What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozhawk66

Juniors
The same #7..............who I don't like........

tc18v7un.gif

Media Credit: photographer / Ric Feld / AP
Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick goes airborne over St. Louis Rams cornerback Jerametrius Butler in the first half of their Sept. 19 game at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta

ozhawk66

Juniors
Now if the NRL allowed kids to play with men...............

Barney,Lem6.jpg

.....they would get hurt........................................

That's why the NRL cannot comprehend the NFL: No boys allowed rule.

As has been pointed out 50 times mongoloid, 18 year olds aren't allowed to play in the NFL so your constant stupid argument that they can't because it's physically impossible is a lie.

And it's good that you've seen fit to post numerous pictures of fat bastards, makes everyone here feel just that much skinnier.....

monaroCountry

Juniors
In America, 18 year olds don't play because they aren't physically or mentally mature enough to play at the top level. So we let them spend 4 years in university, so if football doesn't work out, at least they have a degree.
Again this comes down to the level of maturity and trust vested to 18 year olds. In Australia legal age for alcohol is ????, whilst in america its ????. Most people at 18 years old are mature enough physically and (if given the right upbringing) mentally.

What's Sonny Bill or Karmichael gonna do if they can't play league anymore? It's not as if they are making millions of dollars. Will they be bricklayers? Work at Macca's?
Going to university prior to pro football does have its advantages. However most if not all NRL teams have their own inhouse schooling. Guys like Hunt and Williams MUST still undergo/ finish their schoolings, whether it be in TAFE or UNI.

monaroCountry

Juniors
Barney,Lem6.jpg

Those shots doesnt seem to be too bad. Those hits you posted up are an everyday occurance to league guys. Watch State of Origin this comming Wed night and you would realise what pain, endurance, mateship and sacrifice truely means.

Tell me this, what happens when a player in NFL gets a concussion?

yankeeboy

Juniors
Whoever posted the pics of the players wearing #7 is stupid. If you are going to post a number 7, why not post a decent one... like John Elway.

In America, the legal age for driving is 16, smoking 18, and drinking 21. We think that 18 year olds aren't mature enough to be drinking, and I agree (and I'm only 15).

And most NFL lineman are far from fat. They are possibly the strongest athletes beside from weightlifters. If you set up any NRL forward on a NFL defensive line, they would be driven back 5 yards simply because they lack the size and strength in comparison to these behemoths.

yankeeboy said:
Whoever posted the pics of the players wearing #7 is stupid. If you are going to post a number 7, why not post a decent one... like John Elway.

In America, the legal age for driving is 16, smoking 18, and drinking 21. We think that 18 year olds aren't mature enough to be drinking, and I agree (and I'm only 15).

And most NFL lineman are far from fat. They are possibly the strongest athletes beside from weightlifters. If you set up any NRL forward on a NFL defensive line, they would be driven back 5 yards simply because they lack the size and strength in comparison to these behemoths.

I can see that you're 15, so your comprehension skills aren't matured yet. Even moreso because you're an American 15 year old.

Find one post that says that an NRL player could play as an NFL lineman.

monaroCountry

Juniors
Jonah yes, the other two examples, would take some time.
Well those two guys are very good learners.

LOTE is now regarded as the best winger in Rugby, very evasive, strong, great kicking game, great passing, great vision etc. From what I know not many NFL players have all these qualities, thus they would take longer than your average NRL/union players in making the grade.

Being big and fast is only a quarter of what it takes to be a good rugby player.

monaroCountry

Juniors
We think that 18 year olds aren't mature enough to be drinking, and I agree (and I'm only 15)

The operative word is WE. Americans and Australians have differing standards, you must realise this. WE (ill use the royal we) however think that 18 year olds are mature enough to play. They are also better because they have a faster recovery time and are still quite athletic, unlike your sopposed mature older players.

yankeeboy

Juniors
What the hell does my nationality have to do with my comprehension?

I was not referring to any specific post, I was simply stating that NFL linemen are much stronger than NRL forwards. That is not debatable. If any NRL forward were to try to convert, it would be as a linebacker, or maybe a defensive end. However, they would simply like the bulk to play what would be the roughest, toughest job a footballer can have.
I'm not your standard ignorant American. Most American teens don't know what rugby is, let alone the difference between rugby and league.

monaroCountry

Juniors
Well the players that we have seen so far looks to be a cross between a sumo and the michlen man. On average NRL players are fitter, compared with NFL players.

