What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
r-a-t-i-o-n-a-l-i-s-e

Main Entry: ra·tio·nal·ize
Pronunciation: 'rash-n&-"lIz, 'ra-sh&-n&l-"Iz
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -ized; -iz·ing
transitive senses
1 : to free (a mathematical expression) from irrational parts <rationalize a denominator>
2 : to bring into accord with reason or cause something to seem reasonable: as a : to substitute a natural for a supernatural explanation of <rationalize a myth> b : to attribute (one's actions) to rational and creditable motives without analysis of true and especially unconscious motives <rationalized his dislike of his brother>
3 : to apply the principles of scientific management to (as an industry or its operations) for a desired result (as increased efficiency)
intransitive senses : to provide plausible but untrue reasons for conduct

No wonder the idgets around here can't recognize the obvious behind phopah. How can they when they can't recognize the diff between different English dictionaries.

Bomber

Bench
It doesn't have to be in the dictionary to be a word.

But you've said that phopah isn't a word, full stop.

Rationalise that.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
It doesn't have to be in the dictionary to be a word.

But you've said that phopah isn't a word, full stop.

Rationalise that.

Thank God I can't rationalize what you just said. This collective mentality of spinning till one is spun is real iffy with some of you around here. It also seems to be catchy. Wow.

Bomber

Bench
ozhawk66 goes to Buckingham Palace....

ozhawk66 - "Your majesty, make Australia a kingdom, and make me the king."
Queen Elizabeth II - "Mr Ozhawk, I'll make Australia a country, and you can remain what you are."

ozhawk66

Juniors
Uh huh. And defensive linemen would gag in a league match. Gag.

Edited for your reading and enlightening, enjoyment.

A humble Hercules

Peppers remains grounded despite incredible athleticism

By Nolan Nawrocki, Associate editor

Julius Peppers seeks challenges, and he didn’t feel very challenged during offseason summer conditioning workouts while leading the pack of lineman running wind sprints. So Peppers took it upon himself to run with the wide receivers and defensive backs, where he would be held accountable for running eight 300-yard sprints in 55 seconds with 30 seconds rest between each sprint. Peppers didn’t miss a time, completing the workout regimen of skill-position players at 6-6, 290 pounds.

"He has very few weak points," Connors said. "He’s flexible. He’s got great feet. He runs very well straight ahead. He’s got great linear speed. His strength is excellent. His power is excellent. There are very few weaknesses that the guy has. I mean, they are tough to find. Even the intangibles are strong."

According to Connors, Peppers was clocked at 4.55 on turf in the 40-yard dash before the season. He recorded a 37.5 vertical jump, bench-pressed 420 pounds, squatted 575 pounds and measured nine percent body fat at 6-6 1/8, 290 pounds.

After witnessing Peppers on the hardwood floor, UNC head basketball coach Matt Doherty compared Peppers to a circus act, saying there’s no way anyone should be able to get a body that big up that high in the air.

His high school track coach, Alton Tyre, who watched Michael Jordan when he was coming through high school, said he has never seen anything that compares to Peppers’ combination of size, speed and quickness in his 24 years of coaching — and probably would not if he coached for another 24 years.

"We’ve got to put two people on him," Amato said. "He’s that good. You’ve got to slow him down because when he lets it go — wow. Where do you find somebody who is that tall, that fast and that powerful?"

North Carolina defensive coordinator Jon Tenuta says Peppers’ natural ability was evident in his interception against FSU. Peppers was responsible for the hook zone in 3-coverage. He lined up against a four wide-receiver set, dropped to his zone in the middle and saw a crossing pattern coming his way. He stepped in front of the crossing receiver, made a leaping catch and started for the endzone. Peppers, who rushed for 3,501 yards and 46 touchdowns as a tailback in high school and also competed four years in the triple jump and relays, tried to hurdle a Florida State tackler and nearly did before getting tripped short of the endzone.

"Julius saw double-teams on practically every game we played this year," Webster said. "Everybody was double-teaming him. Everybody had a back that went to his side and was chipping him before releasing. He got a lot of attention."

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives2001/draft_2001/prospects_peppers_022202.asp

And this guy is one of the many, good ones in the NFL these days. It's almost scary what guys like this would do to most league layers.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
ozhawk66 goes to Buckingham Palace....

ozhawk66 - "Your majesty, make Australia a kingdom, and make me the king."
Queen Elizabeth II - "Mr Ozhawk, I'll make Australia a country, and you can remain what you are."

Maybe you guys will get smart and become a Republic some day.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Another obese defensive lineman from the NFL.

At left end, the Panthers merely started the NFC Defensive Player of the Year. First-time Pro Bowler Julius Peppers made the spectacular appear routine. He led the defensive line with 85 tackles, five tackles for loss, 11 sacks, 31 hurries, four forced fumbles, six batted passes and two interceptions. He scored two touchdowns, one on an interception return and one on a fumble return.

