What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL to buy share of Super League

Pippen94

First Grade
Six nations gets a bit more than origin lol

that’s it

and that’s when England are playing

Rugby is bigger by nature of being bigger in Europe. A lot bigger audience for international games which can't be dismissed.

NRL is richest rugby comp of either code in the world.

I'd imagine in terms of investors, in domestic rugby comps in France, Japan are more cashed up tho.

Wb1234

Referee
Rugby is bigger by nature of being bigger in Europe. A lot bigger audience for international games which can't be dismissed.

NRL is richest rugby comp of either code in the world.

I'd imagine in terms of investors, in domestic rugby comps in France, Japan are more cashed up tho.
Origin games outrate some six nations games so no

Wb1234

Referee
Lol, I don't care. Was never my argument. Just saying in terms of numbers rugby has larger audience.
You’re talking about nrl should buy super league because rugby is big in England and france

even union struggles majorily it’s why 3 English clubs just went bust

and their salary cap is on par with the nrl

Pippen94

First Grade
You’re talking about nrl should buy super league because rugby is big in England and france

even union struggles majorily it’s why 3 English clubs just went bust

and their salary cap is on par with the nrl

Never said that. NRL should buy superleague to increase it's own reach. I don't care about union.

taste2taste

Juniors
Interesting to see those numbers.

Scotland, Ireland and wales all have smaller populations than NSW, the majority of 6 nations viewers would be from the south of France and South England where union is strong.

If Australia had a population the size of France, adjusted from per capita, the NRL would have average crowds of 60k and SOO would have 12 m viewers

Pippen94

First Grade
How is the nrl going to grow the game more than the clubs that have been around for almost 200 years can’t do ?

Consolidated UK & french heartlands encompass large population. Build around that. Use NRL's status as biggest comp to entice investors elsewhere but mainly just a strong London club.

Pippen94

First Grade

Scotland, Ireland and wales all have smaller populations than NSW, the majority of 6 nations viewers would be from the south of France and South England where union is strong.

If Australia had a population the size of France, adjusted from per capita, the NRL would have average crowds of 60k and SOO would have 12 m viewers

..but it doesn't, which is why game should grow internationally rather than just domestically..

Wb1234

Referee

Gto 2
Consolidated UK & french heartlands encompass large population. Build around that. Use NRL's status as biggest comp to entice investors elsewhere but mainly just a strong London club.
buzzwords

Super league tv deal is down 40 percent in revenue terms

salary cap is tiny

nrl doesn’t have the power to kill off clubs

the top 6 English clubs will never break away from the rfl again

Pippen94

First Grade
Gto 2

buzzwords

Super league tv deal is down 40 percent in revenue terms

salary cap is tiny

nrl doesn’t have the power to kill off clubs

the top 6 English clubs will never break away from the rfl again

..but you agree it'll happen at some point lol?!

Wb1234

Referee
..but you agree it'll happen at some point lol?!
Yeh leave it for 30 to 50 years time

by then the nrl will have maxed out domestically and nz png and the pacific and will be rich enough to make a difference

England is a distraction we don’t need right now

Pippen94

First Grade
Yeh leave it for 30 to 50 years time

by then the nrl will have maxed out domestically and nz png and the pacific and will be rich enough to make a difference

England is a distraction we don’t need right now

I think it'll be sooner. Las Vegas made the NRL realise the value of rusted on english support offer.

Latest posts