What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Perth Red

Post Whore
So are nrl paying the tongan players in this series? Who’s then paying the non nrl tongan players?
What about nsw or qrl cup players? Whose paying them?

Perth Red

Post Whore
RLPA actually gave an answer further down that thread on X. On NRL sanctioned events "Pacific Cup" etc.. it's the same pay for all nations. Only the WC payment is different and its 40K for the whole tournament.

Maybe ARLC or RLC branded down the line should be in charge of international footy as Gus says. Think they will do a better job than the IRLF.
IRLF are doing a brilliant job, have you seen how many mens and women’s internationals are happening around the world this year?

RFL and NRL organise internationals featuring their players, not the IRLF.

siv

First Grade
Wonder when the CBA 2024 final details will be announced?

Its Nov 1 2024 season has begun

So are nrl paying the tongan players in this series? Who’s then paying the non nrl tongan players?
What about nsw or qrl cup players? Whose paying them?
Tonga are not playing in a NRL organised tournament, so no, Tonga RL will be paying all those players from the financial agreement with the RFL to tour England.

Clarkent

Juniors
Tonga are not playing in a NRL organised tournament, so no, Tonga RL will be paying all those players from the financial agreement with the RFL to tour England.
I'm pretty sure England are paying some of the Tongan team and expenses or else why would Tonga go in the first place. England needed Tonga more than Tonga needed England.

Chimp

Juniors
I'm pretty sure England are paying some of the Tongan team and expenses or else why would Tonga go in the first place. England needed Tonga more than Tonga needed England.
The English NRL players had to pay for their own flight upgrades because the RFL couldn’t afford anything other than standard tickets - that tells you everything you need to know about how much money the RFL
has. Tonga also flew cattle class.
Now, I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with flying cattle class, but at the most elite level of the sport, you’d probably expect them to be given premium seats - I’m sure the NRL players flying to Vegas won’t be in cattle class.

The English NRL players had to pay for their own flight upgrades because the RFL couldn’t afford anything other than standard tickets - that tells you everything you need to know about how much money the RFL
Now, I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with flying cattle class, but at the most elite level of the sport, you’d probably expect them to be given premium seats - I’m sure the NRL players flying to Vegas won’t be in cattle class.
I wouldn’t be so sure on a higher class those Vegas players will be flying in

Perth Red

Post Whore
millionaires, Im sure they could afford the upgrade lol

Chimp

Juniors
millionaires, Im sure they could afford the upgrade lol
I’m sure they could, so it’s not big deal really - but just another indicator of how little money the RFL has, and the disparity between NRL sanctioned and paid for internationals/appearance fees compared to RFL. A level playing field it is not - and for mine (accept I’m a dinosaur), international RL should be about recognition for performance, representation and pride - it shouldn’t matter what country you represent, the pay, travel perks etc should all be the same. International RL should not be influenced by which country can pay the players the most (although clearly the strength of domestic game wil influence team strength).
Size of pay packet they’re going to get for doing so should not be an influence on a players decision on which country they want to represent at international level.

Latest posts