What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLCEO LU1 League

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
ab is up but isn't around. Im pretty happy to get the bed early tonight. Will have this most likely wrapped up by friday which is pretty good

Franko

Juniors
Rightio i'll just flick on and keep an eye on it because i'm after him. Not as if i don't have 30 other fantasy comps to look at.

Franko

Juniors
Im still on. There is 8 hours 47 minutes left to the next round. I'm not sure if that means auto picks. I'd like to have my pick.

abpanther

Staff member
Who the f**k is Jacob Loko??

Gee is that the best the auto pick could come up with?

perverse

Referee
was expecting a bit of a lul in the proceedings wednesday/thursday, fair few of us had stuff on.

i'm available pretty much through to the weekend now.

Franko

Juniors
If we don't finish by the weekend we will struggle to get finished by early next week. My weekend is virtually gone starting tomorrow morning. I have a dinner tomorrow night. Golf Saturday. Admittedly not much on Saturday night but my wife wouldn't mind some husband time and Sunday i'm at a mates place all arvo for a bbq.

I've only tried the pre selection auto list once and it worked for me with Nathan smith.

perverse

Referee
i'm sorta happy with my team. kinda. may i suggest those that don't intend to be around try to auto list the rest of their squad as best possible? i would assume most people have their core together by now.

Franko

Juniors
i'm sorta happy with my team. kinda. may i suggest those that don't intend to be around try to auto list the rest of their squad as best possible? i would assume most people have their core together by now.

Yeah agreed. I need to get my boys out on the park getting some cohesion together.

perverse

Referee
Yeah agreed. I need to get my boys out on the park getting some cohesion together.
lol, totally. me too... heaps of set plays we've gotta run through...

nah seriously, it's been a long recruitment period for me throughout my 3 fantasy teams... i think i'm just looking forward to it being over, lol. nothing compared to the draft you guys endured last year, but extremely time consuming during a week in which my time has been aggressively consumed by all and sundry.

Franko

Juniors

nah seriously, it's been a long recruitment period for me throughout my 3 fantasy teams... i think i'm just looking forward to it being over, lol. nothing compared to the draft you guys endured last year, but extremely time consuming during a week in which my time has been aggressively consumed by all and sundry.

I'm very serious Merritt will not know what to do running off Benji and Gaz

Franko

Juniors

I'm very serious Merritt will not know what to do running off Benji and Gaz :)

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Don't think i have the strongest backline. Banking alot on hodges to return back to form and not expecting alot out of purtell. Happy having full wh run on pack as well as the occasional WH try with minni and watmough on the bench. Still plenty to pick from

Last edited:

Franko

Juniors
I'm a tad disapointed with my backline as well although i do have Merritt, Gasnier, Stewart if he comes back, Ferguson, McManus and Benji so i guess there is some potency.

I wish Alpaca could get on today.

perverse

Referee
my halves will be my main weakness. forward pack and backline looking crisp... although i could probably use 1 more quality forward. my projected team at this stage would go something like...

1. Ben Barba/William Zillman
2. Manu Vatuvei
3. Greg Inglis
4. Steve Matai/Dylan Farrell
5. Sandor Earl/Dane Gagai/Fetuli Talanoa
6. Beau Henry
7. Kyle Stanley
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Cam Smith
10. Matt Scott/Russell Packer
11. Andrew Ryan
12. Matt Prior
13. David Stagg

not too shabby... but i'll reserve judgement until i see it next to other squads. i've obviously picked up a lot of young backs. hoping theres an opportunity to strengthen the pack a bit later on, possibly if the young gun backs i've accumulated can shine.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
my halves will be my main weakness. forward pack and backline looking crisp... although i could probably use 1 more quality forward. my projected team at this stage would go something like...

1. Ben Barba/William Zillman
2. Manu Vatuvei
3. Greg Inglis
4. Steve Matai/Dylan Farrell
5. Sandor Earl/Dane Gagai/Fetuli Talanoa
6. Beau Henry
7. Kyle Stanley
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Cam Smith
10. Matt Scott/Russell Packer
11. Andrew Ryan
12. Matt Prior
13. David Stagg

not too shabby... but i'll reserve judgement until i see it next to other squads. i've obviously picked up a lot of young backs. hoping theres an opportunity to strengthen the pack a bit later on, possibly if the young gun backs i've accumulated can shine.

Definitely a boom or bust team IMO.

Your forward pack is nice, plenty of WH tries there.

Your halves are a worry, very young and unproven, need them to make a big step up.

Backline is good, I like Barba and Manu most, big question marks about how the move will affect Inglis's performance, Matai starting is a big weak point IMO, guy doesn't produce much fantasy points from my experience with him

abpanther

Staff member
Oh and Cam Smith is obviously a standout in that side, although he underperformed last season IMO

perverse

Referee
yeah, i'm sort of tipping Smith and Slater to pull their fingers out a bit this year, given they are playing for points again. couldn't have been easy for them last year. hopefully a fresh start this year does them good.

yep, definitely a boom or bust team, but i like to live dangerously. i was sort of intending to play Stanley or Farrell in the centres... despite him likely being benched most of the year. will only take an injury to Cooper or Gaz for that to look like a masterstroke, though.

picked up Matai because he was hanging around in the draft really late and should bag a few 4 pointers.

but yeah, i'm probably banking on the success of 4 or 5 youngsters at least... and that's pretty consistent across all my teams this year. i'll either look the righteous c**k or the master coach. then again, if i can get half of them to fire i should still be going pretty well.

griffo346

First Grade
boyd
mini
jenko
blair
perrett
mullen
maloney

petero
berrigan
payton