What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutOofd

Juniors
ozhawk66 said:
Talk about living in the land of Oz in more ways than one.

I don't live in the land of "Oz" :lol: But the slogan "nfl=sh*t" is quite universal

American football has gone downwards ever since the unlimited substitute rule was invented, pre - 1938 it was probably quite enjoyable with fg's and drop kicks more important ways to score+several players being able to pass the ball

But now evers since the current nfl/afl exists it's sh*thouse

MutOofd

Juniors
ozhawk66 said:
You have no idea.

Now, try and back up what you originally said. :rolleyes:

Why? those were quite clear points i made... perhaps not for the moderate nfl player or for you... but then again : who gives a flying f*ck about those two groups of the world population

ozhawk66

Juniors
MutOofd said:
Why? those were quite clear points i made... perhaps not for the moderate nfl player or for you... but then again : who gives a flying f*ck about those two groups of the world population

Live in your own world, most of us don't care.

Two groups of the population?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
MutOofd said:
NFL players can't drink

NFL players live in one dimension, since they only run forward

NFL players can't duck since their touchdowns involve no touching down

NFL players play gridiron because they cant play baseball or basketball

NFL players should better lose their arms in order to be even faster since most of them only touch one kind of ball, their own

NFL linesmen can be replace by huge sacks of sand on wheels

You dumb ass...

1) Its called following your blocks..the fastest way to get to the Goal Line would be to run towards it not away from it..

2) A Runing Back runs as low to the ground as possible to get through the line and make the defense work harder in trying to stop them..the first thing you learn when playing gridiorn is to stay as low as possible.

3) Most the NFL athletes played Basketball during the Gridiron offseason, Drew Henson a QB for the Cowboys played both baseball and gridiron and was drafted to play baseball till he returned to football last season.

4) I honestly cant decrypt that messege of yours..

5) Line men have some of the quickest feet, if it was all about size then these 260pound linemen wont have a chance..Dwight Freeny and KGB are 2 Defensive ends that are speed based and destroy the much larger guards..the 300+pound linemen dont just use there weight..they use there arms more then anything..its all about how fast you can shove the opponent..

Honestly before trying to "put us in our place" how about you do yourself a favour and learn a thing or two about the NFL/Gridiron.

MutOofd

Juniors
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
Honestly before trying to "put us in our place" how about you do yourself a favour and learn a thing or two about the NFL/Gridiron.

I probably know more than a thing or 2 about American Football since I've been playing outside linebacker in a city team for 2 years now, you make the mistake by saying NFL=Gridiron which is not true: when its draft time in the nfl scouting only looks at the draft camp stats, an rb with a 4.35 40 yrd das will always be chosen over a somewhat slower but more tricky rb...

ozhawk66

Juniors
MutOofd said:
I probably know more than a thing or 2 about American Football since I've been playing outside linebacker in a city team for 2 years now, you make the mistake by saying NFL=Gridiron which is not true: when its draft time in the nfl scouting only looks at the draft camp stats, an rb with a 4.35 40 yrd das will always be chosen over a somewhat slower but more tricky rb...

How much do you know about playing OLB?

MutOofd

Juniors
enough to know u dont have to have lt/giant size to be a good linebacker, in the nfl it's all about size size>>skill

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
MutOofd said:

Your comeback has nothing to do with what i said...

Yes its true that the NFL draft is based on stats recorded at the mini camps..but that always doesnt guarentee too much.

but that really has nothing to do with the main discussion.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
MutOofd said:
enough to know u dont have to have lt/giant size to be a good linebacker, in the nfl it's all about size size>>skill

There was a runing back a few years ago who played for Detriot..his the one and only Barry Sanders, he stood at 5'7 and around 190pounds..if that, he tore the league apart.

The human joystick (daunta hall) is one of the smallest athletes in the nfl..he also happens to be the best kick returner and a decent reciver.

Size doesnt always mean the best player..the top 3 players in the league are skill players. Peyton Manning is tall but since his tall does it mean he has no skill?

Teams wont waste draft picks on big guys with no ability..