The fittest athletes are not those that play football but those in swimming and gymnastics.

yankeeboy

Juniors
Hell yes! Swimmers are very fit (I swim)!

But despite how bulky the linemen may look, they are very powerful men, and no NRL forward could be able to get in a stance and block one.

NRL forwards are better suited to their game, which is running forward, retreating 10, and tackling.

NFL linemen are suited to their game, which is basically trying to shove the man in front of him as far forward as possible without grabbing onto his jersey or any other part of his body.

yankeeboy said:
What the hell does my nationality have to do with my comprehension?

I was not referring to any specific post, I was simply stating that NFL linemen are much stronger than NRL forwards. That is not debatable. If any NRL forward were to try to convert, it would be as a linebacker, or maybe a defensive end. However, they would simply like the bulk to play what would be the roughest, toughest job a footballer can have.
I'm not your standard ignorant American. Most American teens don't know what rugby is, let alone the difference between rugby and league.

That's a stupid post, almost as stupid as the previous one.

I'll ask it again, please post where anyone here has claimed that an NRL player would be able to play as a lineman on an NFL side.

If someone has, then your post is relevant.

Your post is like me posting that an NFL lineman couldn't play ruck in the AFL.

ozhawk66 said:
Really? So, tell us how a 210-50 lb football player, who uses the the basics of rugby/league, who is that much faster than league players, ain't able to play in league?

I can't wait.

You can go back and find the link and your gagging post, I couldn't be bothered. They're still here by the way, same as the 2am post you made and are now claiming didn't happen...

And what basics are they?

Running, yep, but not with helmets or padding.

Kicking, no.

Passing, no.

Tackling, no. The tecniques are as different as Darts and Pool.

So, no NFL player could play in the NRL without years of training.

That's pretty simple isn't it corkhead?

CAPSISCOOL

Juniors
Ozhawk you're making a complete fool yourself.

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ the comparison between baseball batting averages and cricket batting averages. How about watching a match before you spew out your endless bullsh*t? Can't really have a debate if one side knows sh*t all about the topic.

yankeeboy

Juniors
My god. I said that I was referring to no particular post, just that NFL linemen were stronger than RL forwards.

What is with Aussies and their "the only cool sport is the one I follow. All other sports are gay" attitude? Hello...Americans are supposed to be the closed-minded ones. EA, you are a poor representative of your country, and it's supposedly being much more open-minded than mine.

yankeeboy said:
My god. I said that I was referring to no particular post, just that NFL linemen were stronger than RL forwards.

What is with Aussies and their "the only cool sport is the one I follow. All other sports are gay" attitude? Hello...Americans are supposed to be the closed-minded ones. EA, you are a poor representative of your country, and it's supposedly being much more open-minded than mine.

Exactly dumbarse. American males are stupid, moronic, sub-human refuse, the rubbish of the planet and you're the next generation..... LOL

America is f**ked.

If you'd bothered to read back, I am a fan of the NFL and have been for a couple of years now. But that doesn't mean that when geniuss like you and ozdork come in here making bullsh*t claims about NFL in comparison to NRL that I'm going to just accept them.

You said that NFL linemen were stronger than NFL forwards....

So what?

Doesn't make them better at anything other than lifting more. And it certainly doesn't mean they could play in the NRL.

No one here is arguing that NRL players could easily play in the NFL you dopey little pissant.

yankeeboy said:
But despite how bulky the linemen may look, they are very powerful men, and no NRL forward could be able to get in a stance and block one.

Imbecile.

No NRL player would need to stand in front of a tub of lard and block it.

Do you understand the term "relevant" ?

yankeeboy said:
Arena Football (the current American "AFL," so to some of you it's already screwed) has already implemented a limited interchange system, so most players play both ways of the 60 min. game. But the field is only 50 yds. long, and these are the "NFL Rejects."

Are they of the same quality as CFL players, or are they rejects from the North, too?

The Toronto Argonauts backup QB, Michael Bishop, was a star in the AFL this past AFL season. He could play both because the seasons don't overlap. I think the CFL players tend to be better than AFL players in general.

Sorry, I know that's off-topic.

monaroCountry

Juniors
They might be bigger, but tackling them shouldnt be overly difficult given time and proper training.

NRL forwards are better suited to their game, which is running forward, retreating 10, and tackling.

NFL linemen are suited to their game, which is basically trying to shove the man in front of him as far forward as possible without grabbing onto his jersey or any other part of his body.
I agree with you on this one. NFL players wouldnt be suitable for NRL, the constant ten in ten out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts