What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Choppies said:
Didnt a Geelong player leave the AFL for the NFL last year?

Could be the player I heard about that tried to join the NY Jets. He has a hard road to make the team, and it's not because he can't punt.

Bomber

Bench
Of course the English wrote most of it. But I laugh when you say "we" use the metric system. Aussies use the metric system because you were told and taught to do so. End of story.

And because 99% of the rest of the world use kilograms and kilometres. Everyone except the Americans and grandmothers who use CWA cookbooks printed back when Lyons was Prime Minister.

I wonder how many car accidents you've had driving on the wrong side of the road.

In fact, I'll be amazed if you even knew the correct way a car door opens. Inwards or outwards......

Bomber

Bench
He has a hard road to make the team, and it's not because he can't punt.

Of course! It's because he can't handle the diet their punters have to follow.

Six litres of Coke
Ten Monster Thickburgers
Ten roast chickens
Five Suckling Pigs

And that's just for the punters......

(What the f**k do punters do besides.....well, punt?)

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
Hahahahaha, oh my goodness.

Who are you, my mother?

You're like a kangaroo caught in the headlights of a road train. You know what something awful is about to happen, but cannot do anything about it.

For 54 pages you've made up the most fantastic lies, and the biggest load of bullsh*t. You've done nothing but make yourself look like the biggest f**knuckle to ever emigrate across the ocean. A f**knuckle who, it should be admitted, has invented two totally new words in the process of digging his own grave.

If you don't like rugby league, then get the f**k out of here.

And if you don't want to f**k off, then crack open the Vegemite, put on the Eric Bogle CD and sit back. You are not in America anymore (believe it or not). There are no Monster Thickburgers here.

You can't do it, can yuh. And you won't. You're scared, just like the other, paranoid nospam49 in this thread.

Wanna know what we did back in high school after winning a road game in football? We cranked AC/DC on the bus back home till it drove the coaches nuts. Why? I'll let you in on that one, if this Aussie can get it.

I've already told you that I watch league and you are so scared that you're telling me to get the f%(*&^k out.

You obviously have a hard time dealing with it when confronted.

Bomber

Bench
End..............
Your dreamworld is just about to end
End..............
Fall................
Your dreamworld is just about to fall
Your dreamworld will fall

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
And because 99% of the rest of the world use kilograms and kilometres. Everyone except the Americans and grandmothers who use CWA cookbooks printed back when Lyons was Prime Minister.

I wonder how many car accidents you've had driving on the wrong side of the road.

In fact, I'll be amazed if you even knew the correct way a car door opens. Inwards or outwards......

You must be the type who makes himself laugh........in more ways than one.

At least we drive on the right side of the road, like most people who are right-handed, on this planet.

Your pecker must either be a inny or outy. Your door analogy would have drove Fraud nuts.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
End..............
Your dreamworld is just about to end
End..............
Fall................
Your dreamworld is just about to fall
Your dreamworld will fall

I wonder if your 17/18 year old kiddies could have played in this environment. You never did give it your best shot, that's cause you ARE scared......

2. The Ice Bowl: Packers 21, Cowboys 17 (NFL championship, Dec. 31, 1967)
Thanks to new heating coils under the Lambeau Field surface, the playing conditions for the Cowboys-Packers NFL Championship Game wouldn't just be frigid (-13 at game time with a 14-mph wind), they'd also be slick. The system malfunctioned, and the field became a skating rink. It was so cold that the refs' whistles didn't work -- the little wooden balls created no sound when encased in rock-solid saliva.

031006bartstarr.jpg
[font=verdana, arial, geneva]The Packers disdained a game-tying field goal and scored on fourth down.[/font]

Somehow, the teams managed to score points. Bart Starr, who'd be sacked eight times before the game ended, hit Boyd Dowler for two first-half TDs, and the Cowboys scored when George Andrie ran a recovered fumble 7 yards for a TD. Halftime score: 14-10.

The Cowboys took the lead early in the fourth quarter when running back Dan Reeves threw to Lance Rentzel for a 50-yard TD. Then, with Green Bay trailing 17-14 and only 4:50 left, Bart Starr drove the Packers 65 yards to the three. Thirteen seconds remained when Starr proposed a QB sneak on fourth down to Vince Lombardi, who uttered 10 immortal words: "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here."

