What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
Baseball = American variant of cricket

Hardly.

Baseball evolved from cricket the way man evolved from the apes.

Football evolved from rugby/league the way man evolved from the apes.

Snoop

Coach
ozhawk66 said:
Pop culture slang. I already mentioned that. And recently.

Maybe you missed out on what you just posted. Idiot.

>>n 1: informal language consisting of words and expressions that are not considered appropriate for formal occasions<<

Hope the underlined parts helped. You're the one that posted the obvious in what most know in the 1st place.

I once said 'faux pas' at a formal dinner I was at and everyone literally dropped their jaws and stared at me. Since then I have learnt never to say 'faux pas' except for at informal occasions like at a pub or around the barbeque.

Snoop

Coach
ozhawk66 said:
But centre is enunciated with an 'er'. Not an 're'.

And 'burgh' is enunciated 'burrah' nor 'burg' but what doesn't make sense to you Americans is discarded.

Once again you are acting like you invented the language.

ozhawk66

Juniors
snoopster77 said:
I once said 'faux pas' at a formal dinner I was at and everyone literally dropped their jaws and stared at me. Since then I have learnt never to say 'faux pas' except for at informal occasions like at a pub or around the barbeque.

Depends in what context and or tone you used in. But maybe you're learning in what context I used it in, beings I underlined what you had posted.

ozhawk66

Juniors
snoopster77 said:
And 'burgh' is enunciated 'burrah' nor 'burg' but what doesn't make sense to you Americans is discarded.

Once again you are acting like you invented the language.

No, what doesn't make sense has generally been discarded over time.

Azkatro

First Grade
ozhawk66 said:
No, what doesn't make sense has generally been discarded over time.

So why haven't you discarded imperial measurements yet? Is it because you have to measure up fifteen inches of aloominum and you won't have it any other way?

ozhawk66

Juniors
Azkatro said:
So why haven't you discarded imperial measurements yet? Is it because you have to measure up fifteen inches of aloominum and you won't have it any other way?

It was generally tried about the same time Australia converted. Cept it's much harder to convert 200+ million people as oppposed to whatever Australia's population was at the time.

Learning the metric system was easy back in the 6th grade and I hate math. But I seldom use it.

Isn't it pronounced al-U-min-Ee-um?

Azkatro

First Grade
ozhawk66 said:
Cept it's much harder to convert 200+ million people as oppposed to whatever Australia's population was at the time.
Isn't it more valid to site average intelligence as the main hurdle in changing something so significant? :lol:
ozhawk66 said:
Isn't it pronounced al-U-min-Ee-um?
Go and tell your other 200+ million mates that!

yankeeboy

Juniors
Baseball was derived from rounders, not cricket. While it is stolen, Americans wouldn't steal a sport that requires 5 days to watch (I'm talking about traditional cricket, not ODIs or 20-20).

BTW, the BCS system is fairly riddiculed. Nobody really knows the exact formula, but recently the AP withdrew their poll from the formula.

You couldn't have a playoff because football is much more physically demanding than basketball, and it would take way too long to reduce 200+ DI schools to just 2 for a final.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Azkatro said:
Isn't it more valid to site average intelligence as the main hurdle in changing something so significant?

Isn't the metric system supposed to be easier to understand? Hence the conversion down here?

:lol:
Go and tell your other 200+ million mates that!

Nah. Half of em have moronic southern or eastern accents :?

redVgirl

Juniors
Bomber said:
Goodness me.......talk about a faux pas
cool.gif

Thanks for the accolades, but you should read back in the thread just a bit...you'll find that ozhawk66 (too lazy to seperate other people's quotes with quote tags) has written his reply to my thoughts in bold italics.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1571439&postcount=974

I'll assume that you meant to call ozhawk66 the 'deadset KNOB' here.
cool.gif

P.S. I've never been out of Australia in my life
wink.gif

I agree with every word. My great-grandfathers served at Kokoda, Singapore and Tobruk, while my grandfather is a Korean War veteran. The old men always declare war, but it is the young men who must go and fight.

Thank you for giving our American friend the history lesson.

oh my god mate im so sorry!! i got confused with the quotes and all that. well yes whoever it is that said that is a the deadset knob ;-) im so embarassed now! sorry bomber, you are a non knob...lol. and u put me in your signature...argh..*hides*

and ozhawk are you seriously calling ME ignorant? oh, the irony! i don't think ill even bother to respond to that....you aren't worth the energy i would have to expend while typing.

Snoop

Coach
ozhawk66 said:
Depends in what context and or tone you used in. But maybe you're learning in what context I used it in, beings I underlined what you had posted.

You used it in the exact context it is always used only you misspelt it.

spelling mistakes != slang

ozhawk66

Juniors
snoopster77 said:
You used it in the exact context it is always used only you misspelt it.

spelling mistakes != slang

Idget. Tell us how you DO correctly spell a word that doesn't exist? That part of it is still lost on you.

Bomber

Bench
Apology accepted, redVgirl ;-)

Hope you don't mind the new sig.....it's a back-handed compliment, really ;-)

Bomber

Bench
so now you're trying to say that faux pas doesn't exist?

sh*t, better tell the frenchies then.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts