What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Last Week

Bench
I presume in a separate rep payment pool. That would seem logical wouldn’t it given the comments made?
How is it logical?

The RLPA have repeatedly said that the issue isn't money, yet they don't want rep payments for players to come out of the rep payment pool.

If it really wasn't about money, they would agree that it would come out of the payment pool.

Remembering also, the majority of rep players are the already higher earning players. The only ones that have anything to gain from the rep payments coming from a separate pool is the wealthier players.

Gordon Tallis was absolutely right. When ever more money comes into the game, it's the higher paid players who get the lions share of any increase. This is just another example of it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How is it logical?

The RLPA have repeatedly said that the issue isn't money, yet they don't want rep payments for players to come out of the rep payment pool.

If it really wasn't about money, they would agree that it would come out of the payment pool.

Remembering also, the majority of rep players are the already higher earning players. The only ones that have anything to gain from the rep payments coming from a separate pool is the wealthier players.

Gordon Tallis was absolutely right. When ever more money comes into the game, it's the higher paid players who get the lions share of any increase. This is just another example of it.
Of course money is one of the issues, not the biggie, it’s clear control over the player funds is the really big sticking point. I can only guess the issue re rep payment is that it could be very variable, especially if nrl ramps up number of international games and the players feel that with no limit’s on that the overall funding pool could be impacted significantly. Can’t really think of any other reason. But like I said that’s a minor issue I reckon, who controls the players pot is the big one,

Chimp

Bench
Old Newton needs to have a little look at the real world - what a set of entitled wankers.

12 interest rate rises in a row, every single household bill on a never ending increase, food shopping etc etc… The general public are struggling, and then there’s these pricks.

These f**king imbeciles get paid an absolute motza to play a sport they love - and it’s still not enough. I couldn’t give a rats about them having consultation rights to things like rules, season length etc, but they do get a say, the NRL have even included in this CBA that any significant changes must be agreed with the RLPA….
The NRL every single time come out and share specific details of what’s been offered - the RLPA never come out and give specifics on exactly what they want, because they know the common man will see them for what they are, greedy, self-serving, power hungry arseholes.
I hope the NRL sack off the RLPA all together. Be strong and say ‘this is the offer, take it or leave it, if players want to walk away, don’t let the door hit you on the arse on the way out’ because in reality, I don’t reckon 1 single NRL player walks away from the NRL and earns the same money elsewhere, and certainly not with all the other perks they get.

Iamback

Coach
How is it logical?

Correct.

PR is only for it because of his hated of PVL and the game in general.

Players are getting paid, should be from the player payments pool.

This in the long run will actually make tests more money and return it to players. Strange stand to take really

Iamback

Coach
Of course money is one of the issues, not the biggie, it’s clear control over the player funds is the really big sticking point. I can only guess the issue re rep payment is that it could be very variable, especially if nrl ramps up number of international games and the players feel that with no limit’s on that the overall funding pool could be impacted significantly. Can’t really think of any other reason. But like I said that’s a minor issue I reckon, who controls the players pot is the big one,

Someone from the commission should be on there, Particularly if injury cover comes back into a legal area. HIA's especially a player could get treated now than in 5 years come and claim the NRL didn't do enough.

How can the NRL argue they did enough if they have no knowledge of the treatment that was given?

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Old Newton needs to have a little look at the real world - what a set of entitled wankers.

12 interest rate rises in a row, every single household bill on a never ending increase, food shopping etc etc… The general public are struggling, and then there’s these pricks.

These f**king imbeciles get paid an absolute motza to play a sport they love - and it’s still not enough. I couldn’t give a rats about them having consultation rights to things like rules, season length etc, but they do get a say, the NRL have even included in this CBA that any significant changes must be agreed with the RLPA….
The NRL every single time come out and share specific details of what’s been offered - the RLPA never come out and give specifics on exactly what they want, because they know the common man will see them for what they are, greedy, self-serving, power hungry arseholes.
I hope the NRL sack off the RLPA all together. Be strong and say ‘this is the offer, take it or leave it, if players want to walk away, don’t let the door hit you on the arse on the way out’ because in reality, I don’t reckon 1 single NRL player walks away from the NRL and earns the same money elsewhere, and certainly not with all the other perks they get.

I said that earlier in this thread.

Again last night Abdo broke it down. The players was just words thrown together.

Wizardman

First Grade

The good thing about the NRL is that they have V'Landys in their corner. Previous administrations may have caved in....V'Landys won't.

Wb1234

Immortal

Loved this

Clarkent

Juniors
How is it logical?

I didn't know players interview meant that much to you

Maximus

Coach
Hugh Marks comes in, who is independent

So that part is a lie for starters

Ah yes, the guy who got a cheap covid deal for 9 is not going to have a conflict when PVL says "hey I did you a favour and gave you a cheap deal, return the favour and get me one"

beave

Coach
There's usually 3 sides to every story.........

I honestly don't give a shit if they don't talk to the standard media, the answers pre and post match are usually clichéd rubbish anyways and the majority of players are thick as planks (god bless them).

But where it gets interesting is are they now in breach of media requirements from the broadcasters?

And are they also going to extend their media bans to their own clubs media arm?? That could make things extremely awkward.......

Wb1234

Immortal

I honestly don't give a shit if they don't talk to the standard media, the answers pre and post match are usually clichéd rubbish anyways and the majority of players are thick as planks (god bless them).

But where it gets interesting is are they now in breach of media requirements from the broadcasters?

And are they also going to extend their media bans to their own clubs media arm?? That could make things extremely awkward.......
This will happen for a week and be sorted by next week if not before

players wanna be drama queens to get what they want rather than negotiating behind closed doors

tbf clubs are no better

greed rules the game

Iamback

Coach
Ah yes, the guy who got a cheap covid deal for 9 is not going to have a conflict when PVL says "hey I did you a favour and gave you a cheap deal, return the favour and get me one"

So then the RLPA suggest someone, Bringing in Marks atleast shows the NRL are trying. Not sure the same can be said for the players

Iamback

Coach
I’m still not sure what Newton & the RLPA want after watching that press conference yesterday

That has been issue. People are quick to paint the NRL as the bad guys.

Maybe they are, The players aren't getting their message out well enough to make that decision

Iamback

Coach

They are still taking paid gigs in the media, So no chance they ban the clubs

Latest posts