What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozhawk66

Juniors
menai_dogs said:
hello... why do u think i said this thread should be deleted. there is no way nfl matches to nrl.

and um, i think they have heard of it, becasue the aussies were over there not that long ago playing against one of there rugby league teams (i think it was america vs australia), that was when willie mason got injured

I saw the match where Mason was injured. One of the topics they actually brought up, was.......are there any league players who could play in the NFL?

The black, American, rugby league announcer, mentioned Bowen and quickly explained the position he could play if he had the sort of time - in years - to spend playing in the defensive backfield.

Then the same announcer went back to the talking points of why they dragged the Aussies to the States to try and promote rugby/league. Who better than the best to promote the sport!?

Even when the Eagles were up by that halftime score, I knew they would need 12 points in the 2nd half, just to have a chance. Then those proud boys lost to those tired boys by 12 pts.

All was fun to see on TV, cept for the needless Mason injury. And I don't like Mason that much, or the Bulldogs.

Bomber

Bench
030919_PACKERS.jpg

"Where the f**k is my f**king roast chicken?"

ozhawk66

Juniors
MutOofd said:
David "Deacon" Jones: No. We're not necessarily the best athletes. We're the toughest athletes, the most brutal and violent athletes. But when you get into technique and all that stuff, I'd say golfers are the best athletes.

Here's the link: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/questions/deaconjones.html

This raps it pretty much up don't you think...

Deacon Jones is a good guy, even though he played for the Rams.

He also has a sort of bitter, inferiority complex about being compared to players after his playing days. Mostly because they didn't have (official) stats for QB sacks, yet he's still considered one of the best.

This article should be read by everyone, as it concerns the violent game, back then.

Deacon is also a bit misleading, concerning the roid question, as roids weren't really even thought of, but a lot of players were using some serious drugs in the 60's and 70's in football - mostly amphetamines and downers to deal with the pain, from what I understand.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
oops, that was a phopah, please esplain...

I would esplain, but it keeps going over your head. That tends to happen to those who don't get it, in more ways than one.

Now, spells foe-paw for us, if you can.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Always good for a laugh.

Maybe the "context" is why you're not laughing....

You need basic text to understand the basic context of basics.

ozhawk66

Juniors
i.e. NFL players play 30 minutes in 210, League players play 60-80 minutes in 90. Therefore, NRL players have more stamina than NFL players.

One more time, for the simple who don't want to get it. They actually play - from both sides - MORE than 30 minutes. But like I said, the 2nd clock used in the NFL would go over your head.

To you, that statement doesn't exist.

I've coughed up phlegm that could outwit you. You'd lose a game of tic-tac-toe to a garden fork.

Your phlegm is regurgitated, lost brain cells.

To me, you're basically an AFL supporter. Can't get much lower than that.

AFL is idiocy. Someone also claimed in this thread that many AFL players punted in the NFL. Another factless claim I shut up real quick.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
Hello dickhead.

My reply is about 50 pages back <------------- that-a-way

For the record, you didn't answer my questions.

I bet you don't even ride in the front seat of taxis either.....

I don't answer your questions? Nice try.

Give it your best shot. And when you do, you better have the guts and ability to answer what I've mentioned, umpteen times before.

Go ahead. It's your shot. Make it a good one.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Choppies said:
WTF????
Was that English?

Oh just so Ozdork can understand

WFT?????
qws thst Ebgkisj?

Good grief. It is easy to go over the head of those who stick their foot in their mouth, and don't mind.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
We have schools in Australia, not screwls.

What a fine education you must have received in America.

You don't know the difference between "you're" and "your"
You don't know how to spell 'explain'
Or 'school'
Or 'plagarise', 'centralise', 'agonise', etc.

I bet you don't even put beetroot on your burgers, you yankee prick

You can't be this willingly stupid if you can't recognize basic, obvious, stupid English when it's put right in front of you.

And no, butt root looks like crap on burgers. I can't fathom what it tastes like. Talk about gag and swallow.

Bomber

Bench
ozhawk66 said:
I don't answer your questions? Nice try.

Give it your best shot. And when you do, you better have the guts and ability to answer what I've mentioned, umpteen times before.

Go ahead. It's your shot. Make it a good one.

Hahahahaha, oh my goodness.

Who are you, my mother?

You're like a kangaroo caught in the headlights of a road train. You know what something awful is about to happen, but cannot do anything about it.

For 54 pages you've made up the most fantastic lies, and the biggest load of bullsh*t. You've done nothing but make yourself look like the biggest f**knuckle to ever emigrate across the ocean. A f**knuckle who, it should be admitted, has invented two totally new words in the process of digging his own grave.

If you don't like rugby league, then get the f**k out of here.

And if you don't want to f**k off, then crack open the Vegemite, put on the Eric Bogle CD and sit back. You are not in America anymore (believe it or not). There are no Monster Thickburgers here.

Bomber

Bench
You can't be this willingly stupid if you can't recognize basic, obvious, stupid English when it's put right in front of you.

Actually, it is English, as the English themselves write it.

You just use the bastardised American variant of the language.

And it's recognise, not recognize.

And we use kilometres and kilograms, not miles and pounds.

I bet you've never watched Crocodile Dundee, you Republican-voting redneck

ozhawk66

Juniors
Choppies said:
so going by your age logic Gridiron is more skillful than Basketball and Soccer etc
Players playing in the NBA who started straight out of high school and thus around 17-18 years of age Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, and Kevin Garnett among others. and tons of 17-19 year old Soccer players debut in top sides each year around the world.

god your stupid.

No, you're that stupid in recognizing that those NBA examples are at least able to play with the big boys.

The NFL is a completely different world. They look at it like letting girls playing football. It's an insane thought.

And for you to rationalize 17/18 year old kids playing at the same level of those in the NFL, you somehow have to explain, how a 17/18 year old body is as physically mature as a young man's body in his early 20's.

Go ahead, make your case. No one has even had the guts to try and make that one.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
The easy way out for you was to ignore this thread for a week.

I bet you don't even buy Dick Smith's peanut butter......

I don't have to because I have one. And it's chunky, too.

pssst) I just wondered how you ladies would gt along without my confrontational questions.

Bomber

Bench
ozhawk66 said:
That was a pic of Warren Sapp. He is one and so are you.

You don't have a f**king clue about what you are supposed to be aruging about now, don't you?

Keep it up, Uncle Sam.....

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
Actually, it is English, as the English themselves write it.

You just use the bastardised American variant of the language.

And it's recognise, not recognize.

And we use kilometres and kilograms, not miles and pounds.

I bet you've never watched Crocodile Dundee, you Republican-voting redneck

Of course the English wrote most of it. But I laugh when you say "we" use the metric system. Aussies use the metric system because you were told and taught to do so. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.