0207pepp.jpg
spacer.gif

Left end Julius Peppers was the NFC Defensive Player of the Year. "Julius had a tremendous year," said Sunseri. "When you come into this League, it's extremely competitive, and people do a good job of studying their opponents. Julius has applied himself more to studying his opponents. He's taking the game very, very seriously. He has always expected a lot of himself. But to get his best, he had to study and understand his opponents better. He has become more of a student of the game and has come to understand his strengths and how to take them to each guy. It has helped him become a better football player."

img5.jpg

redVgirl

Juniors
mate seriously...do you have no life or something? we dont care what you have to say. everyone should just stop replying.

ozhawk... why dont u go and play with your NFL loving friends and u can have a huge circle jerk about how great it is to be an ammmerrrican! and freeeee! and play football wearing HELMETS! go team USA!

ozhawk66

Juniors
pain..........

Titans quarterback Steve McNair is hospitalized following surgery to correct the sternum problem that has plagued him for much of the season.

A hard hit that McNair sustained during a September 26th game did not cause the problem for his sternum, but it did bring on the pain. Two other injuries that followed compounded it, eventually sidelining him for the last five games of the season.

On December 17th Titans coach Jeff Fisher said, "Basically Steve does not have a solid bony surface throughout the length of the sternum. There is an area in there that is cartilage. It's not normal."

http://affiliates.art.com/get.art?T=15032680&A=447329&L=9&P=0&S=1&Y=185

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial]
[/font]http://affiliates.art.com/get.art?T=15032680&A=447329&L=8&P=10103592&S=2&Y=0[font=verdana, helvetica, arial]
[/font]http://affiliates.art.com/get.art?T=15032680&A=447329&L=8&P=10212964&S=2&Y=0[font=verdana, helvetica, arial]
[/font]

begging for mercy after a few one-on-ones.

ozhawk66

Juniors
redVgirl said:
mate seriously...do you have no life or something? we dont care what you have to say. everyone should just stop replying.

ozhawk... why dont u go and play with your NFL loving friends and u can have a huge circle jerk about how great it is to be an ammmerrrican! and freeeee! and play football wearing HELMETS! go team USA!

:blahb: :-({|= :blahb:

redVgirl

Juniors
ive only made like 5 posts in total. compared to your 300. plus i find you intensely amusing...you have posted the same crap for 75 pages and you still havent managed to convince anyone of NFL's superiority. beating a dead horse much?

argh its a waste of time. bloody seppos.

ozhawk66

Juniors
redVgirl said:
ive only made like 5 posts in total. compared to your 300. plus i find you intensely amusing...you have posted the same crap for 75 pages and you still havent managed to convince anyone of NFL's superiority. beating a dead horse much?

argh its a waste of time. bloody seppos.

That's cause I keep refuting the same mythical crap league fans have about American football.

You're amused but it's a waste of time? Interesting.

ozhawk66 said:
You did it in the very same post I've pointed out below.

No.

Let me know if you want me to post the meaning of that word.

ozhawk66 said:
You spin yourself so bad with this inferiority complex by your excessive desire to flame, you can't remember what you post half the time.

errr

No. You're talking sh*t again.

No inferiority complex here. I am so superior to you it's scary. Put it this way, if I thought for one second that a f**king imbecile like you got the better of me, I'd do a belly-flop off the Harbour Bridge.

That's Harbour Bridge, not Harbor Bridge dickwit...

ozhawk66 said:
The rest of that babbling, self amusement post, was staggering in it's wanna-be intellect.

errr

No and yes.

Of course it's self-amusement, I laugh my arse off at your responses though, not mine. You've tried everything but nothing has worked. What could be funnier than someone without an argument arguing?

Compared to you, a small marsupial called Dennis is an intellectual, but I've never considered myself to be one. That's the thing you can't get over isn't it? I don't consider myself to be anything special and you think you are special. But try as you might, you just can't seem to win one against me.

Get used to it f**khead.

Anyway, this is about you, not me. It's about your stupidity, it's about your attempts to deflect away from your stupidity and it's about your inability to accept that everyone else that has posted in this thread is smarter than you. Including me.

ozhawk66 said:
It's funny how some can rationalize themselves to believe anything, just so they can validate what they want to believe.

Like your arguments on phopah and droors?

You have no right to question anyone's rationalisations after that bunch of hot c**k.

hahahahahahaha

You mental midget.

Who have you fooled here?

Let's count them shall we?

That's how many people you have fooled. You talk sh*t and exacerbate it with more sh*t, trying to load the debate your way by accusing people of not understanding what you're on about, because you're a genius.

You're not, you're a stupid little man who just can't get over the fact that Australians get the better of you, easily.

We get the better of you because you're just plain f**king dumb. It's your ego that got you into trouble in the first place and it's your ego that won't let you stop.

It's very, very funny to be perfectly honest.

EA said:
>>I lose more intelligence when I piss than you'll ever have. And I don't consider myself anything other than average....<<

Sums you up perfectly....

I would suggest you link the stories you're posting or when a mod sees it you will be made to credit the author or the post will disappear.

Don't take credit for other people's work. Those people might spell using American variations but they can actually spell, so we know they weren't written by you.

ozhawk66

Juniors
This dude from my team was recently clocked running a step behind the new world record in the 100 meters at 9.91 seconds.......weighing in at just inder 100 kg.

3vike1117.l.jpg

bottom_left.gif

bottom_right.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts