What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 9 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
On that earlier game, it’s a real shame Jack Hethrington didn’t go on with it in the tunnel with Mahoney a couple of weeks back, that little grub needs to cop some

Dogs got fair rub of the green in that game, and her husband was sacked by the Tigers last year …

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
Yeah it felt like there must’ve been something off paddock there
It seemed to me the team didn't give him any love on the field toward the end of last season also - basically cold shouldered him somewhat. Not 100% sure, but I definitely noticed a few high five/embrace moments (tries, turnovers) involving Curran that were abandoned/ignored. Something a bit sinister happened I reckon.

Blair

Coach
It seemed to me the team didn't give him any love on the field toward the end of last season also - basically cold shouldered him somewhat. Not 100% sure, but I definitely noticed a few high five/embrace moments (tries, turnovers) involving Curran that were abandoned/ignored. Something a bit sinister happened I reckon.

My deep Parra mole said they were glad to be rid of him. One reason was that he wasn't great off the field.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
My deep Parra mole said they were glad to be rid of him. One reason was that he wasn't great off the field.
He seemed like he’d bonded pretty well with the team and culture at the Warriors, and he always seemed to put in. Though the Port Mac incident probably showed that he wasn’t 100% professional in all of his off field conduct. He definitely fell out of favour after that happened, maybe Webby and the front office are trying to run a really tight ship in that area with the team. Given the issues we’ve had in the past with players and at times groups of players going off the rails in that department I can understand it, and if it means we have to occasionally sacrifice a decent player to maintain high standards that’s a price worth paying. Nobody wants the stupid six bullshit happening again.

Blair

Coach
Cronulla did the Dragons quite easily and, I think, they're as serious as Penrith and Melbourne in thinking they can win the competition.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Panthers reportedly have an offer on the table for David Fifita upwards of $800k a year

Phil Gould taking on the nrl who handed him a 20k fine last week. Good on him too, his comments were 100% correct. Don’t enjoy this new dropout lottery at all really that has developed from having no consequences for failure

JJ

Immortal
Fifita would be really interesting in their system - Kikau was devastating, given the players they've lost it would be good for them to pick someone up - could mean he fulfils the obvious potential

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Up here on holiday on the GC (and living near Penrith) it's obvious that 'lifestyle' would be part of a decision to move.

For me anyway. Penrith v GC? No contest.
I went to the GC years ago and can’t say I thought that much of it, it’s got a beach and theme parks, just seemed like Cronulla with extra trimmings

Latest posts