What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Workhorses

Anonymous

Juniors
Hello people Cameron Smith. The meaning of the word Workhorse.

Other than that Robbie Kearns and Kirk Reynoldson hold the Storm together.

skeepe

Immortal
If you're looking for a good prop for the VNRL, you can't go past Danny Nutley. He scored the most forward tries last year (17 or something ridiculous I think), and started off 2004 well by getting one again.

Booyah

Bench
RB30DETT said:
I say Steve Price, how many props can play for 80 minutes?

Nutley can. Or did before he shifted to the Second row.

Luke Bailey doesn't stop either. Nor does Fitzy.

JJ

Immortal
Dragon21 said:
I need a prop..
Does Kerns get over 40 tackles + Hitups?

For a prop, I don't see anyone that compares with Stephen Price week in and week out

brook

First Grade
John Skandalis is another - he didn't make a forward try last year cause it was also judged on accuracy of tackles and he misses a lot

but he has a huge workrate and (while I often critisise the effectiveness of both his hitups and his tackles) for sheer volume few can match him

ngunity

Juniors
Luke Ricketson- the guys gets 50 plus tackles in ORIGIN if that's not work-horse performance.......

Steve Price- led the league in metres gained last year, plenty of tackling, 80-minute player, and one of the few guys with the balls and committment to charge down, and keep charging down kicks.

JW

Coach
Shane Webcke - if you ever get an insight into his work eithic on the field and during training, you'll know what I mean.

Shaun Berrigan - Get's moved around a lot, but he's shown how tough he is for a little fella. Never runs away from the action.

And as much as it pains me to mention a Rooster.... Ricko - tackle count says it all. The bloke's a machine, no question. Have him in any side.

Cheers.

Southernsaint

Staff member
From the "old school", Brad Mackay & Gary Larson were true Iron Men of the game. Their work-rates were phenomenal...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Latest posts