What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

monaroCountry

Juniors
When hard-working Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher popped a hamstring 5 minutes into his first training camp practice last July, you had to question if what he did in the offseason didn't make him vulnerable to injury. Are offseason conditioning programs and individual training regimens preventing injuries or contributing to them?
Oh shugar he popped his hammie.................big deal

ozhawk66

Juniors
monaroCountry said:
Coming from an American like yourself, very FUNNY indeed. In your case is it a case of ignorance, arrogance or stupidity. From reading the many posts here it seem at you fit all three bills perfectly.

You're of the room-temp ilk that doesn't know what he's talking about when concerning American football.

monaroCountry

Juniors
No. They have to be smart enough to pass classes at a certain level to keep playing collegiate football, though.
Thats right, that my friend is a restriction, preventing younger guys from becoming pros. How many 18 year olds do you see playing in the NRL when they are required to finish University?...........oppps there goes your whole stup1d arguement, its full of holes.

next.....

monaroCountry

Juniors
For every chub you can find in the NFL, I can find 3-4 of similar weight who aren't fat.
So what your saying is that a high percentage of NFL players are fat? 1/4 is very high. All the guys playing in the NRL are 100% fit :):):)

monaroCountry

Juniors
Soft? Those league hits are good ones but they are all the same type with no 360's, somersaults, clotheslines etc....and they aren't nearly as fast of some of the more violent ones in the NFL.
Ultra violent and illegal shots are usually not shown on TV...............watch a game sometimes. Those NFL hits with their paddings are kiddie stuff.

monaroCountry

Juniors
"There is no crying in football -shut up and play!"

-coach
If thats from NFL then its a geat example of the players toughness i.e. none existant. Well at least the coach has enough sense. In my opinion the coach should have clubbered the highly paid girly player.

ozhawk66

Juniors
monaroCountry said:
Thats right, that my friend is a restriction, preventing younger guys from becoming pros. How many 18 year olds do you see playing in the NRL when they are required to finish University?...........oppps there goes your whole stup1d arguement, its full of holes.

next.....

You can't be this dense as you're trying to frame it as some sort of restriction.

One more time: how are 18/19 year old kids able to play at the NFL level when they have a hard time getting playing time on the collegiate level? And we're talking thousands and thousands of players each year.

This isn't like league where a player can get noticed at a young age and play if he's good enough by the time he's 17/18 years old.

Going from high school to the division 1-A collegiate level is a major leap. And eventually graduating from the collegiate level and making it in the NFL, and you're one of the very, very few.

The concept of making the leap from high school to the NFL? Forget about it.

Here is a recent and historic example from the last NFL draft:

"Smith became the youngest player ever selected No. 1 overall in the modern draft era."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8421260

The kid he is talking about is Alex Smith. He's 22 years old now and was the youngest number one pick in the draft. He won't play a freaking down next year and he'll be on the worst team in the NFL. He'll be holding a clipboard next season. He's too young for the QB spot to be thrown in right away.

ozhawk66

Juniors
monaroCountry said:
So what your saying is that a high percentage of NFL players are fat? 1/4 is very high. All the guys playing in the NRL are 100% fit :):):)

Yeah right. That's why I see em tired in the 1st half and waterboys giving waterbreaks throughout a league match, during play while other players are standing around.

I don't hear of NRL players trainging year round like in the NFL.

ozhawk66

Juniors
monaroCountry said:
Ultra violent and illegal shots are usually not shown on TV...............watch a game sometimes. Those NFL hits with their paddings are kiddie stuff.

Nice try kid.

monaroCountry

Juniors
You're of the room-temp ilk that doesn't know what he's talking about when concerning American football.
I could say the same with you............but in your case its a little bit more than just football. Youve been blabbing your way through 97 pages, comparing NRL (which is clearly superior :)) to your overly protected momas boys the NFL. If you actually read the forum name you might find that this isnt your NFL forum.

Cheers buddy, hope they bring you back to the institute :):).

monaroCountry

Juniors
Nice try kid.
Thanks, us aussies always have a fair go at things. Thats probly why you see the backline to the forwards (in the NRL) kicking and being imaginative with the ball, whereas NFL is very speicalised (although surprisingly still not very good) and in most instances lazy. What????? linesmen cant kick and run? and widerecievers cant tackle?.

monaroCountry

Juniors
Yeah right. That's why I see em tired in the 1st half and waterboys giving waterbreaks throughout a league match, during play while other players are standing around.
Its called earning their money, they actually run around and play running football i.e. more like proper athletes. NFL players gets paid millions to what? stand around and look pretty - for the cameras (see pic below)
smile.gif
. Hey oz the red stuff are not blood, its smudged LIPSTICKS
smile.gif
img5.jpg

NFL= funny game thats become the laughing stock of world football. Sumo wrestlers are better athletes than NFL linesmen.

I don't hear of NRL players trainging year round like in the NFL.
Thats because theyre too busy actually traning, not talking to the medias (with their bling bling) and pretend to be training.

