What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's growth mindset points to 18th team. And it ain't Perth.

NRL take note : :

NBL crowds this year:
Only been six crowds above 10k this season in the
@NBL
and four (all four) of those
@RACArena
for
@PerthWildcats
Cats crowds 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th biggest this year.

#RedArmy are loyal and passionate and the envy of all others.

Western Australia love their sporting teams.
Wildcats are the best supported club in the league. It helps they played finals 35 years in a row until last season, when they missed out by one spot.

There have been two other games that drew more than 10k.

Sydney vs Brisbane

Melbourne vs Sydney

Perth Red

Post Whore
Correct, it would need private investment. I wonder if crown would see a 30k rectangular stadium at burswood being beneficial.
but then the Govt would just make the rent at HBF park so attractive that the new stadium wouldnt get used. Like it or not we are stuck with HBF park for at least the next 20 years or so. Better we lobby now as part of the license agreement to get it finished off. Besides I actually prefer its location to Burswood. More beer and dining options near by and you can park.

Colk

First Grade
but then the Govt would just make the rent at HBF park so attractive that the new stadium wouldnt get used. Like it or not we are stuck with HBF park for at least the next 20 years or so. Better we lobby now as part of the license agreement to get it finished off. Besides I actually prefer its location to Burswood. More beer and dining options near by and you can park.

Depends. They could sell the land for development if they needed to. But yes it is more likely that HBF Park is the stadium.

ground zero

Juniors
Kick the Sharks to Perth. Demerge the St George an Illawarra. 18th team Win Illawarra Steelers . 17th Team Saint George Dragons. 18 Team Comp. Perth Sharks in, Dragons Back in were they belong. Illawarra gets a 2nd chance.

Wb1234

Referee
GWS is the laughing stock of all expansion efforts for any sport ever.
GWS literally still puts a smirk on my face lol
It’s crazy rugby league has so many more places that deserve an nrl team and yet afl will be stuck polishing the massive t**d that is the gws for eternity (until one day they relocate it to Canberra)

Perth Red

Post Whore
oh look more afl discussion by RL fans lol.

Back on topic, it looks ever more likely Perth will be club 18 (hallelujah!) .
Where that leaves the game in NZ is hard to say. Do we try and get clubs to take their games to other parts of NZ or should we be putting in place a longer term plan for club 19 and deciding now where its likely to be and start building the RL presence there? The Sky NZ deal indicated plenty of contra to promote the game across NZ and with games finally going on FTA it would be a shame of we didn't make some effort to expose more people to live NRL there.

Gobsmacked

Bench
oh look more afl discussion by RL fans lol.

Back on topic, it looks ever more likely Perth will be club 18 (hallelujah!) .
Where that leaves the game in NZ is hard to say. Do we try and get clubs to take their games to other parts of NZ or should we be putting in place a longer term plan for club 19 and deciding now where its likely to be and start building the RL presence there? The Sky NZ deal indicated plenty of contra to promote the game across NZ and with games finally going on FTA it would be a shame of we didn't make some effort to expose more people to live NRL there.
I missed the news that pointed to a Perth team. Can you please share?

Latest posts