What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop

Coach
Ozdork said:
me said:
Level of talent and abundance of talent are two different things.
Both of which are in abundance in the states. It's the world class sort of athletes, extreme examples that make the diff in the NFL. Athletes like a Randy Moss or Barry Sanders come but once every 10-20 years. I have yet to see or hear of anyone on that level in league. And I've seen Randy "play" rugby on the football field and score.

So you have an abundance of an abundance of talent but at the same time only get talented players once every 20 years?

Ozdork said:
There are exceptions on every team every year where younger players play/start over older players. But these same players at this same age can't make that same leap to the NFL. The NFL is THAT much faster and physically more demanding than collegiate football.

So do 19 year olds play collegiate football or not?

ozhawk66

Juniors
snoopster77 said:
So you have an abundance of an abundance of talent but at the same time only get talented players once every 20 years?

Pretty lame retort there. Try reading what I posted on the concept of extreme talent. World class speed.

Check these short clips out and you'll see what I mean.

clip/TD #4 - this is actually an example of an average jump from Randy at close to full speed...

clip/TD #6 - off to the races cept no one can chase him.

clip/TD # 8 - flat out blazing speed unseen in league.

http://randymossonline.com/01videos.htm

So do 19 year olds play collegiate football or not?

That's a dumb question.

Snoop

Coach
It's not a dumb question at all. You've repeated this question on why don't 18/19 year olds play even collegiate football for pages now. Despite the uselessness of the question the answer which you have not denied is that it makes more sense to redshirt them. Then you claim that younger players do play above older players in exceptional cases. So my question stands. Do these younger players you refer to include 19 year olds. If so then 19 year olds DO play collegiate football. If not then my reason still stands undefeated.

As for Randy's amazing jump, both league and union players do that all the time and AFL players would laugh themselves silly at that jump.

ozhawk66

Juniors
snoopster77 said:
It's not a dumb question at all. You've repeated this question on why don't 18/19 year olds play even collegiate football for pages now. Despite the uselessness of the question the answer which you have not denied is that it makes more sense to redshirt them. Then you claim that younger players do play above older players in exceptional cases. So my question stands. Do these younger players you refer to include 19 year olds. If so then 19 year olds DO play collegiate football. If not then my reason still stands undefeated.

If you knew anything about collegiate football, you would know that it's circumstances that lead to red-shirting and or playing at that age. The norm is Freshmen being red-shirted. For instance, a lot of times, red-shirted players often have to play because of injuries.

As for Randy's amazing jump, both league and union players do that all the time and AFL players would laugh themselves silly at that jump.

Like I said, it was an average jump by Randy. And I know damn well there ain't no AFL player that can run nearly as fast as Randy or jump as high. So, no, they would not be laughing. You just like to think so.

Snoop

Coach
But you still haven't answered my question. Do 19 year olds play collegiate football or not?

Randy can run but Fatty McFats could jump higher if there was a burger stuck to the ceiling.

ozhawk66

Juniors
ozhawk66 said:
If roids were rampant in the NFL, you might have a point. But why can't these 18/19 year old kids get playing time on the collegiate level?

It's a "pointless" question because you don't like what the answer is when concerning the talent level between league and the NFL. That's why EA reacts the way he does to this question.

Oh, I love the question.

It's so stupid to ask him, how can it not be funny?

Look, I'll prove it, again.

Name the last 18 year old to play in the NFL and I'll answer your question.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Oh, I love the question.

It's so stupid to ask him, how can it not be funny?

Look, I'll prove it, again.

Name the last 18 year old to play in the NFL and I'll answer your question.

You love it cause you can't deal with it. And you know the answer to that last one you asked. It's never happened but it happens all the time in the NRL.

That in a nutshell shows you the diff in talent level between the two leagues. To quote my man Jack... "You can't handle the truth!"

ozhawk66

Juniors
Nah, it's on the shelf dopey, right next to the sanitary pads.

Sorry, I know that sort of talk will give you a woody...

I thought you said pads were for pussies? But then again, intellectually, you are one.

ozhawk66 said:
You love it cause you can't deal with it. And you know the answer to that last one you asked. It's never happened but it happens all the time in the NRL.

That in a nutshell shows you the diff in talent level between the two leagues. To quote my man Jack... "You can't handle the truth!"

Deal with what?

That the two games are so different about the only debate about the relative merits of the two is about the place kickers?

You're the only idiot who think that a debate is possible. It isn't. And for that you are truly the stupidest person ever to darken LU's door.

You may as well be comparing Soccer players and AFL players.

You're a piece of piss to deal with, but you really like flattering yourself.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Deal with what?

That the two games are so different about the only debate about the relative merits of the two is about the place kickers?

You're the only idiot who think that a debate is possible. It isn't. And for that you are truly the stupidest person ever to darken LU's door.

You may as well be comparing Soccer players and AFL players.

You're a piece of piss to deal with, but you really like flattering yourself.

You can't handle it because you can't deal with the fact of kids playing in the NRL but not the NFL.

You can't rationalize the fact of being beat over the head with a winning argument, so you deal with it through anger and lame, grade screwl humor over debate. The sign of a true loser.

Tell me, where there any knockouts over the weekend?

(There's a knockout from me with every lame retort you post up, that's fer sure.)

ozhawk66

Juniors
They can't play in the NFL because they're not allowed to play in the NFL.

Its ok, you can admit it, I won't laugh...... much....

And they aren't allowed because........?

ozhawk66

Juniors
Sanitary pads are for pussies.

Not the NFL type pussy though. They use other pads.

End of sex education lesson dopey.

You don't get it in more ways than one, and you're trying to sex-ed me? :lol:

ozhawk66

Juniors

11-26-98eleventh_spike.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts