What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

t-ba

Post Whore
I still reckon it could’ve been resolved sooner over a Yum-Cha and few dozen Crown Lagers. Yum-Cha and Crownies make the world go round.

When people say Australia and it's cities have no culture I point to this.

Where else in the world do important business deals get done in a room full of carts the Cantonese themselves stopped using decades and decidedly ordinary beer? Along with the HSP, the most Sydney shit ever.

Last edited:
When people say Australia and it's cities have no culture I point to this.

Where else in the world do important business deals get done in a room full of carts the Cantonese themselves stopped using decades and decidedly ordinary beer?
Not to mention a bill at the end of it that nobody understands. But why question it with so many smiley faces on it?

Diesel

Referee
Sounds like hes caved in, just like he did to the tv execs lol
What proof do you have? I’m calling bullshit and it’s just your agenda because you didn’t get a team in 2012/13 like you hoped you were getting from John Grants announcement

Chimp

Bench
Sounds like hes caved in, just like he did to the tv execs lol
But…. You were basically supporting the RLPA, saying their requests were reasonable and that the NRL should be agreeing to them, so surely, if PVL has stepped in and ‘done the right thing’, wouldn’t you give him credit for that?
Seems to me that you’ve put yourself in a position where PVL simply can never do good;
If he’s agreed to the players requests (which you’d claimed were fair and reasonable), he’s ‘caved in’.
If he continues to stand his ground - he’s being unreasonable….
Truth is, most likely, he’s done exactly what he said he would if the RLPA got round the table, with other senior parties (in addition to Clint) - got the deal done in 48 hours! I’m sure there will have been some give and take on both sides, but even if there wasn’t, he’s got the deal done - surely that’s worth some credit, even from you?
If you can’t give him credit here, and still use it as a vehicle to hammer him, then you’ve really got no credibility, and it is ultimate proof that you’re either completed blinded by your agenda against PVL (or just an attention seeking troll as many on here already state)… I’ve tried to take you at face value and on the assumption you’re being genuine with your views, and I’m hoping that is the case. Sometimes, as much as it might sting, you have to give credit where it is due, even to people you really REALLY don’t like.

Vee

First Grade
But…. You were basically supporting the RLPA, saying their requests were reasonable and that the NRL should be agreeing to them, so surely, if PVL has stepped in and ‘done the right thing’, wouldn’t you give him credit for that?
Seems to me that you’ve put yourself in a position where PVL simply can never do good;
If he’s agreed to the players requests (which you’d claimed were fair and reasonable), he’s ‘caved in’.
Truth is, most likely, he’s done exactly what he said he would if the RLPA got round the table, with other senior parties (in addition to Clint) - got the deal done in 48 hours! I’m sure there will have been some give and take on both sides, but even if there wasn’t, he’s got the deal done - surely that’s worth some credit, even from you?
If you can’t give him credit here, and still use it as a vehicle to hammer him, then you’ve really got no credibility, and it is ultimate proof that you’re either completed blinded by your agenda against PVL (or just an attention seeking troll as many on here already state)… I’ve tried to take you at face value and on the assumption you’re being genuine with your views, and I’m hoping that is the case. Sometimes, as much as it might sting, you have to give credit where it is due, even to people you really REALLY don’t like.
I think there's a middle ground. I agree PVL got the TV deal badly wrong for all the reasons PR says and we're still getting about half of what was promised for the grounds but the Dolphins, NRLW, Expansion, Unbreakable code etc, he deserves full marks.

Wb1234

Referee
I think there's a middle ground. I agree PVL got the TV deal badly wrong for all the reasons PR says and we're still getting about half of what was promised for the grounds but the Dolphins, NRLW, Expansion, Unbreakable code etc, he deserves full marks.
Our tv deal isn’t as bad as pvl haters make it

it’s seeing the nrl make consistent profits, clubs get funding of five million over the cap and players get a record cba plus with lots of extras

continued nrl expansion to maybe 20 teams will lay the platform for future tv deals to hit a billion pa

Iamback

Coach

Not sure the TV deal is bad.

We won't no for sure for a couple of years but the players have 35% of revenue. They get $1.3b

That would make the total revenue just over $4b for the 5 year period.

TV is 60%?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not sure the TV deal is bad.

We won't no for sure for a couple of years but the players have 35% of revenue. They get $1.3b

That would make the total revenue just over $4b for the 5 year period.

TV is 60%?
That’s nonsense. The nrls revenue isnt going up by $215mill this year lol

Iamback

Coach
That’s nonsense. The nrls revenue isnt going up by $215mill this year lol

The $4b is total until 2027. Once again for the slow guy out west. That goes up every year

The revenue was already projected to be over $600m as per the PVL puff piece last off season.

Since then the GF has increased

Looks like Suncorp will host 2 finals games.

International window is locked in

NRLW Magic Round.

NRL Magic Round is to be renewed, That will fetch more money.

Origin neutral venues locked in

Then of course 2026 is pencilled in for expansion.

I am sure you will find some way to find something negative out of it. Like always

Chimp

Bench
So @Perth Red you’ve not responded to this…. Going to give PVL any credit?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The issue of how and when NRL players are tested for illicit drugs is set to be thrust back into the spotlight with an independent body to rule on a new policy to detect recreational drug use.

The NRL and the Rugby League Players’ Association agreed to frame new drug-testing protocols during collective bargaining agreement negotiations earlier this month, and it could see the biggest shake-up in years to how NRL stars are tested.
The NRL will follow the AFL’s lead in accepting external advice from an independent arbiter to form their illicit drugs policy, with both the governing body and the players’ union to make representations.
The NRL has previously flagged a desire to test players during their off-season holidays – which will be set at nine weeks for the most experienced players. The current terms only allow players to be tested when in a club environment, either at training or in the pre-season.

The NRL’s current policy involves a player being warned for a first strike, banned for 12 matches after a second offence and then deregistered for a third.
The NRL will still run the code’s illicit drugs policy, but the RLPA had agitated for a review of its parameters in the final stages of CBA talks with Australian Rugby League Commission boss Peter V’landys.
V’landys shook hands with RLPA counterpart Clint Newton on a deal to end a bitter and long-running feud over the CBA, and the long form agreement is being drawn up to be signed.

Players will have agreement rights over any NRL plan to extend the length of the season beyond 24 matches per team during the regular season.

The game’s stars had expressed fears over player burnout if the NRL wanted to add extra games, but it can only now be done so with the green light from the athletes on the field.
The minimum wage will also rise to $150,000 by 2027, part of the $1.347 billion, five-year deal tabled to the players.
“Now that it’s done and if you understand footy players, and probably sportspeople in general, that saying, ‘What’s happened on the field, stays on the field’,” RLPA general president Daly Cherry-Evans said.
“What’s happened in the boardrooms and Zoom calls, I reckon a lot of it is going to be water under the bridge.

“The product itself is the best part of rugby league and we can focus on that now as we move towards the finals. We feel as though we’ve got a deal we can be proud of, and it’s now time to promote what we think is the greatest game of all.
“There were opportunities where we could have just conceded and said, ‘Let’s end all this’. But the playing group had so much belief in what we were fighting for. As we’ve been harping on a lot of it was non-financial. That’s why there was such a big push to stand our ground.”

Perth Red

Post Whore
I can see that going down well with clubs and fans! Nice win for the players though who will use it to screw more money out of their incumbent club.

Latest posts