Starr scored, and the Pack won, 21-17. Lombardi was glad to send the sellout crowd of 50,861 home. "We didn't want a tie," he said. "We had compassion for those

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
You're just getting pathetic now

When are the school (sorry, screwl) holidays over?

Are you that scared in front of readers that you won't answer?

If I have to do it, I'll do it. Come one, prick. Give me a question. Or, are you too scared?

ozhawk66

Juniors
Like I've said before, ther is NO ONE close to the 9.91 100 meter speed of a Michael Bennett in league. No one.

The likes of a Bott are a dime a dozen in the NFL when it comes to his speed. And a player that small? It's almost scary what would happen if he was laid out like a limp piece of lettuce. Scary.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
*yawn*

Former San Francisco 49ers superstar Steve Young retired after the 1999 season due to an overabundance of concussions.

a_young.jpg
[font=verdana, arial, geneva]How does Steve Young describe his worst concussion? [/font]Page 2 wanted to see if all that brain-rattling had negatively affected Young's famously quick mind, so we fired 10 Burning Questions at the NFL's highest-rated quarterback ever.

No one cares.

And I felt sorry for Andrew Johns.

Ghoulies

Bench
No come back is necessary because what I said was true. No one cares if some 250 lb yank can run the 100 in under 10 secs. No one ever doubted that NFL is chock full of fast and strong athletes; the only argument we've had is the NRL players are fitter and more skillful, yet for some reason you keep on posting crap about the NRLs lack of sprint champions.

Jae

Juniors
The thing is, if Maurice Green can run the 100m in under 10 seconds... does that mean he's as fit as some Ethiopian who can run a marathon?

ozhawk66

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
No come back is necessary because what I said was true. No one cares if some 250 lb yank can run the 100 in under 10 secs. No one ever doubted that NFL is chock full of fast and strong athletes; the only argument we've had is the NRL players are fitter and more skillful, yet for some reason you keep on posting crap about the NRLs lack of sprint champions.

"Fitter" and more "skillful" is all part of the debate.

For instance; in one breath, you say you don't care about fast yanks who can run real fast. Do you not enjoy a fast league player, breaking a tackle/run, and running away BECAUSE he is fast?

Fitter? How about the concept of 60/70 hit-ups during a match? On a regular basis. And all the while someone else is trying to knock your block off so you don't have a hit-up.

Sprint champions? Gag.

Yes, the faster NFL athletes are in a different league than the fastest NRL players has to offer. Matter of fact, the NFL is a collision game played at world class speed.

Sprint champions? This is where league fans have a very hard time comprehending someone wearing the #7 Jersey, weighing in at 120 kg - and still is one of the fastest players on the league field and a cannon for an arm.

Or, how about someone in the #7 jersey who would make Bott eat his dust? by running a 4.25 40 yard dash, weighing in at 100 kg's?

And the guys trying to tackle em in the NFL? How 'bout a specimen weighing in at 145 kg'S and can clock a 40 in 4.86 seconds? And guys like this are used to bashing guys their same size and trying to kill munchkin type of players that populate the NRL.

Now, why can't the bigger NRL forwards try and get bigger/stronger, but keep their endurance and speed?

ozhawk66

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
:lol:
So you're impressed by serious injuries?

Real classy.

Impressed is the wrong word. The difference in injuries and injury rate is very telling in how each sport is played, and a telling difference between the physical nature between the two sports.

It's one of the main reasons why it's an insane thought to let 17/18 year old kids play in the NFL. That honestly would be a scary proposition.

Those kids have a VERY hard time playing collegiate football in their 1st year(s), let alone the insane thought of playing in the NFL.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Jae said:
The thing is, if Maurice Green can run the 100m in under 10 seconds... does that mean he's as fit as some Ethiopian who can run a marathon?

That's just plain stupid. I'll let you trry and rationalize that one in front of others.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
:lol:
So you're impressed by serious injuries?

Real classy.

It has nothing to do with class. It has to do with recognizing how serious the violent part and sad part of the game can be.

I actually let something go in this thread when some ignat showed a pic of the late Korey Stringer. It was beyond sad. The man basically worked himself to death. Even though he never missed a block, an assignment or crashing into a LB in basic running and tackling drills that is the sport of league - it didn't mean a f*%king thing, when I found out he left a 6 year son behind.

And when Randy Moss broke down and cried like a baby in front of the press after the fact......I got it....in more ways than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.