What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Steel Saints

Juniors
The players know they won't get paid if they strike.

If the NRL went hard now and fined them for covering the Logo, The RLPA would stop the stupid photo ops and get back into the room

Strike action is relatively unlikely, but as long as a deal is not done, the potential of it is still there.

Iamback

Coach
Strike action is relatively unlikely, but as long as a deal is not done, the potential of it is still there.

Newton found time to go to Melbourne but not go back to the table?

There is fault on both sides for the delay

Time the NRL took action, it would soon get a deal done

Iamback

Coach
Actually where the financial penalities could come initially is from Teltra. By covering up the NRL logo, th e players are covering up the naming rights sponsor of the competition.

On an unrelated note, there is talk of the players actively delaying the kick-off games in first grade. Reports about it in the Telegraph today.

Not sure the broadcasters will be happy with the ratings or the crowd for the 2 standalone NRLW games this weekend.

That is where this blackout hurts the players, They should be getting their names out there

Perth Red

Post Whore
An NRLW player then?

there are more players on the lower end of the scale then are high paid
In grand scheme it’s still not much if it gets the result they are after. We had a days strike last month and we got the pay offer upped 6% within days, For the days wage lost the gain over next three years was well worth it for the staff!
I hope it doesn’t come to that but Vlandys antagonism, lack of trust from nrl fiddling the players out of money and rlpas militant stance would seem it’s not out of the question.

wazdog

Juniors
Next week they will be covering up the nrl logo on the shorts too

Let's not forgot about the NRL wording on their player numbers lol

Rabbitohs happen to be sponsored by Elastoplast. Not good brand exposure for them if their tape is falling off whilst trying to cover the NRL logo.

siv

First Grade
Fox and nein should step up and say if this continues they will consider it a breach of contract

let’s see how standfast they are on sharing gps data when their wages are at risk
If I was Telstra

I would already be saying so

siv

First Grade
Not sure the broadcasters will be happy with the ratings or the crowd for the 2 standalone NRLW games this weekend.
Wonder how it compares

One timeslot - is a swapout of existing NSW Cup coverage. Which has stopped

Other timeslots - its going head to head with NRL fixtures

That's exactly the same as the NRL. The funds for the RLPA come out of a deduction from the salary cap, or in other words, the players' wages.
you are so thick, is your name clint by any chance.

the players are paying it not thr nrl, the salary cap is the players money.

if companies paid it you would need to add it to your income line on your tax return

Maximus

Coach
you are so thick, is your name clint by any chance.

the players are paying it not thr nrl, the salary cap is the players money.

if companies paid it you would need to add it to your income line on your tax return

Talking about thick, you just agreed with me but you are too stupid to work it out.

no you are saying the nrl and companies pay the unions fees which they do not

The way it works is that of the revenue identified as going to the players, out of that revenue the NRL pays a flat fee to the RLPA which is how all NRL players are covered by it without any money coming out of their current payments.

Problems this could lead to:

1. If a player objected to being unionisedc by default. It is illegal to make people compulsorily join; and
2. The NRL could just decide to stop the payments. Make the RLPA collect its own membership fees from players.

Looks like no. 2 is being conmmsidered by the NRL according to the Herald -

Whilst it would inflame matters, the RLPA would not have a legal leg to stand on if the NRL did it as far as I am aware.

Maximus

Coach
no you are saying the nrl and companies pay the unions fees which they do not

The NRL and companies do pay the fees. Out of wages. The original discussion was about how the RLPA is different to other unions because the NRL pays the fees, and how no players would join it if they had to pay themselves. I merely pointed out that the NRL and companies pay it in the exact same way.

Maximus

Coach
The way it works is that of the revenue identified as going to the players, out of that revenue the NRL pays a flat fee to the RLPA which is how all NRL players are covered by it without any money coming out of their current payments.

1. If a player objected to being unionisedc by default. It is illegal to make people compulsorily join; and
2. The NRL could just decide to stop the payments. Make the RLPA collect its own membership fees from players.

Whilst it would inflame matters, the RLPA would not have a legal leg to stand on if the NRL did it as far as I am aware.

This is incorrect. The players agreed that 100k from each teams salary cap would go towards funding the RLPA. The NRL has no legal leg to stand on if they withheld that. The NRL are merely paying on behalf of the players.

The remainder of the funding is from the NRL purchasing image rights for the players. Sure they can break that contract, but good luck promoting the game without the consent of the players to use their image.

thanks mate

taste2taste

Juniors

The only takeaway I have from the linked article is that we'll be getting end of season internationals!! Woot woot !!

Wb1234

Referee

Rlpa claimed players paid them not the nrl

so much bs the sooner clinton leaves for politics or the actu the better

the guy is a blight on the game

Latest posts