrith last weekend! Brisbane are lucky it's not Friday night.

Friday, a nervy Warriors must be worried. Zero from three is a bit of a disaster and top-of-the-table Canberra love wet-weather footy. In the main game it's blockbuster Sydney tradition, Roosters v Rabbitohs.

Saturday, we're heading down struggle-street for Canterbury v GC. Dragons fans will be anxious too, NQ were good last week, St George were bad, but the latter have more to prove, as in 'are we in for another terrible year?'

Wests have their work cut out against a Sharks side cruising for easy pickings, after two tough wins to start the season. Benji's boys will need a packed Leichhardt to have any hope of being saved. They're assured of the help, as a full-house is guaranteed this early in a Tigers' season!

Sunday, more Sydney tradition, Parra host Manly and we close with a so far disappointing Newcastle taking on the flying-high Storm. Let's see that winger score another miracle, just to put Warriors fans at ease, 'see, bro, he does it every week!'

Enjoy.

Blair

Coach
Also JWH's 300th.
And Fisher-Harris is out for Penrith, ditto Reynolds for Brisbane. I'm not sure who that affects more. I reckon Penrith will miss their barnstorming prop more than an aging playmaker for Brisbane!

Double movement try let go for Panthers by bunker. We know it's a no try for Warriors.
And I struggle to believe we don't have a guy in the bin for the tackle on Walsh, let alone the independent Dr taking our player off for an HIA

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
LOL, whenever I see Taupau in the white and maroon (and it's a lot tonight) I think Penrith are playing Manly!

I hope this isn't this year's GF. No Reynolds or Walsh, of course, but Penrith just seem miles better, right across the park.

Big Marn

Juniors
Double movement try let go for Panthers by bunker. We know it's a no try for Warriors.
And I struggle to believe we don't have a guy in the bin for the tackle on Walsh, let alone the independent Dr taking our player off for an HIA
Ref to Tohu Harris. "Yeh mate, i understand it was accidental, but hes hit him high. Your guys in the bin."

Big Marn

Juniors
I think Cobbo probably needs to lay off the XXXX. He got the stitch at halfway on that big break and had to stop for a breather lol.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Ivan Cleary sides just get up for big games. They sometimes lose ones they should win, but man I knew they'd beat Brisbane but I didn't know they beat up on them that bad.

If Nathan has been in God mode previously, he's gone to a level above that. Holy hell he's the perfect footballer. In another world he'd be here...excuse me while I go and grab my Wayne Scurrah voodoo doll

Ref to Tohu Harris. "Yeh mate, i understand it was accidental, but hes hit him high. Your guys in the bin."
Dale Finucane got binned for irresponsible tackle that lead to a head clash.

There was just no tackling action and a complete body shot/check last night.
Walsh will probably have to claim for lost income as his pretty face going to have a scar.

Ivan Cleary sides just get up for big games. They sometimes lose ones they should win, but man I knew they'd beat Brisbane but I didn't know they beat up on them that bad.

If Nathan has been in God mode previously, he's gone to a level above that. Holy hell he's the perfect footballer. In another world he'd be here...excuse me while I go and grab my Wayne Scurrah voodoo doll
Yea man he was special last night aye. Those moves she put on for Tago's score were seriously pretty.

And the way he and Luai just kept hitting whatever side Kevvy had a backrower covering centre. Three tries on the right when poor Piakura was trying to mark Tago, and then when Staggs switched sides in the 2nd half, they started picking on Riki over on the left instead and put To'o over twice. Ruthless.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Yea man he was special last night aye. Those moves she put on for Tago's score were seriously pretty.

And the way he and Luai just kept hitting whatever side Kevvy had a backrower covering centre. Three tries on the right when poor Piakura was trying to mark Tago, and then when Staggs switched sides in the 2nd half, they started picking on Riki over on the left instead and put To'o over twice. Ruthless.
I guess for some he still needs to dominate like this in origin and international football, I don't see why he won't... he's a complete 7, like Johns was, and Sterling imo - although he wasn't as physically powerful he could control games with the same ruthlessness

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I’ve always ridiculed Union for penalising ‘accidental head clashes’ etc, but I reckon they’ve actually done a number on me because now I look at things like the Walsh injury or the Rapana/CHT incident tonight and think it seems insane there’s no punishment

Latest posts