Typical NFL training = wake up early (5am)
6am - eat macdonalds burger (at least 5)
7am - powder nose (ooopps its a secret)
9am - eat main breakfast, consisting of pizzas with all the topping
10am - practice pose (important for interviews)
11am - watch TV, otherwise known as the video session
1pm - eat one whole pig with veggies (aparently those green stuff are healthy yuk)
2pm - beer session, drinking copious amount of beer increases bulk and weight (very important when stopping an opponent).
3pm - interviews (where they talk about their strenious training session)
5pm - little dinner 3 whole chickens
6pm - specially develouped food specially delivered to players house. Consists of 1 fresh whole cow, 1 sheep (from NZ) and one leaf of veggie.
9pm - steriod injection session
10pm - party/ clubbing and showing off their bling bling
2am - sleep

sleepyboy..

Juniors
Alot of you people seem to really bad mouth NFL, where, i love it.
You all seem to jump to the conclusion that they have a brake after a Down/Play, thus making them not as 'fit' as NRL players.
What you dont also say is, that there game is alot more complex compared to NRL. Just to make one down, i would say there is as much movement and fatigue as there is in a set of NRL.

As long as they make a down in one of there 4 plays, they will keep possession of the ball, unlike the NRL. Also, people talk about helmets, and how that makes them weak. Well, lets see, the difference in, in NFL, unlike NRL there is a higer level of violence, and there is alot more colission around the neck and up. Unless you want seriously career shattering damage, i suggest you were a helmet out on the field.

monaroCountry

Juniors
Give it up oz your well and truely beaten.......................youve got nothing.

Actually your quite funny :), we are all laughing at you (oppps i was meant to say with you).

sleepyboy..

Juniors
You watch you boys like Webke, Waterhouse and Morley.. Put them in the defensive line up of a NFL team against the Patriots, and see if they can get Peyton Manning down, let alone get past New England's players..

Originally Posted by Everlovin' Antichrist
Post #1156 2.02am
Post #1157. 2.07am

You mean those?

Twat. I said you posted at 2am and you did.

Your argument against that is?

ozhawk66 said:
Ignat. Like I said, if you could cite where I posted then left and came back the same night when I said otherwis, then do so.

f**kwit.

I said you posted at 2am I didn’t say you did a song and dance as well?

Is there anything you American men understand without having the Webster’s and an interpreter from genius to English in front of you?

You’re just really, really stupid. Canadian men are smarter than you, even the French Canadians…

EA said:
Here we go again.

You're a f**king idiot.

You're the one claiming that NFL players could play NRL, no one here has claimed that Andrew Johns could walk into the NFL.

ozhawk66 said:
The Johns claim was a stupid example pointing out your stupid one. Illustrating the absurd by being absurd.

You want to know what the plural of f**kwit is?

Get out your driver’s licence for a sec…

EA said:
How many tackles are there in an average NFL game, and over what period of time are those tackles made?

Do the same sums for an NRL game.

Cretin.

ozhawk66 said:
And you don't realize the amount of collisions an NFL player has to endure to rack up the same tackle/hitup stats given in the NRL. That's cause league players don't have to endure blocking/tackling or beating their man on every play.

No answer, as per usual. You either don’t understand the question or don’t have the mental capacity to count beyond 20.

I’ll take door number 2.

So much for debate…

EA said:
Moron.

I've already said some of the training is similar, but the games aren't.

No NFL player could play in the NRL without years of training.

ozhawk66 said:
Depending on the player, 6-18 months, no prob.

No chance.

EA said:
Nah, you've got nothing.

You claim it but never re-post it for one of two reasons, it's either a typo or you're wrong. You seem to think that everyone here should be perfect in spelling and grammar, whilst you have no grasp of either.

Get your own shop in order first dumbarse.

If someone picked your typos/errors in this thread, it'd fill two pages...

ozhawk66 said:
I gave you several chance with the word itself and you still missed it.

I knew exactly what you were on about immediately. Typos are all you have to pick on because they’re the only errors you seem to understand.

Except your own typos of course…

Otherwis
chance

mcbulldog

Juniors
sleepyboy.. said:
You watch you boys like Webke, Waterhouse and Morley.. Put them in the defensive line up of a NFL team against the Patriots, and see if they can get Peyton Manning down, let alone get past New England's players..

Good point but the NRL players weren't built to play NFL. The players here are built for a physical game of touch footy called rugby league

ozhawk66 said:
They aren't allowed for a reason. I'm gonna esplain this to yuh and make you look stupid, even to yourself.

Okay, nubster, tell me why 18/19 year old kids have an incredibly hard time getting playing time in collegiate football on the division 1-A level. And I'm not even talking starting, I'm talking playing time. Yet you're gonna tell me these same kids can play on the NFL level when they can't even get playing time on the collegiate level?

You're so stupid you don't even know it. I can't wait to hear you rationalize this one away.

lol

Are you still that stupid?

I thought that maybe you might have gotten a bit and had some sense f**ked into you...

No 18 year old has ever played in the NFL, therefore you can't say that they can't physically handle it in any form other than "opinion".

You have no one to confirm your opinion because no 18 year old has played in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts