What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

menai_dogs

Juniors
bottom line: get a team from the nfl and get a team from the nrl and play a match of rugby league (without shoulder pads), then a game of gidiron (or whatever u call the stupid sport) and see who is more durable. i think it was put on the table by our country but no team in the nfl was up for it. ask the rock, who is originally from new zealand, and he will tell u the same.

GO THE SHARKS!!!

menai_dogs

Juniors
sorry but i had to put another comment in...

how pathetic do u have to be if u think that nfl comes anywhere near nrl. i think this thread should be deleted from this forum because i frankly find it insulting...

drake

First Grade
Get a team of NFL player... A team, not 3 or 4 different teams...to play a game of NFL, let alone Rugby League and you'll see a different game.
In my experience Americans marvel at the idea of one team of players playing a heavy contact sport for forty minutes at a time with minimal stoppages.

Without helmets.

Imagine how hard NRL would suck if the on-field roster of the team changed when the ball changed sides, there was a huddle after every tackle; well, it would suck like...NFL. The players would do a lot less and earn a lot less too. $3.25 million / 50 players.

ozjet1

menai_dogs said:
bottom line: get a team from the nfl and get a team from the nrl and play a match of rugby league (without shoulder pads), then a game of gidiron (or whatever u call the stupid sport) and see who is more durable. i think it was put on the table by our country but no team in the nfl was up for it. ask the rock, who is originally from new zealand, and he will tell u the same.

GO THE SHARKS!!!
no worries, i'll just get his number from my filo-fax...

why would an NFL organisation want to risk its assets (which they play millions for to win a champonship) in matches which will prove nothing except that the league boys will thrash gridiron players in league, and vice versa.

there might be appeal in oz for such a game because we know of the sport over there, but what to the yanks know about the existence of league over here?

i think its cronies like you in mentality who are running the sport which is holding the greatest game of all behind while the AFL and union continue to flourish.

Bomber

Bench
ozjet1 said:
you see, this is where your argument is flawed. the competitions played here are not the NFL.

are American rugby league competitors NRL players??

ozhawks comparison is between the elite of each code of football, i.e., the competitors in America's NFL and the competitors in Australia'sNRL.

What you have done is word the discussion into one which is favours rugby league players...professional NRL athletes against Australian gridiron weekend warriors.

Why would you have done this?? are you insecure about the athleticism & skill of Andrew Johns against Peyton Manning?? Billy Slater vs Randy Moss???

you shouldn't be as putting one player in the other competition will be putting them out of their depth. they've not trained for the demands of the other sport let alone the competiton itself.

Are your kidneys hurting?

It's called taking the piss, my friend ;-)

menai_dogs

Juniors
ozjet1 said:
no worries, i'll just get his number from my filo-fax...

why would an NFL organisation want to risk its assets (which they play millions for to win a champonship) in matches which will prove nothing except that the league boys will thrash gridiron players in league, and vice versa.

there might be appeal in oz for such a game because we know of the sport over there, but what to the yanks know about the existence of league over here?

i think its cronies like you in mentality who are running the sport which is holding the greatest game of all behind while the AFL and union continue to flourish.

hello... why do u think i said this thread should be deleted. there is no way nfl matches to nrl.

and um, i think they have heard of it, becasue the aussies were over there not that long ago playing against one of there rugby league teams (i think it was america vs australia), that was when willie mason got injured

NPK

Bench
Anyone see Clive James briefly give it to gridiron on the Footy Show tonight?
My face lit up when he said that :lol:

ozhawk66

Juniors
Choppies said:
esplain. :lol:
does your keyboard not have an x?
Did you buy your keyboard factory 2nd?

I'm wondering if you get it. And I'm not about to esplain the obvious to those who don't want to get it......in more ways than one, ladies.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bazal said:
My god, if you wanna use injuries as evidence, I have had two knee reconstructions after tearing every single ligament in my right knee in a tackle. My left ankle is rooted for good as well after snapping ligaments and my achilles in a tackle. I have a pin in my right tib/fib from snapping my leg clean in two in the same manner Scott Prince did. I'm turning 20 in 5 months. Just because people get injured, and these injuries lead to later complications, it doesn't mean a damned thing and you know it. Christ, by your logic Andrew Johns is the toughest bastard in the world.

I'm not "using" injuries as evidence. It's the difference in the injury rate between the two sports that is very telling in how each sport is played.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
lol @ the pics.

ozhawk isn't a flamer's chocolate starfish.

Good flamers know when to get the f**k outta there.

Good debaters have the ability to answer the hard ones, when confronted with difficulty. You obviously don't have hard ones.

ozhawk66 said:
Good debaters have the ability to answer the hard ones, when confronted with difficulty. You obviously don't have hard ones.

It's like being accused of being mute by Humphrey B Bear.

You're anything but a good debater. You spend 2/3 of your time trying to convince others that you're smart. You're not. You're a plaything that yelps and barks a lot but has no bite. You stick to this one thread when everyone else here is involved elsewhere in LU.

You don't answer simple, straight-forward points that kill your argument.

i.e. NFL players play 30 minutes in 210, League players play 60-80 minutes in 90. Therefore, NRL players have more stamina than NFL players.

To you, that statement doesn't exist.

I've coughed up phlegm that could outwit you. You'd lose a game of tic-tac-toe to a garden fork.

To me, you're basically an AFL supporter. Can't get much lower than that.

ozhawk66

Juniors
snoopster77 said:
Ozsparrows insistence that a halfback the size of Brad Thorn would revolutionize Rugby League just goes to show that while he may enjoy watching football he has absolutely no idea about the game.

Ozzie, here's two tips:

1. Forget about NFL while watching league and try to appreciate the differences.

2. Take some night classes in english.

There are a slew of RB's and LB's who weigh in the range of 220-250+ lbs trying to make it in the NFL every year, who are basically faster than most everyone on the league field, cept for some/most wingers and the odd fast playmakers in league. League fans just have a hard time comprehending the size and speed of these sort of athletes.

Now, why won't the likes of a Mason or a Webke try to become bigger/stronger, yet keep their league speed and endurance? I just don't see league players trying improve themselves, in this way.

And secondly, English is capitalized. Don't need a class to recognize a basic.

Bomber

Bench
By popular request, here are some more fatty phopahs for you to feast your eyes on. Remember, these are the elite NFL players in Australia.

ozhawk66 said:
You have no idea about the fitness or skill of NFL athletes. If you did, you could explain why the American football player is bigger, faster and stronger

Marvel at their superior athleticism.
Ravensv'Cats-beatenonthepass.jpg

Be awestruck at their masterful skill.
SeniorWildcatsoffensevRhinos-Nerang240704.jpg

Bow down to the gods of the world game - American Football.
Wildcats2004groupteam.jpg

Phopah!

Status
Not open for further replies.