Jae

Juniors
Wow... I've never seen one person successfully drag a thread for 21 pages without proving anything due to the fact that he seems hell bent on not replying with more than 10 words to any given argument. Ozhawk you deserve a medal or something.

ah ok i see you've never taken a shot to the back with a helmet? or how about head on impact with another helmet..that sh!t hurts

What, it hurts more than taking a shot whilst not wearing helmet?

Give me a break.

..the padding doesnt make the game soft..it makes every player a possible stuntman which in most cases is crazy..cause then you have guys trying to lay you out with some huge shot.

I didn't say it was soft, hell, compared to Soccer and AFL it's as hard as nails. But not compared to Rugby League it isn't.

Yes i understand what you mean by saying league players are on the field longer and as you have also added the games run faster which means less breaks.. but the problem is its easy to take a few breaks during the play to regather your energy.

See, this is where your argument falls apart.

Every player on an NFL team spends more time waiting to play than actually playing.

Fact.

If the game goes for 4 hours and the play is only for 1 hour, that leaves 3 hours of either preparing for a play in a huddle or sitting on the bench.

You tell me, do they spend more time sitting on the bench or in a huddle?

What's the ratio, 3 hours on the bench as against 1/2 an hour in huddles?

A Gridiron game can last from 3hours+ depending on how the teams try and play the game..if there are alot of incomplete passes then expect alot of time stopping , this doesnt mean you dont get tired..far from it..since the time stops then you will be spriniting more and more as game time isnt wasted by the play clock.

Hardly. Are you seriously suggesting that NFL players sprint into position for the next play?

In cetain circumstances they do, but that isn't the norm.

You also spend almost all your time on the field spriniting, as a corner back or any position in the secondray if a team converts on two 3rd downs you will be out on your feet as by the time you more then likely have already run around 120-150m within a few plays.

So what FFS....

In Rugby League, team A kicks off, team B takes the ball in their in-goal and works it inside 5 tackles to the half-way, they kick to their opponents in-goal and chase the kick. How far has EVERY player on the team run in that time?

And two sets of down in the NFL takes a damn sight more time than two sets of six in League.

In league when runing back the 10 its easy the backs who are generally not involved for the first few plays..

In NFL, when the running backs are doing the bulk of the work, the wide receivers job is easy.

just watch a game and tell me how often you see a team sprinting the 10m then sprinting up to make the tackle...if it did happen then id say league requires more stamina.

I'll assume you didn't watch last night's game.

look at it this way,

Your defending, the ref has you 10m away..i get the ball run 7m then get tackled, you jog back 7m..its not really that exhausting..but then it changes after line breaks and etc which make the game alot more energy consuming.

Seriously, that's just a bizarre statement.

Same thing goes with Gridiorn, you sprint 40m then if in position you make the tackle..if not you jog back and get ready to do it again until its either 4th down or a turn over occours...

Who sprints 40 metres?

The game is a start and stop game but when ur on the field you have to go 100% all out or you will be left behind, this is why i believe you require more fitness to play the sport cause unlike league when your on the field you cant go easy to catch your breath.

It's stop-start even when they're on the field. League isn't.

And yes im aware that Gridiorn has a defense, offense and special teams but having a a 5min break on the sideline doesnt do justice to how hard you have to run while on the field.

LOL

Give it up.....

It's not A 5 minute break, it's 20 x 5 minute breaks.

If you ever play a game of Gridiron then you'd understand what im trying to say.

I doubt it.

Gridiron here is just for blokes who couldn't hack League.

ozhawk66

Juniors
MutOofd said:

What's your definition of of giant size at this position? Where do you draw the line at the minimum basics before a player is even looked at to be considered playing on an NFL team?

ozhawk66

Juniors
Jae said:
Wow... I've never seen one person successfully drag a thread for 21 pages without proving anything due to the fact that he seems hell bent on not replying with more than 10 words to any given argument. Ozhawk you deserve a medal or something.

Not more than 10 words? Reading comp lessons for you.

(how many was that in your book?)

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
As with your NFL v NRL arguments....

Bollocks...

I said might and that was a half time quote. At least Johns came back with a 40/20 and several good conversions.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
How many have played in the NFL?

How many? It's NEVER happened. And for good reason. Matter of fact, the percentage of rookies being productive, let alone starting in the NFL is a dismal figure, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.